Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
Thread started 11 May 2010 (Tuesday) 20:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A few birds to post to get back into the swing.

Joe ­ F.N.
Goldmember
1,392 posts
Joined May 2009

May 11, 2010 20:32 |  #1

Life has caught up to me lately and has left little room for photography. Harvey has kept me company almost daily and if one is looking for a little comic relief then have that man tag a long for awhile. Here are a few from the last week or so. It's nice to get back into a routine I thoroughly enjoy.

1/ What a surprise when a half dozen of these showed up in my yard and stayed for three days. White-crowned Sparrow.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

2/ White-throated Sparrow from the yard as well.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

3/ House Finch

IMAGE NOT FOUND

4/ Baltimore Oriole (female)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

5/ Hermit Thrush

IMAGE NOT FOUND

6/ An Osprey from one of our road trips.

IMAGE: http://joenoordman.smugmug.com/Images-chosen-for-posting-on/Picks-of-the-Week/0510-b-2010JPG0005/864107726_ghGdV-O.jpg

7/ American Goldfinch

IMAGE NOT FOUND

8/ Here's one that always lifts my spirits. Song Sparrow.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Thanks everyone. You're a great bunch.

http://joenoordman.smu​gmug.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
ajosteve
Cream of the Crop
16,468 posts
Joined Sep 2007

May 11, 2010 20:40 |  #2

Joe, I've missed your fabulous shots. This is a great series, they are all excellent. I love 2 and 3 for the color and detail. Don't go away again...heh..heh.

Steve

CanaHolic
Goldmember
1,605 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 12, 2010 05:26 |  #3

Joe,
Been also wondering what happened to you, hope all is well and you get back into the routines you most enjoy....

Fabulous series of shots 2, 4 and 6 are my favorites, keep em coming!!!!

Dan

Daniel Behm
My Gallery (external link)| (external link)flickr | (external link)Facebook (external link)

canonloader
Cream of the Crop
52,880 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

May 12, 2010 05:52 |  #4

A great set Joe. That first White Crown shot typifies these birds for me. They are always in a spot they can dive into if danger appears. I was lucky to have several pass through here this spring. :)

Mitch- ____...^.^...____
My Microscope Stuff (external link)
Gear List, My You Tube (external link)
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

dbriz
POTN MILLIONAIRE
8,984 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 12, 2010 07:58 |  #5

A sensational variety Joe, they are all exquisite captures... The WtS is always one of my favorites and I have to go deep in the woods to find the Hermit Thrush... and you have him in your yard... I am still waiting to see the WCS... lovely shots.

db

7d, 50D, 400mm f/5.6, 300mm f/4, 70-200mm f/4 IS, 50mm f/1.8

Zethar
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Jan 2009

May 12, 2010 10:11 |  #6

Great shots Joe. Nice composition, detail and exposure. I really like the Oriole.

1DX, 1DIV, 5DIII, A7RII, RX1RII, 14 2.8L II, 35 1.4L, 50 1.2L, 85 1.2L II, 135 2L, 16-35 2.8L II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 300 2.8L, 400 5.6L, IS, 800 5.6L IS

Oldjackssparrows
Jeeeez, incredible comments!
13,449 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Oct 2009

May 12, 2010 10:16 |  #7

I was kind of wondering Joe. Very nice shots once again, very nice indeed. I am not sure what it is but the last one is my favorite, something about the open space and the songster singing away, very nice moment in time!
Great shooting Joe.

1DX, 400/f2.8 and other Canon gear
The shadow of a feather is one of the goals

Gary ­ Fairhead
Cream of the Crop
12,425 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2005

May 12, 2010 10:31 |  #8

A beautiful series here Joe with the White Throated Sparrow and female oriole being my favoirites. Excellent work!

Gary Fairhead C/C welcome .....

Canon 30 D,50D, Canon 500 F4 IS, 400 F5.6L ,200 F2.8L, 28-105mm F3.5-4.5, 1.4X TC/, Canon 580EX /Canon 100 2.8 Macro
http://www.pbase.com/p​hotofair/root&page=all (external link)

woody64
Goldmember
1,876 posts
Joined Oct 2007

May 12, 2010 14:08 |  #9

All are amazing Joe, glad to see you posting again your shots are an insperation to those of us trying to get better

:D http://keithsphotos.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link) :D

1Dx, 5D MKII, 350D, 7D, 50mm F1.4, 24-70L F2.8,Canon 100-400L IS, 100mm F2.8 Macro, 580 EX11

Joe ­ F.N.
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,392 posts
Joined May 2009

May 12, 2010 15:33 |  #10

ajosteve wrote in post #10164461 (external link)
Joe, I've missed your fabulous shots. This is a great series, they are all excellent. I love 2 and 3 for the color and detail. Don't go away again...heh..heh.

