Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 12 Apr 2010 (Monday) 15:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best deal on a 5D Mark II

crcal
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 12, 2010 15:13 |  #1

Hi everyone, would eBay (using Bing Cashback) be the cheapest place to purchase a 5D II?

Calvin
Converted to Sony A7 and love it | Gear & Feedback

sponsored links
Optiq
412 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 12, 2010 16:21 |  #2

It could be. I take it you're already using bing for the search. Somewhere there is a thread with reputable ebay sellers, I would stick with those. Of course the bing search could yield a better deal but WATCH OUT for the scam stores. They're usually the ones with the unbelievable prices.

My small but growing -=Flickr page=- (external link)

Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 13, 2010 09:30 |  #3

I find that most of the time, Adorama or Beach Camera have listings for lenses I may buy, so you still buy from a reputable dealer, just with 8% cashback (+2% ebay bucks if you signed up for it)... 10% savings is great!

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

crcal
THREAD ­ STARTER
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 13, 2010 12:16 as a reply to  @ Invertalon's post |  #4

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go with pmidigital. I'd go with hotdigital but they charge $50 shipping to Hawaii.

Calvin

carnifex123
44 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 13, 2010 14:40 as a reply to  @ crcal's post |  #5

I bought a 70-200 2.8 IS and a 24-70 2.8 from pmdigital. Very good experience with them. I will also be in the market for a 5DII soon and will definitely check them out.

Canon 5D mkiii, Canon 5D mkii, EF 70-200L 2.8 IS, EF 24-70L 2.8, EF 24-105L 4.0 IS, EF 16-35L 2.8 II, EF 135L, EF 85 1.8, EF 50 1.4, EF 1.4 Ext, Lensbaby Composer Pro, 580 EXII, Bowens Gemini 400-RX x 2

iwasinvertedx
718 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 13, 2010 18:07 |  #6

I'm actually looking for one myself.I'm likely going to buy from imaging world or pmidigital. I've heard good things about both

Portfolio (external link)

pakololo
640 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 13, 2010 18:55 |  #7

Hey guys, this is dangerous territory for me because i'm looking for a deal on a 5D. Does bing give you 8% cash back? Anyone got links on how it works?

ModelMayhem (external link) | [SIZE=1]

crcal
THREAD ­ STARTER
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 13, 2010 19:33 |  #8

pakololo wrote in post #9989438 (external link)
Hey guys, this is dangerous territory for me because i'm looking for a deal on a 5D. Does bing give you 8% cash back? Anyone got links on how it works?

Sorry at the moment I can't spend much time explaining it to you, I just wanted to say "haha" to your screen name.

haha.

Calvin

ugly_a
406 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 13, 2010 19:53 |  #9

iwasinvertedx wrote in post #9989151 (external link)
I'm actually looking for one myself.I'm likely going to buy from imaging world or pmidigital. I've heard good things about both

Let us know how imaging world goes - their bing cashback seems good.

Gear-lust-free since yesterday.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 13, 2010 19:55 |  #10

I prefer Adorama for eBay/Bing situations. PMI and Beach are reputable but they don't ship as fast as Adorama has for me. I bought a 50L PMI had on eBay only to find out they didn't have it in stock. Beach had one (called to confirm) and pulled the trigger Wednesday morning. They didn't ship it until Monday after failing to ship on Thursday and Friday (two "we're sorry but our warehouse is backlogged" calls).

Flickr (external link)

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 13, 2010 19:56 |  #11

ugly_a wrote in post #9989803 (external link)
Let us know how imaging world goes - their bing cashback seems good.

I should have added TIW, I bought a 1.4x from them a few weeks ago and they shipped right away. That was the second good experience I've had with them.

Flickr (external link)

pakololo
640 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 13, 2010 20:02 |  #12

crcal wrote in post #9989700 (external link)
Sorry at the moment I can't spend much time explaining it to you, I just wanted to say "haha" to your screen name.

haha.

haha no worries, everyone says that... at least everyone from hawaii. When i was there, and people asked what my name was. They were very friendly ;)

I just did the research and signed up, going to see whats up with this deal... butterfly photo has it for $2369, free shipping no tax...

ModelMayhem (external link) | [SIZE=1]

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 13, 2010 20:12 |  #13

Here you go, about $2090 after Bing. This is the seller I mentioned in my last post and they are an authorized dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.com …meras?hash=item​335c249329 (external link)

Flickr (external link)

iwasinvertedx
718 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 13, 2010 21:24 |  #14

K6AZ wrote in post #9989899 (external link)
Here you go, about $2090 after Bing. This is the seller I mentioned in my last post and they are an authorized dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.com …meras?hash=item​335c249329 (external link)

i've been dying to pull the trigger on this.
but i've got to wait til after finals so i dont distract myself from studying with the camera. haha

Portfolio (external link)

crcal
THREAD ­ STARTER
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 13, 2010 22:49 |  #15

pakololo wrote in post #9989850 (external link)
haha no worries, everyone says that... at least everyone from hawaii. When i was there, and people asked what my name was. They were very friendly ;)

I just did the research and signed up, going to see whats up with this deal... butterfly photo has it for $2369, free shipping no tax...

Wait a minute, that's your real name? No wonder you spelled it differently.

Calvin

sponsored links

1,126 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best deal on a 5D Mark II
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.