Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 07 Apr 2010 (Wednesday) 22:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Carrying the Gitz 3531/M20...

Michael15
399 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 07, 2010 22:49 |  #1

I just purchased a 3531S and a Markins M20 head. The combo is very sturdy and I can't wait to get it out and give it a try soon. I currently carry a lot of my gear in a Tamrac Exp 7....300 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 and 17-40. My body is about to be a new to me Mk III!! My question is:

How do most folks carry this type of tripod/head combo? I can tie it on the back of the Exp 7 but it really sticks out over the top of my head and obviously the backpack. Any feedback(pics) would be appreciated. Thanks!!

My Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 07, 2010 23:11 |  #2

Michael15 wrote in post #9954221 (external link)
I just purchased a 3531S and a Markins M20 head. The combo is very sturdy and I can't wait to get it out and give it a try soon. I currently carry a lot of my gear in a Tamrac Exp 7....300 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 and 17-40. My body is about to be a new to me Mk III!! My question is:

How do most folks carry this type of tripod/head combo? I can tie it on the back of the Exp 7 but it really sticks out over the top of my head and obviously the backpack. Any feedback(pics) would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I have the Expedition 8 and I usually stick the tripod on the side of the bag.

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 07, 2010 23:31 |  #3

Depends how far I'm going. Side of my multi-day pack, over the shoulder, tripod holder on my Vertex 200, etc. Try what's comfortable and works for you – you'll love that combo though!

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |
Marketplace Feedback: Link
www.sheawyatt.ca (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Apr 07, 2010 23:40 |  #4

I got some pads for my sticks, which makes carrying the setup over my should pretty nice.

I often leave the camera attached and just hoist the whole thing over one shoulder, especially if I'm moving around a particular spot a lot.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
42,101 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 09, 2010 14:13 |  #5

Shoulder strap!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

jcothron
Goldmember
3,744 posts
Gallery: 396 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 09, 2010 17:35 |  #6

I have the G1325, which is the older version of the 3531 I believe. Technically I believe it's actually bigger (larger diameter legs). I carry it on the side of my pack, or use a tripod shoulder strap if I'm carrying a shoulder bag. I also have leg covers on it so many times you will find it over my shoulder with camera attached.

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

stickshift
533 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 09, 2010 17:39 as a reply to  @ jcothron's post |  #7

I have a Tamrac tripod bag with a shoulder strap. I wear it over my shoulder (a la messenger bag style) even when wearing a backpack.

7D, 5D mark II
17-40, 24-70 II, 70-200 f/4 IS, Zeiss 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 400/5.6

sponsored links

978 views & 0 likes for this thread
Carrying the Gitz 3531/M20...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.