Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 25 Feb 2010 (Thursday) 13:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Aperture 3.0.1

zincozinco
-Followers of Fidget-
4,420 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 25, 2010 13:26 |  #1

Any difference, im dying to find out but have no access to my files to try at this stage. let us know if they have made it quicker atleast.

Living the life, overexposing...
Web (external link), Blog (external link) Name: Mike, Maik, Micke or just zinco.

mrkgoo
Goldmember
2,289 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 25, 2010 14:11 |  #2

It does feel more robust to me.

Got ­ Turbo?
329 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 25, 2010 14:37 |  #3

Haven't used it much since I updated it last night, but have left it running all day. Two things I've immediately noticed are that it doesn't crash when I run it at the same time as VMWare Fusion, and memory utilization doesn't creep up. Seems like they fixed my major issues!

mjm80
I beleive in fairies
1,114 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 25, 2010 16:00 as a reply to  @ Got Turbo?'s post |  #4

This is the description on the download page:

This update improves overall stability and addresses a number of issues in Aperture 3, including:

Upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture
Importing libraries from iPhoto
Importing photos directly from a camera
Memory usage when processing heavily-retouched photos
Face recognition processing
Adding undetected faces using the Add Missing Face button
Printing pages containing multiple images
Printing photos and contact sheets with borders and metadata
Editing photos using an external editor
Display of images with Definition and Straighten adjustments applied
Zooming photos in the Viewer and in the Loupe using keyboard shortcuts
Accessing Aperture libraries on a network volume
Selecting and moving pins on the Places map
Adding and editing custom locations using the Manage My Places window
Switching between masters when working with RAW+JPEG pairs.
The update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.c​om/kb/TS2518 (external link)

Martin
Canon 7d Mk ii 17-55 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 L IS mk ii, Sigma 150-600 f5-6.3 C

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 25, 2010 16:15 |  #5

I'm debating on buying A3 or LR3 (when its out of beta), or even installing any Adobe products at all.
I think I can get done what I want with A3, iPhoto, iMovie, Final Cut, and iDVD, all Apple stuff.

But it sounds like 99.99% of photographers who use software also use Ps, so I guess I might also use Ps and Lr...? Either way I'm buying something if not probably both.
Sounds like they are working the kinks out, which is good. I really like what I'm seeing in the trial, if I only really knew how to use the stuff.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

847 views & 0 likes for this thread
Aperture 3.0.1
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.