Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 05 Mar 2010 (Friday) 20:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Shipping from Dealextreme.com

lukeap69
Goldmember
1,206 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 06, 2010 00:00 |  #16

Muskydave22 wrote in post #9738572 (external link)
Hmm, that bag would be so awesome for a location lighting bag. I might wait till the end of next week and maybe give them a call to get the low down. I just need a bag I can throw my speedlights, grids, umbrella adapters and all the little goodies into and the crumpler 5mdh clone looked great for that.

Dave

Dave

May I know the SKU no.?

Thanks

Arnold
Speedlite / Speedlight / Sunpak 120J Beauty Dish Rig (external link)
Gear
my Google+ Profile (external link)

sponsored links
Muskydave22
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,716 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 06, 2010 00:17 |  #17

Here is thelink (external link) to the bag

Dave

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

lukeap69
Goldmember
1,206 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 06, 2010 00:19 |  #18

thanks Dave

Arnold
Gear

Muskydave22
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,716 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 06, 2010 00:20 |  #19

You're welcome. I just hope it comes soon. I am running out of room in my normal bag.

Dave

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Mar 06, 2010 00:30 |  #20

They don't stock anything... they get your order and then take your money and go and purchase the item from somewhere else and then ship it to you. This is why their times vary so greatly. I think sometimes they are waiting for other orders, in order to buy the stuff needed for older orders. I think they are in a constant shell game with the cashflow and this accounts for a lot of the delays.

I've dealt with them a couple of times now... and I would say don't spend any more than you're willing to lose, and don't buy anything that you aren't willing to wait 6 weeks for.

If those two criteria are met, go for it.. they often have good prices on things.. you just have to wait forever for it.

lukeap69
Goldmember
1,206 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 06, 2010 01:56 |  #21

Muskydave22 wrote in post #9738731 (external link)
You're welcome. I just hope it comes soon. I am running out of room in my normal bag.

Dave

Soon is not in their vocabulary :)

Arnold
Gear

TSY87
637 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 06, 2010 02:48 |  #22

ive never had an item NOT show up... it just takes a while. If you buy from them, just forget about it. Makes for a pleasant surprise when it comes!

D700 Gripped, Nikkor 20 2.8D, Sigma 50 1.4, Rokinon 85 1.4, Nikkor 105 2.8 Micro VR, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR2, SB-900
Myflickr (external link)

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 06, 2010 07:07 |  #23

I've bought some stuff from them with no issue, it's slow but it arrives and if it's broken they'll replace it.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

GavinTing
142 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 06, 2010 07:23 |  #24

Slow service, but I would definitely sAy the quality is good, and you can trust they won't run of with your money

Ever so happy with my 1D classic

cpm440vee
38 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 06, 2010 07:28 |  #25

It's taken a whole month for some of my previous orders. I don't order anything expensive through them anymore. My new mentality with them is order and forget. When it does show up at my door, it's like a surprise.

(5Dc) + (70-200 f/4 L IS | 24-105 | 85 1.8 | 50 1.4 | 40 2.8 | 28 1.8)
(XTi) + (EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 15-85 | EF-S 18-55 IS)

SkedAddled
Goldmember
2,036 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 06, 2010 09:36 |  #26

Same experiences here. Orders have always arrived(6 or more), and some take longer than others.
I'm currently waiting for a wired shutter remote and macro extension tubes, from separate orders,
for a total of around US $16. Not much of a hit if they never arrive, but both orders show status
of having been actually shipped, and I expect to receive them eventually.

Craig5D4|50D|S3iS|AF:Σ10-20|Canon 28-135 USM IS|MF:Tamron SP 28-80|Tamron SP 60-300|Soligor 75-260|Soligor 400|Soligor C/D 500|Zuiko 50 f/1.8|others
Support this exceptional forum
Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 06, 2010 10:15 |  #27

I've ordered from them twice with no problems, but all I ordered (on both occasions) was some plastic AA battery cases. They were silly cheap at $2.44 a piece with free shipping. I knew going in that it may take awhile for them to arrive, so I was good with it. Both time it took a couple of weeks for them to get here, but they certainly did and I've been very pleased with the cases...and you can't beat the price.

Simply put, I would not hesitate to order cheap items from them, you just have to be extra patient knowing they will arrive in due time.

Bryan

My Gear List

photopat
569 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 06, 2010 13:28 |  #28

same here, I've been ordering with them for the last two years. Usually takes more than a month to get here, but never had an issue.

They are often a little bit cheaper that what I find on eBay (part of it due to free shipping), then when time is not important I'm ordering from them.

toys list

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 06, 2010 14:09 |  #29

I've bought several things from dealextreme.com - batteries, lens extension, etc. with no problems but the shipping was slow

funlovincamera
291 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 06, 2010 15:36 |  #30

scott0999 wrote in post #9737994 (external link)
:eek:

Yeah, the particular item that was never shipped was one of those clear ipod "skins" for about $3. Every time I contacted them I got some automated message that the order was with their supplier and that it would ship soon. Since the money was negligible I gave up after 2 or 3 months. It never shipped but on the 1 year anniversary, long after I had forgotten about it, I got an email saying that a refund was being issued. It was certainly bizarre.

XSi | 17-55mm 2.8 IS | 10-22mm | 85mm 1.8 | 430EX II | La Crosse BC-900 | eneloops | B+W Kaesemann F-PRO MRC CPL and UV | Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home | PacSafe CarrySafe 100 strap | Lowepro DMC-Z memory card wallet | (previously a 7D)

sponsored links

1,453 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shipping from Dealextreme.com
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.