Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 25 Mar 2010 (Thursday) 19:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I am ( hoping Canon CPS has fixed my ) 7D's issues!!

PixxByTango
THREAD ­ STARTER
166 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 05, 2010 00:56 as a reply to  @ post 9933920 |  #451

Keith, First off... I NEVER had clear results shooting in AI Servo before sending it in for service. I TRIED to get a clean shot in AI Servo because everyone said its the only way to shoot action... so I obliged and tried it. My results were ONLY MARGINALLY better using AI Focus in medium resolution. I still was only getting "lucky" with the shots. There were still a VAST majority of shots all with halos, nothing in the picture in focus and nothing was clear, sharp and nice looking at 100% crop.

Now... you want to rant again its User error. Seriously dude, the song is old, buy a new radio.

The Sharpness setting before I sent it in only produced MORE NOISE which is what I was trying to reduce. Remember those photos?? Hello? MCFly? I reduced the Sharpness just as an attempt to find out WHY the pics were so noisy as another suggestion from someone WHO ACTUALLY OWNS A 7D... and has produced great results suggested.

SO... Now I have the camera back, have shot with it for three days and thrilled with the results.

The 70-200 F2.8 Lens was NEVER PART of the equation with this body because I had already sent it back to Mack before taking delivery of the second 7D. The lenses that I made the comparison were used on another body at the SAME TIME as I was shooting with this 7D and producing perfect results on my 40D and junk with my 7D. So... saying my USM failure was related is another show that you are not following the thread all the way.

I cannot convey all the info I discussed with CPS but in all our conversations we covered a lot of material regarding the 7D, 1DmkIV & 1DsMkIII experiences and how the adjustments relate to my issue.

I can say my captures today are above expectation and the ones that do suck are because I missed the shot or my technique caught me trippin.

Caught the GF slackin after riding today.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

I love this shot... You can almost read the caution labels on the swingarm!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

This is the 100% crop from the original image since it was so far away. THis is the new BMW liter bike in new race plastics. Definitely MUCH better than my previous 100% crops and certainly not something that was gained by adding a little Sharpening and Contrast.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Another 100% crop.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

User error... Yeah, I USED to think everyone here with a High Post count knew what they were talking about.

Finally... the bridge between Racers and Photographers!
Check us out at:
http://www.raceshotsre​source.com (external link)

Just call me Alice...
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=-FucbvoFFy0 (external link)

sponsored links
PixxByTango
THREAD ­ STARTER
166 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 05, 2010 01:05 as a reply to  @ PixxByTango's post |  #452

Moderator: I believe this thread has run its course and I am satisfied from the service I received from those who have positively contributed to this thread, CPS and lessons learned.

Please lock this thread and lets all move right along to the next subject. Thanks to all who helped!

And yes, you can change the title of the thread to reflect that CPS has resolved my issues.

Check us out at:

Just call me Alice...

quattroatl
382 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 05, 2010 01:11 |  #453

PixxByTango wrote in post #9934514 (external link)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

User error... Yeah, I USED to think everyone here with a High Post count knew what they were talking about.

PixxByTango wrote in post #9934534 (external link)
Moderator: I believe this thread has run its course and I am satisfied from the service I received from those who have positively contributed to this thread, CPS and lessons learned.

Please lock this thread and lets all move right along to the next subject. Thanks to all who helped!

And yes, you can change the title of the thread to reflect that CPS has resolved my issues.

User error or not, that picture is hot and should end this thread as Tango requested.

5DII | 7D | 40D | 17-40 f/4L | 50 f/1.8 mk1 | 85 f/1.8 | 70-200 f/4L IS |100 f/2.8L IS Macro | 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS | Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 | 580EX II

Rmitchell248
368 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 05, 2010 02:11 |  #454

There are several guys with high post counts that certainly know their stuff but then you get a few of them that get above 2k and think their pretty hot stuff. Sad thing is that it all ends for them when they get off the internet.

Me, I dont know what I am talking about on the internet and you can tell because I don't have many posts.

hania
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 05, 2010 05:21 |  #455

Waldemar Sikorski wrote in post #9921246 (external link)
Hania as in Hanna?

First and last shot EXIF:

QUOTED IMAGE
QUOTED IMAGE

no - Hania (I'm Polish and always called Hania even though I was Christened Anna...don't know why.....)

I shall have a look at mine again - maybe shutter speed was too low and I'm not sure about the focusing of my 70-200 2.8 - didn't have time to micro adjust before we left for NZ!

Gear List

Simon ­ Harrison
"Bag Snapper"
3,053 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 05, 2010 06:57 |  #456

Tango,

Before this thread potentially does get locked, let me just say that I am very pleased that you have managed to get your 7D sorted out. In the scheme of things, it's irrelevant how it was sorted out. What is important is that you now have a camera that you can achieve the results you want with.

