Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 30 May 2010 (Sunday) 14:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How Much to charge - Banner & website use

EagleX
146 posts
Joined Jul 2008

May 30, 2010 14:00 |  #1

Hi,
I have been contacted by a distributor in Australia asking me to use a photo of an airport which includes the explosion-proof steel cables he is distributing.
He wants to use it in his company website and in a... steel cable trade show? I guess - in a banner.
As it is my first sale for such a use (only sale to date was a book cover), I have no idea how much to charge, and whether I should charge differently for the website and the banner, or all-together?
I would really like to get your help on this topic - it is very important to me :)
Thanks!

Flickr (external link) - My Flickr
Canon EOS 7D | EOS 450D | BG-E5 | BG-E7
EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | EF 50 F/1.8| EF 70-200 F/2.8L USM IS II | Speedlite 580EX II

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

May 30, 2010 17:57 |  #2

If it is so important, why are you asking the internet for advice? You should be getting info from people in your area, Israel, since pricing around the world varies. I doubt there are many on this forum from your location, and very few post in this subforum.

Karl ­ Johnston
Cream of the Crop
9,334 posts
Joined Jul 2008

May 30, 2010 18:15 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

Doesn't matter how things in Israel work, just Australia.

www.fotoquote.com (external link) is excellent website with software that commercial photographers use for understanding and utilizing/issuing licensing. I recommend it.

Adventurous Photographer, Writer (external link) & Wedding Photographer (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,045 views & 0 likes for this thread
How Much to charge - Banner & website use
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.