Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Kids & Family Talk 
Thread started 27 Apr 2010 (Tuesday) 10:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WTD when YOU'RE not happy with the photos

Milla
283 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 27, 2010 10:29 |  #1

I did a family shoot last weekend with a lovely family.

We do the shoot and unfortunately the kids just weren't feelin' it. And that's fairly typical. When we did our family shoot our children were the EXACT same way so I don't hold judgement there. But the shoot didn't go as I wanted it to. Again, it happens. With children that young, it's doubtful they pay attention, sit and smile.

But getting home, I load the pics and I do have about 4 fairly good family photos. But I'll admit that I'm not happy. I usually give my clients 30-40 edited photos so to have only 4 photos that I'm happy with is not good. I did get some fairly good individual shots too, so in total maybe 12 photos?

So what do I do? Reschedule another shoot? or do I say "Tough" and give them 12 photos?

Blog! (external link)Twitter! (external link)

GAinGa
101 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 27, 2010 20:40 |  #2

Milla... what makes you not happy with them?? Is it exposure issues, color....focus... or is it just that you feel the kids werent looking appropraitely in the images?? You can do some nifty head swaps to save if the kids were wild ones and all over the place!! Having moving kids is a pain at times..... and I have actually re-shot a session completely at my own cost because I wasnt happy with them. I will likely never make a ton of money because if I dont like the images....well, I dont show them,. and therefore, they will not sell! You can also take your best shots and then make a B&W of each one, doubles your potential viewing... make a few collages for them.... etc.

Hope this helps! ~Ga

melissaandkris
923 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 27, 2010 21:05 |  #3

I have found that I am waaay to picky about my shoots. If they kids are not screaming and they are in focus you might could at least show them. I have been short of what I wanted a couple time and throw in 1 or 2 that were not my favorite of the bunch and the parents might say that is his/her expression and end up loving it. I agree with Ga, make some collages and some different edits of your favorites and see what you end up with.

http://melissamcneesep​hotography.blogspot.co​m/ (external link)
Canon 50D

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

999 views & 0 likes for this thread
WTD when YOU'RE not happy with the photos
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Kids & Family Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.