Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 14 Mar 2010 (Sunday) 22:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Golden Retriever Agility Training

bwhip
636 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 14, 2010 22:11 |  #1

My wife took a couple of our Goldens out for some agility training today, so I decided to tag along to do some testing with the 1D Mark IV, and my freshly recalibrated 70-200 f/2.8 IS. I was really pleased with how well the Mark IV's AF tracked the dogs through the weave poles.

IMAGE: http://www.latebraker.com/galleries/BlogPhotos/Agility/Groovy/Agility_0081.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.latebraker.com/galleries/BlogPhotos/Agility/Joy/Agility_0128.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.latebraker.com/galleries/BlogPhotos/Agility/Joy/Agility_0150.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.latebraker.com/galleries/BlogPhotos/Agility/Joy/Agility_0308.jpg

bwhip's blog (external link)

sponsored links
scpictaker
Goldmember
1,385 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 14, 2010 22:20 |  #2

Cool pics. Wonder if my goldens could do that?

My Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D MKIII l 7D MKII l 24-105L l 16-35 L II l Sigma 50 1.4 ART l 70-200 2.8 L II l 24-70L l EOS M l 2X III l Rok 14mm

Tortie
808 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 15, 2010 14:56 |  #3

Well done, you nailed the focus. My favorite would either have to be the first or the last (if only that tail hadn't been cut off, hehe) in the series.

Nikon D5600 | Σ 18-300 + 30 1.4 + 135 1.8 ART + 150 2.8 Macro + 150-600 C

Justiss
Goldmember
1,083 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 15, 2010 19:52 |  #4

Great set! :)

Beautiful dog :D

Kathryn

Flickr (external link) Website (external link)

vitacura
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 16, 2010 21:09 |  #5

Very nice!

Gear & Feedback

PhotogWannabe
358 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2006

Mar 17, 2010 22:22 |  #6

Very nice! I used to take our Golden to agility when he was younger. He really had the golden attitude, though. He did it completely for the treats and wasn't worried about times at all!

jackerson
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 18, 2010 18:43 as a reply to  @ PhotogWannabe's post |  #7

scpictaker -Sure, your goldens can do that! But it takes lots of practice. We have three of them, although the youngest is just starting. My challenge is running the dogs and also trying to take pictures at the trials. So I end up with plenty of pictures of our friends dogs, but none of ours!

From a photography perspective, lots of the trials have moved indoors, where lighting and noise are real challenges.

JA
Canon EOS 30D, Canon 70-200/f2.8L, Tamron 17-50/f2.8, Tamron 200-400/f4.5
Canon G2
Minolta Maxxum

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 19, 2010 11:14 as a reply to  @ jackerson's post |  #8

Nicely captured! Love agility dogs.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

MrNewit
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 20, 2010 19:59 |  #9

Wow. Those are wonderful pics.

The MrNewit Website (external link)

sponsored links

4,141 views & 0 likes for this thread
Golden Retriever Agility Training
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.