Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
Thread started 09 Apr 2010 (Friday) 14:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Would someone please give C&C

ukcyberboy
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 09, 2010 14:32 |  #1

Hi
First thanks for looking and taking the time.

I posted in another group about taking more pictures and was advised to shoot more. I took the opportunity to take a few from a window to try be level,
I am looking for C&C even help with photoshop.

Pic details are:-
RAW with S Jpeg,M setting,AV 10, tv1/1600, ISO 800, AWB, 259mm with sig cam and lens. Partial metering.

I seem to not be able to get a sharp image.

I would love to master this camera.

HOSTED PHOTO DISPLAY FAILED: ATTACH id 442033 does not exist. ]

Thanks for looking.

Body | Canon 6D |
Lens | Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 |
Lens | Canon 28-70 2.8 L |
Lens | Canon 70-200is F4 L |
Lighting | Yongnuo YN600RX |
Accessories | Various Bits |​

artyman
Sleepless in Hampshire
14,402 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 09, 2010 16:54 |  #2

Was this shot with the Tamron, if so why waste some of the focal length, you need to crop in more closely. Was this froma fullsize image, again if not why waste capability. Exposure looks OK, I can see what looks like dust spots so a sensor clean may also be in order. With a stationary bird you could drop to 1/800 and reduce the ISO to 400 as well to improve quality.

Art that takes you there. http://www.artyman.co.​uk (external link)
Ken
Canon 7D, 350D, 15-85, 18-55, 75-300, Cosina 100 Macro, Sigma 120-300

Oldjackssparrows
Jeeeez, incredible comments!
13,449 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 09, 2010 17:01 |  #3

well i will give it my best, first I shoot only in raw, much more options available in processing your shot! I'm not quite familiar with your setting terms I guess AV is your aperture, open it up to reduce your iso setting as low as you can get, if you set it at f5-6 numbers you can reduce your iso and still keep the 1600 speed. As far as your focus, it is a bit soft on the dove but you have so many cedar branches around the bird it is distracting from your subject and make AF harder to get great focus on the bird. Also, put up some perches, feeders near your perches ( i go out in to the woods, find a pretty branch, dig a hole and wait), they like to land on the perches and survey the situation. Last but not least, Although times are tough, I would upgrade the 20d to a 50d, a fine camera and if you get addicted like me buy some longer glass, Canon L is the best there is. But the other group is right, shoot lots of shots and critique them your self, practice will make you better.
Welcome to the forum, lets see some more of your shots!

1DX, 400/f2.8 and other Canon gear
The shadow of a feather is one of the goals

ukcyberboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 09, 2010 17:55 as a reply to  @ Oldjackssparrows's post |  #4

Thank you for your C&C.

Yes Ken, It was with the Tamron, I was told that it may not give best results on full focal, it does have macro, would you suggest using it. When they get me up in the morning I will try what you said and will try the reduced settings. Camera was bought to get into photography again, I never thought about the sensor until I took a picture at f22, saw the marks, would you recommend self cleaning or professional?
It is uncropped and full size.

Thanks BGraphy, I opted for the 20d as I could afford this to try, my kids were the ones I bought it for so they could do their school work. I wanted to see how good it
is, just not able to get it sharp enough. I hope to catch the mallards that live behind on the river. I will try f5.6 too.
Here is another little fellow that started it.

Just a note the histograph is blown out in section 4.

RAW with S JPeg,M setting,Aperture f10, tv1/1600, ISO 800, AWB, 259mm with sig cam and lens. Partial metering.

HOSTED PHOTO DISPLAY FAILED: ATTACH id 442099 does not exist. ]

Body | Canon 6D |
Lens | Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 |
Lens | Canon 28-70 2.8 L |
Lens | Canon 70-200is F4 L |
Lighting | Yongnuo YN600RX |
Accessories | Various Bits |​

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

992 views & 0 likes for this thread
Would someone please give C&C
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.