Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 13 Mar 2010 (Saturday) 13:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN strap - struggle installing it!

Guts311
522 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 13, 2010 13:12 |  #1

I'm sure there is a thread somewhere here about this, but I actually can't find one.

I'm having a hell of a time getting the two little loop straps through my 50D's strap hooks. ESPECIALLY the right side hook as it gives less room to work with due to that little lip above the hook.

Anyone have any advice or pics? I've tried flattening the two sides of one loop to try to fit through the hook and no luck. I've also tried flattening it out without double up the strap but also no fit (I think that was understandable lol).

Anyone? I can't believe there aren't a million threads about this...it seems near impossible to me to get them through (esp. right side).
And this doesn't help much lol http://www.procamerage​ar.com/pics/loop.gif (external link)

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 13, 2010 13:28 |  #2

Just use a pair of tweezers and gently pull it through...

Bryan

My Gear List

Guts311
THREAD ­ STARTER
522 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 13, 2010 13:34 |  #3

Wow got it...the only possible way to get it through the loop around that lip on the right-side strap (near the memory card door), was to wrap a piece of scotch tape around the loop and pull it through using the tape. Then I had to use tweezers/my teeth to pull the tape/loop through. Otherwise there was no way to get the thick loops through that hook. Phew!

Guts311
THREAD ­ STARTER
522 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 13, 2010 13:46 |  #4

See, check out how little room you have to initially stick the loop through the top side..crazy! So hard to get it to go down and then turn to the side into the hook!
Hopefully the tape thing can give someone else an idea someday if they have trouble.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com/albums/v490/Guts3​11/strap.jpg (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,052 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN strap - struggle installing it!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.