Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 12 Feb 2010 (Friday) 14:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6MDK pics

tnd2
96 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 12, 2010 14:36 |  #1

Here's a few pics to add to the fine reviews by Jim G and Kris_2020, no need to re-invent their observations, just different gear and a good bag. My bag was bought from a local camera shop about 2 years ago and it appears slightly different from the other 6MDK bags reviewed here.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

6 Million Dollar Home by Crumpler, loaded with gear-but not stuffed, note the 70-200 hood on the shoulder strap, plus the filter pouch from Adorama hooked to the side loops.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

6MDK Left side 10-22 EFS lens sitting on top of a 2x Canon extender in the front - in the rear a 580 flash w/shade, center a 40D no grip/facing down w/24-70 2.8, right 70-200 2.8 no hood.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

6MDK Top view 10-22 EFS lens sitting on top of a 2x Canon extender in the front - in the rear a 580 flash w/shade, center 40D no grip/facing down w/24-70 2.8, right 70-200 2.8 no hood.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

6MDK The lid will hold misc small items in the mesh area, the front pocket holds 4 Canon batteries, a small 6 pk of CF cards, 4 aa's for the flash, a Magic Lantern 40D book, and still has room for some minor gear if needed. On the left side where the strap meets the body the strap is held on with a Velcro tab, also there's thin pockets on each side of the bag that are between the sown in padded liner and the tab the strap attaches to. On the left side I have a large and a small lens pen.

The quality is great, the padding is excessive, and colors are anything but black.
All the pics were with my cell phone, no excuses or pardons provided, one day we'll wonder why we ever lugged that heavy camera gear around...

...Currently im on the hunt for another bag to hold all the gear except the 10-22 and the body which i'll just use my R-Strap to carry it. My plan is to use my old Domke F2 to hold the camera & 1 lens plus the new bag for the car ride only.

tnd2

BucketMan
936 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 06, 2010 14:59 |  #2

tnd I like how you have the lens hood through the strap like that, I might have to give that a try.

The large lens hoods for my 70-200 and 17-55 seem to be the biggest PIA so that might work nicely.

| 70D | 70-200LII | 580EXIIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/%3Ca%20h​ref=
flickr (external link)

tnd2
THREAD ­ STARTER
96 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 07, 2010 20:06 |  #3

It's not ideal, but it work's.

tnd2

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,921 views & 0 likes for this thread
6MDK pics
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.