Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
Thread started 20 Apr 2010 (Tuesday) 10:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

SD790 memory card error-HELP

Maddog12
581 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: Not the end of the world but I can see it from here

Apr 20, 2010 10:47 |  #1

My wife's Canon Powershot SD 790 IS is displaying a "no memory card" message when the camera is turned on.

There is a memory card in the slot. I have even tried a different memory card and same issue. When I put the memory card into a card reader all of the pics are there, etc.

I believe it has something to do with the camera not reading/recognizing the card. Just wondering if anyone knows of this issue or has any suggestions.

I believe I will have to get it repaired.

Thank you!

40d |Xti w/Grip | Canon 70-200 f/4 L IS | Canon EF 35-80mm | Canon EFS 18-55 (Kit Lens) | Nifty Fifty |Tamron 28-75 | Alien Bee 400 | Super Sigma Flash | Light tent, backdrops, tripods, reflectors, meter, etc.

hnikesch
Goldmember
1,133 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 20, 2010 19:09 |  #2

my SD900 has a small switch to detect the card. it is tripped by the card on the oppsite side of the card lock, you may try to force the card into this direction with a paper shim, might work

Hans

Hans
It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Canon S100 w/CHDK, SD990 w/CHDK, SD900 w/CHDK, Pentax K30, & Kr, Pentax Q7 Flickr: (external link)

beachbum2277
Goldmember
1,074 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 26, 2014 09:48 |  #3

maddog, did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same problem with my SD990.

Bryan Docter Fine Art Photography - www.bd-photos.com (external link)

My Gear

OldCrow
Cream of the Crop
5,253 posts
Gallery: 216 photos
Joined Mar 2013

Jun 26, 2014 16:28 |  #4

If you have a card reader you can check the card out on your computer/tablet to see if the card is defective. If not then it could be a camera problem./

Don
---------------
Canon SX50; Pentax K-5, K30, K100D; Fuji S2950

beachbum2277
Goldmember
1,074 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 27, 2014 07:48 |  #5

It's not the card. Tried 10 different cards that all work in other machines and cameras.

Bryan Docter Fine Art Photography - www.bd-photos.com (external link)

My Gear

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,154 views & 0 likes for this thread
SD790 memory card error-HELP
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.