Some of the stuff on your website and in this thread that you have posted is very impressive. I hope you will continue to post examples of your work over in the motorsport and transportation share forums here on POTN.

Cheers,

Simon.

Simon

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/srhmoto/ (external link)

Puttzo
63 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 05, 2010 06:58 |  #457

quattroatl wrote in post #9934566 (external link)
User error or not, that picture is hot and should end this thread as Tango requested.

Awesome Shot Man I think your work is awesome! Road Atlanta Can anyone go here and get trackside with a camera? Looks like alot of Fun and one hell of a challange I live to far away to go much.

Gear:7D,5Dc,5DII,400 5.6L,300 4.0L IS,135 2.0L,100 macroL,85 1.8,17-40L,Nifty Fifty,1.4 tc II,580EX II,430IIEX
http://alonso54.zenfol​io.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/alonso54 (external link)

gabebalazs
Bird Whisperer
7,640 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 05, 2010 08:07 |  #458

Keith, First off... I NEVER had clear results shooting in AI Servo before sending it in for service. I TRIED to get a clean shot in AI Servo because everyone said its the only way to shoot action... so I obliged and tried it. My results were ONLY MARGINALLY better using AI Focus in medium resolution. I still was only getting "lucky" with the shots. There were still a VAST majority of shots all with halos, nothing in the picture in focus and nothing was clear, sharp and nice looking at 100% crop.

Now... you want to rant again its User error. Seriously dude, the song is old, buy a new radio.

The Sharpness setting before I sent it in only produced MORE NOISE which is what I was trying to reduce. Remember those photos?? Hello? MCFly? I reduced the Sharpness just as an attempt to find out WHY the pics were so noisy as another suggestion from someone WHO ACTUALLY OWNS A 7D... and has produced great results suggested.

SO... Now I have the camera back, have shot with it for three days and thrilled with the results.

The 70-200 F2.8 Lens was NEVER PART of the equation with this body because I had already sent it back to Mack before taking delivery of the second 7D. The lenses that I made the comparison were used on another body at the SAME TIME as I was shooting with this 7D and producing perfect results on my 40D and junk with my 7D. So... saying my USM failure was related is another show that you are not following the thread all the way.

I cannot convey all the info I discussed with CPS but in all our conversations we covered a lot of material regarding the 7D, 1DmkIV & 1DsMkIII experiences and how the adjustments relate to my issue.

I can say my captures today are above expectation and the ones that do suck are because I missed the shot or my technique caught me trippin.

Caught the GF slackin after riding today.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

I love this shot... You can almost read the caution labels on the swingarm!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

This is the 100% crop from the original image since it was so far away. THis is the new BMW liter bike in new race plastics. Definitely MUCH better than my previous 100% crops and certainly not something that was gained by adding a little Sharpening and Contrast.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Another 100% crop.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Great pics.

I just have one question though. This is just out of curiosity. Are these last 2 real true 100% crops form the 18mp full resolution mode? Or are these from medium RAW shots? I would assume these are 100% crops from mRAW images.

Could you post the whole frame too before cropping? Just wondering.

SONY A7RIII | SONY A7III | SONY RX10 IV | SONY RX100 | 24-70 2.8 GM | 70-200 2.8 GM | 16-35 F/4 | PZ 18-105 F/4 | FE 85 1.8 | FE 28-70 | SIGMA 35 1.4 ART | SIGMA 150-600 C | ROKINON 14 2.8
Gabe Balazs Photo (external link)
Nature Shots Portfolio (external link)

00silvergt
"some dorky title"
3,309 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 05, 2010 11:53 |  #459

hania wrote in post #9935107 (external link)
no - Hania (I'm Polish and always called Hania even though I was Christened Anna...don't know why.....)

I shall have a look at mine again - maybe shutter speed was too low and I'm not sure about the focusing of my 70-200 2.8 - didn't have time to micro adjust before we left for NZ!

Just wanted to answer the OT question, you were most likely christened "Anna", because the church used to be really particular about christening children that were not named after a saint, so during baptism, the priest would rename you to a more "christian" name. ;)

"Ne nuntium necare"
"We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our traditions from
the spirits of our ancestors. You have our gratitude."
https://photography-on-the.net …rgt/newlogo.jpg​%5B/IMG%5D

Waldemar ­ Sikorski
Goldmember
2,746 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 05, 2010 12:28 |  #460

Tango, really glad to see that your 7D is finally performing as it should.
Hania, go figure. My cousin is Joanna but she was always Ania and never Asia. My first and last name tells you of my Nationality.
If you photograph birds as well visit the bird section.

Val.
http://picasaweb.googl​e.com/sikorskienator (external link)
Picasa albums organized by bird species. (external link)
7D gripped, 40D gripped....100-400L Yes, it's taken with the Sigma 150-500.

