Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 10 Mar 2010 (Wednesday) 18:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lowepro Runner 450 or Flipside 400/500

vitacura
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 10, 2010 18:50 |  #1

I am having a hard time finding the right Backpack for my gear. (Sub $200 and comfortable to wear) I do alot of traveling and would need the bag to fit with no problems either in the overhead bin of a standard MD80 or bigger aircraft, or under the seat. Most of the gear I will be lugging around:

Gripped 5D Mark II
Gripped Rebel
Sigma 150-500
Sigma 50mm
Canon 24-105
Canon 70-200 2.8
Canon 24-70
580EX II
And some chargers/cables/batter​ies etc.

Would be nice to also carry my laptop in this bag, but don't think the Flipside has the capability for that, so I can do without.
I don't want to have a bag that is too big for my gear or too small, and all the local stores I have been to don't carry these bags and it is hard to decide by looking at online pictures.

Any input would be appreciated.

Gear & Feedback

Dustman
824 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 13, 2010 17:58 |  #2

Hi, I was looking at the same exact 2 bags just a 2 weeks ago. Both are great bags!! Went to B&H and look at them both before purchasing. I went with the the pro runner over the flipside for 2 reasons, first it has AW cover to protect from water, sand or dust, and second it hold s a laptop. So if you don't need either of those 2 features, the flipside is a great bag too.

www.DustinLevine.com (external link)

BenJohnson
Goldmember
1,811 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 30, 2010 16:31 |  #3

Well, I ordered the Pro Runner 450 AW, and it just arrived today!

It is HUGE compared to the Flipside 400. More thoughts to come once I load it up :)

|Ben Johnson Photography (external link)|
|Gear List|

vitacura
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 30, 2010 17:16 |  #4

Looking forward to your review/pics BenJohnson.

Gear & Feedback

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,595 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lowepro Runner 450 or Flipside 400/500
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.