Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 25 Apr 2010 (Sunday) 15:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

[REVIEW] ThinkTank Streetwalker (lots of pics)

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 05, 2010 09:09 |  #31

Travelller wrote in post #10124614 (external link)
1. Ditto for Simon's review :cool:
2. Funny, I was also looking for the same thing*, only I don't need room for a 17", just a 13" (+sleeve, which amounts to a small 15"). That's why I opted for the 3N1-33, but I have to say that I am rather dissapointed with it. At that size, it's no longer a 3N1 it's a 1N1 and it will certainly not be the best "classic" backpack out there... :confused: I could go on but seeing as this is a TT review, I kind of feel like I am threadjacking (sorry)... maybe you won't mind if I add my 2cents to your future 3N1 review - I'm not "seasoned" enough to write my own review ;)

*Just checked Delta's carry-on limits (seeing as they are now one bigbadass carrier...) their limit (external link) is 56x36x23 (22"x14"x9") which implies that at 46x32x24, my 3IN1-33 just makes it. Keep in mind that this is for a standard-sized plane (100 seats+); if you're taking a "hopper" (<80 seats) they will most likely force you to turn it over just before boarding the plane... :shock:

thanks travelller for that info... i'm still waiting for the 3n1 via snailmail... but i hope to get it soon...

as for my bag search... i was flying easyjet with a samsonite small roller... very small, even smaller than my shoulderbag i usually carry, in EU and they actually "forced" me to check it in as it is "too big"... i asked them to show me the size restrictions and whatnot as i checked that it fully cleared their check in luggage size thingy at check in... but they played the language card and i just gave up...

i had to take out my 17" lappy and luckily, i had my crumpler in there with my camera and so i checked in an empty bag at the boarding gate...

ridiculous... but oh well...

i think i'll avoid easyjet from now on...

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

sponsored links
Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 05, 2010 13:33 |  #32

KingHong, I never had any trouble with Easyjet when I flew with them on my trip to Tuscany last year!

You had me worried, mate, I've just had to go and check the carry on sizes to make sure my new Think Tank was allowed! I was sure I'd checked nearly everyones sizes before I bought the bag, but I've just had to have another look! LOL!

"passengers are permitted one standard piece of hand baggage to a volume limit of 56x45x25cm, including all wheels and handles"

"No weight restriction applies within reasonable limits"

I know a few photographers carry a print out of the standard restrictions in there bags for times like this!

Simon

Church Green Studios Website (external link)
Church Green Studios 500px (external link)
Church Green Studios Blog (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 05, 2010 13:49 |  #33

Simon,

i travel during fashion week and there are many buyers/exhibitors traveling from Milan to Paris when Milan Fashion week ends and Paris begins...

perhaps i had bad luck because i was sure that my slim samsonite roller was within limits... but it was a different story at the gate...

another reason i'm no longer flying easy jet is that they kill you if you are over the weight limit in the checked baggage... or if you happen to have another bag to ship...

i should actually take a copy of the restrictions in my bag as well..
thanks for the tip!

Albert

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

2jackedLUNGS
93 posts
Joined May 2010

May 05, 2010 15:48 as a reply to  @ post 10088137 |  #34

nice review. i was thinking about getting this bag. thanks.

Canon 50D | EF 35mm F/1.4L USM | EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM | 430EX II

Sniper258
133 posts
Joined Dec 2009

May 08, 2010 16:35 |  #35

I wounder if this bag takes a 70-200 mounted on camera with hood? Did you try this combo with the other stuff?

5d MK III | T1i Gripped
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 MK II | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40 F/4
430 EX II |600EX-RT
500PX (external link)
Flickr (external link)

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 08, 2010 16:48 |  #36

yes it does take the smaller rebel or even my 7D mounted with 70-200, hood reversed.

when using 7D, it bulges a bit on the top because it is curved down, but no problem fitting it.

Albert the Clumsy Ape

Sniper258
133 posts
Joined Dec 2009

May 08, 2010 17:06 |  #37

Thanks a lot.
I think I will keep my 70-200 mounted on camera all the time, so I had to check.
great review by the way :)

5d MK III | T1i Gripped
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 MK II | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40 F/4
430 EX II |600EX-RT
500PX (external link)
Flickr (external link)

EcoRick
Goldmember
1,863 posts
Joined Nov 2006

May 08, 2010 23:47 as a reply to  @ Sniper258's post |  #38

One small question. Isn't this a review of the Streetwalker Pro? I believe the Streetwalker is almost the same, but smaller and with different zippers in the main compartment.

Gear: Canon 1Ds MkII, 35L, 85L, 135L, 24-105L

Headshotzx
Goldmember
4,488 posts
Joined Dec 2007

May 09, 2010 00:01 |  #39

Nope, the bag's a streetwalker. You can check out the tag in-between the shoulder straps. There's no space and a "pro" word after 'streetwalker'.

I'm gonna be getting myself a streetwalker pro soon. Just found a buyer for my Crumpler 7MDH which is too heavy when loaded up the way I need it to. I had the streetwalker harddrive previously so I know what to expect!

Zexun | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) |

Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 09, 2010 01:54 |  #40

Any reason you don't have the HardDrive any more mate?

Simon

Church Green Studios Website (external link)
Church Green Studios 500px (external link)
Church Green Studios Blog (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

Headshotzx
Goldmember
4,488 posts
Joined Dec 2007

May 09, 2010 01:58 |  #41

What I needed to put inside the harddrive weighed a tonne. I sold that for the Think Tank Airport Takeoff roller backpack. Now I need a slightly smaller backpack for when I need some gear- the streetwalker pro.

Zexun | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) |

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,725 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

May 09, 2010 14:50 |  #42

Awesome review. You obviously know exactly what you are talking about.

Can't wait to read more from you.

mark

NicolasRubio
Goldmember
1,152 posts
Joined Sep 2006

May 09, 2010 16:41 |  #43

Headshotzx wrote in post #10147598 (external link)
What I needed to put inside the harddrive weighed a tonne. I sold that for the Think Tank Airport Takeoff roller backpack. Now I need a slightly smaller backpack for when I need some gear- the streetwalker pro.

Where do you put the 580EX II in the Airport TakeOff? I'm about to upgrade my 430EX II and I'm starting to wonder where I'll put the 580EX II as the one I have now is a tight fit! (vertical position).

Gripped 7D - 3 Ls - 3 non-Ls - 580EX II - Too much Think Tank gear - Cotton Carrier Holster

Detailed Gear List - My Website (external link)

EcoRick
Goldmember
1,863 posts
Joined Nov 2006

May 09, 2010 18:26 |  #44

Headshotzx wrote in post #10147269 (external link)
Nope, the bag's a streetwalker. You can check out the tag in-between the shoulder straps. There's no space and a "pro" word after 'streetwalker'.

ThinkTank must have beefed up the zippers in the Streetwalker. I have both (SW and the SW Pro) and my Streetwalker does not have the YKK zippers that my Pro has. TT seems to be have great customer service and a very creative design team. I've never had buyers remorse with any of their products.

Gear: Canon 1Ds MkII, 35L, 85L, 135L, 24-105L

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 05, 2010 18:08 |  #45

Thanks very much for your fine review, and constructive criticism. I've learned a lot reading this and the Kata review.

DaveL
Toronto
I'm a bagaholic!

Dave

sponsored links

21,848 views & 0 likes for this thread
[REVIEW] ThinkTank Streetwalker (lots of pics)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.