PixxByTango
THREAD ­ STARTER
166 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 05, 2010 12:33 |  #461

Puttzo wrote in post #9935390 (external link)
Awesome Shot Man I think your work is awesome! Road Atlanta Can anyone go here and get trackside with a camera? Looks like alot of Fun and one hell of a challange I live to far away to go much.

Not in the areas I have access to. You have to be credentialed by the track or by the org renting the track at that time. AND... dependant completely upon how safe the corner workers feel you are being. You could be credentialed by God but if Race Control wants to yank your Lanyard they will not hesitate to do so!

SIMON! Huge thanks to your posts. It was your settings that confirmed I was looking in the right direction. Thanks so much for your contributions!

Gabe... those were 100% crops from the mRaw then sharpened up in PS CS3 with a little enhancement for Highlight/Lowlight. Still came out great but I stopped shooting MRaw by mid morning after checking my images and went to Raw with the same phenominal results. I shot the GF in RAW... well, she did have undies on. Race control was making comments over the loudspeaker while we took those shots as we were in their clear view and distracting them while riders were on the track. They were not particularly happy of her peeling off her UnderArmor shirt right there on the grid to take the shot! LOL!!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Check us out at:

Just call me Alice...

00silvergt
"some dorky title"
3,309 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 05, 2010 12:37 |  #462

jeebus Tango, you need to post pics of her in the GF section in Glam! Whoohoo! ;)

"Ne nuntium necare"
"We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our traditions from
the spirits of our ancestors. You have our gratitude."
https://photography-on-the.net …rgt/newlogo.jpg​%5B/IMG%5D

gabebalazs
Bird Whisperer
7,640 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 05, 2010 12:44 |  #463

PixxByTango wrote in post #9937047 (external link)
Not in the areas I have access to. You have to be credentialed by the track or by the org renting the track at that time. AND... dependant completely upon how safe the corner workers feel you are being. You could be credentialed by God but if Race Control wants to yank your Lanyard they will not hesitate to do so!

SIMON! Huge thanks to your posts. It was your settings that confirmed I was looking in the right direction. Thanks so much for your contributions!

Gabe... those were 100% crops from the mRaw then sharpened up in PS CS3 with a little enhancement for Highlight/Lowlight. Still came out great but I stopped shooting MRaw by mid morning after checking my images and went to Raw with the same phenominal results. I shot the GF in RAW... well, she did have undies on. Race control was making comments over the loudspeaker while we took those shots as we were in their clear view and distracting them while riders were on the track. They were not particularly happy of her peeling off her UnderArmor shirt right there on the grid to take the shot! LOL!!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Tango, thanks for clarifying it for me.
And yes, I totally understand Race Control's concerns :)

SONY A7RIII | SONY A7III | SONY RX10 IV | SONY RX100 | 24-70 2.8 GM | 70-200 2.8 GM | 16-35 F/4 | PZ 18-105 F/4 | FE 85 1.8 | FE 28-70 | SIGMA 35 1.4 ART | SIGMA 150-600 C | ROKINON 14 2.8
Gabe Balazs Photo (external link)
Nature Shots Portfolio (external link)

Puttzo
63 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 05, 2010 13:58 as a reply to  @ PixxByTango's post |  #464

Hey I Understand Had To Ask! We all have moments we get frustrated with any thing we do and You handled it well Keep up the great work?? Thanks

Gear:7D,5Dc,5DII,400 5.6L,300 4.0L IS,135 2.0L,100 macroL,85 1.8,17-40L,Nifty Fifty,1.4 tc II,580EX II,430IIEX
http://alonso54.zenfol​io.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/alonso54 (external link)

carshop
Goldmember
1,846 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 10, 2010 05:37 |  #465

Simon Harrison wrote in post #9935385 (external link)
Tango,

Before this thread potentially does get locked, let me just say that I am very pleased that you have managed to get your 7D sorted out. In the scheme of things, it's irrelevant how it was sorted out. What is important is that you now have a camera that you can achieve the results you want with.

Some of the stuff on your website and in this thread that you have posted is very impressive. I hope you will continue to post examples of your work over in the motorsport and transportation share forums here on POTN.

Cheers,

Simon.

Spoken like a true gentleman.
I always look forward to your posts, Simon.
And thanks for the settings, will give them a try.

Tango, I have a 7D, and have sent it back too.
Good luck, and great shots.

ShawnSmugmug (external link)/Flickr (external link)/LikeMyFacebook (external link)
Canon 70D Gripped|
Canon 70-200 2.8 IS|Canon 24-105|Canon 18-135
Canon 580 EX II|Sigma 18-50 2.8
Canon 55-250|Sigma 17-35 2.8| 2 Pocket Wizard II

sponsored links

64,812 views & 0 likes for this thread
I am ( hoping Canon CPS has fixed my ) 7D's issues!!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.