Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 18 Apr 2010 (Sunday) 22:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 50D -manual mode- aperture won't adjust

BigBlueDodge
Goldmember
3,726 posts
Joined May 2005

Apr 19, 2010 14:49 |  #16

mabviper wrote in post #10025089 (external link)
...does it matter?

Uhm.... yeah! Do you think posters should continue to ask a question after it's been repeatedly been answered in the same thread? I don't.

David (aka BigBlueDodge)
Gear

sponsored links
That_Fox
"In the Witless Protection Program"
1,386 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 19, 2010 14:53 |  #17

tiger roach wrote in post #10023046 (external link)
I could live without that two-position ON switch to be honest.

Yeah, the change made with the 7D on switch and dedicated wheel lock switch made it a much better design.

BigBlueDodge wrote in post #10025212 (external link)
Uhm.... yeah! Do you think posters should continue to ask a question after it's been repeatedly been answered in the same thread? I don't.

They created another thread and it was merged into this one. Dunno why they created another thread, though.

Apparently I've been dubbed Foxy.
Alamy (external link), website (external link) and gear

440roadrunner
Goldmember
1,312 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 19, 2010 14:53 |  #18
bannedPermanent ban

mabviper wrote in post #10025089 (external link)
...does it matter?

YES

Doesn't anybody know what RTFM means?

http://radio-weblogs.com …/Q209354%20-%20HOWTO.html (external link)

2-40D's, 30D, Xt, EOS-3, Elan7, ElanII 100-400L, 24-105L, 17-55IS 2.8, Sig 12-24 EX DG 4.5
Mamiya M645 1000S, 45mm 2.8, 80mm 1.9, 110mm 2.8 + 2x extender

mabviper
54 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 19, 2010 15:44 |  #19

Geez.

All I'm saying is that if a person needs help and you want to help, then help.
If you don't want to help, then don't. It's unnecessary to point out that it's been answered already so no need to answer anymore etc. Who knows? Maybe he missed the first few threads or 2 threads merged into 1.

And 440roadrunner, anybody can RTFM. That doesn't mean you can't miss a thing or 2. I would personally find it insulting if somebody told me to RTFM. It's the F that throws me off.

I'm gonna stop trolling. I do have a report to finish. Some of you guys should do it too.

7D | 15-85mm IS | 30mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 580EX II | 430EX II | YN-560

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 19, 2010 16:00 |  #20

mabviper wrote in post #10025548 (external link)
Geez.

All I'm saying is that if a person needs help and you want to help, then help.
If you don't want to help, then don't. It's unnecessary to point out that it's been answered already so no need to answer anymore etc. Who knows? Maybe he missed the first few threads or 2 threads merged into 1.

And 440roadrunner, anybody can RTFM. That doesn't mean you can't miss a thing or 2. I would personally find it insulting if somebody told me to RTFM. It's the F that throws me off.

I'm gonna stop trolling. I do have a report to finish. Some of you guys should do it too.

What? You don't like "free"?;):)

My Gear

Veemac
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 19, 2010 16:11 |  #21

BigBlueDodge wrote in post #10025062 (external link)
Is it just me, or did the OP completely ignore the first two responses and just ask the same questio again, after he was already how to fix it? The first two responses with the correct answer were made pretty much right after he made the original post. Then, 9 hours later, after the first two posts he asks the same question again (ignoring the first couple of responses). Then 3 more people tell him the same thing that the first to responses told him, and THEN he gets it.

When I read it, I was guessing that he had cross-posted the same question in another sub-forum and the mods had consolidated the threads.

Mac
-Stuff I Use-

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 19, 2010 16:26 |  #22

My 1D Mark II had a dedicated wheel switch but on my 1D Mark III both functions are combined on one switch.

That_Fox wrote in post #10025233 (external link)
Yeah, the change made with the 7D on switch and dedicated wheel lock switch made it a much better design.

Gear List

That_Fox
"In the Witless Protection Program"
1,386 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 19, 2010 16:34 |  #23

PixelMagic wrote in post #10025812 (external link)
My 1D Mark II had a dedicated wheel switch but on my 1D Mark III both functions are combined on one switch.

Which of the two do you prefer?

Apparently I've been dubbed Foxy.
Alamy (external link), website (external link) and gear

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 19, 2010 18:05 |  #24

The Mark III. The early 1D series cameras required two hands for most operations but with the Mark III most things can now be done just by pressing one button.

That_Fox wrote in post #10025864 (external link)
Which of the two do you prefer?

Gear List

CyberKat
36 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 02, 2011 08:45 |  #25

I am sorry for bumping this thread up but I have the same problem and I was searching the forum, and just found this thread today. I read the camera manual, and I found the explanation regarding the ON switch, like it is said in this tread and I did tried that way, to put the ON switch all the way up but it still won´t change. I tried both positions middle one, and upper one, just to make sure I was not doing something wrong, and still aperture doesn´t change when I turn the wheel in manual mode. It is locked on f 7.1.

I tried to ask a friend who uses 7D how to change it on my 50D, and he told me the same thing, to put the switch up and than turn the wheel, and I gave him my camera so he can do it himself, and he could not change it either, so he just shrugged and returned me my camera. I am really clueless of what else to try????

edit: just to add that my custom settings C.Fn IV-1 - are set to 3 (AE lock/metering + AF start)... I have no idea if it has anything to do with this confusion, but I thought to mention just in case *shrug*

edit 2 : I found the solution. Someone on the other message board suggested that I clear all custom functions, and after I did that all works normal again! :)

sponsored links

10,414 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 50D -manual mode- aperture won't adjust
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.