Thank you so much Steve. I'll do my best to stay here on a regular basis. What has happened to us is all too familiar to so many families. My brother in law died and my brother has been diagnosed with cancer so everything else becomes insignificant. The photography helps in maintaining some form of normalcy in my life. Thanks so much for commenting so graciously.

CanaHolic wrote in post #10166102 (external link)
Joe,
Been also wondering what happened to you, hope all is well and you get back into the routines you most enjoy....

Fabulous series of shots 2, 4 and 6 are my favorites, keep em coming!!!!

Dan

Thank you Dan. I'll try to keep them coming.

canonloader wrote in post #10166176 (external link)
A great set Joe. That first White Crown shot typifies these birds for me. They are always in a spot they can dive into if danger appears. I was lucky to have several pass through here this spring. :)

Thanks Mitch. The White Crown is special to me as well.

dbriz wrote in post #10166553 (external link)
A sensational variety Joe, they are all exquisite captures... The WtS is always one of my favorites and I have to go deep in the woods to find the Hermit Thrush... and you have him in your yard... I am still waiting to see the WCS... lovely shots.

db

Thanks a lot Dave. The Hermit wasn't from my yard but very close to my house. The sweetest sound anyone could imagine. The Wood Thrush may beat it but not by much.

Zethar wrote in post #10167181 (external link)
Great shots Joe. Nice composition, detail and exposure. I really like the Oriole.

Thank you. Glad you like that one. She's gorgeous.

BGgraphy wrote in post #10167207 (external link)
I was kind of wondering Joe. Very nice shots once again, very nice indeed. I am not sure what it is but the last one is my favorite, something about the open space and the songster singing away, very nice moment in time!
Great shooting Joe.

Thanks Bret. I'm very partial to the last one as well. Showing the environment is important to me. It's singing it's heart out and what a sweet sound it is.

Gary Fairhead wrote in post #10167286 (external link)
A beautiful series here Joe with the White Throated Sparrow and female oriole being my favoirites. Excellent work!

Thank you so much Gary. Glad you picked those two.

woody64 wrote in post #10168598 (external link)
All are amazing Joe, glad to see you posting again your shots are an insperation to those of us trying to get better

Thank you Keith. That's very kind of you to say.

http://joenoordman.smu​gmug.com/ (external link)

kenn3d
Goldmember
2,977 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 12, 2010 20:04 |  #11

A beautiful set Joe,

All typically great photos, but the White-throat, Oriole, and Thrush are stand-outs.
(I'm not on here enuf lately to have missed you, but I'm glad I didn't miss this set. ;))

Kenn

Kenn & Temple
Backyard Birders in St.Louis, MO
Canon S3-IS w/Sony DH1758 1.7x TC (external link) ; S5-IS ; SX-30; SX40; SX50; Fuji S100fs
Favorites (external link)
Blog: Backyard Birding with Kenn & Temple (external link)

sparker1
Cream of the Crop
29,252 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 12, 2010 20:44 |  #12

Wonderful series, Joe. You always give the rest of us something to aspire to.

Stan (See my gallery at http://www.pbase.com/s​parker1 (external link))

7D, 50D, 300D, EF-S 10-22 mm, EF-S 18-55 mm kit lens, EF 24-105 L IS, EF 50 mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500mm (Bigmos)

jzelik
244 posts
Joined Dec 2006

May 13, 2010 05:01 |  #13

Excellent! Would love to have your backyard!

Shar824
Cream of the Crop
11,948 posts
Joined Jun 2007

May 13, 2010 09:00 |  #14

Wonderful variety and wonderful shots Joe.....love the white crowned and white throated sparrows.

Sharon

"If you want to see birds, you must have birds in your heart." -- John Burroughs

Back288
Goldmember
4,331 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 13, 2010 11:30 |  #15

Lovely assortment of beautiful shots! Nicely done, it's good to see you back to shooting!

Mike
My Gear

sponsored links

1,806 views & 0 likes for this thread
A few birds to post to get back into the swing.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.