Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 06 Jun 2010 (Sunday) 13:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I could not leave my camera at home...

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 06, 2010 13:54 |  #1

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

more here (external link)

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

sponsored links
mritchy
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 06, 2010 15:59 |  #2

Primary shooter or guest?

Mr. Itchy
14L II, 17L TS-E, 35L, 24-70L II, 45 TS-E, 90 Macro, 50L, 85 1.8, 70-200L II, 200 f/2L

1Dx, 5D III, 6D
Weddings-Real Estate (external link)

yummy_waffles
428 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jun 06, 2010 17:24 |  #3

4th one looks like she's about to beat him with the roses :)

I love the colors.

The Perfect Pear (external link)
www.danekhy.com (external link)

kja
Cream of the Crop
5,923 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 06, 2010 18:38 as a reply to  @ post 10313732 |  #4

It looks like a very colourful wedding - I love all the pinks and reds against the green backgrounds.

I think I would be dumping #4 - I'm not sure where your focus is (or why if it's on his flower) and her facial expression isn't flattering. She's the bride and so the images you present should show her either having a blast & happy or contemplative or overcome with positive emotions etc or as beautiful as she can be imho

Kristin

lhughey
650 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jun 06, 2010 18:42 |  #5

i would love to shoot an Indian wedding

flickr: link (external link)

Sylvester ­ XxX
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 06, 2010 19:04 |  #6

mritchy wrote in post #10313300 (external link)
Primary shooter or guest?

yummy_waffles wrote in post #10313628 (external link)
4th one looks like she's about to beat him with the roses :)

I love the colors.

She was :)

kja wrote in post #10313975 (external link)
It looks like a very colourful wedding - I love all the pinks and reds against the green backgrounds.

I think I would be dumping #4 - I'm not sure where your focus is (or why if it's on his flower) and her facial expression isn't flattering. She's the bride and so the images you present should show her either having a blast & happy or contemplative or overcome with positive emotions etc or as beautiful as she can be imho

#4 is a favourite of both the bride and the groom. She was putting her foot down and the flowers were about to be her weapon of choice, hence the focus on the flowers.

When I shoot I try and show the event as I see it. What I present to them depends upon how they are. I find that along side the the tradition approach a wider range of moment are appreciated. Unplanned incidences and and unguarded moments are the ones which tend to be associated with stories that people laugh about looking back.

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

Down_Shift
Goldmember
1,314 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 06, 2010 19:36 |  #7

4) Is the groom's flower in focus? I like the effect you're going for

5) I wish you had focus on the other kid in the back

6) Is that a traditional plate of wedding food? Just curious. Never seen curry and rice in a heart shape before haha

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jun 06, 2010 20:42 |  #8

I think it may just be my style, but id like to see them with a bit of a bump in exposure.

4 I would like the focus on her flowers rather than his, but hindsight is 20/20 right?

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

kja
Cream of the Crop
5,923 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 06, 2010 20:47 |  #9

Yes, that's what I was saying about #4. I get the moment but focus point could have been better selected imho because the groom's flowers, where the focus is, are not part of the photos story. But it kinda works and it IS a moment :)

Kristin

MT ­ Stringer
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Jun 06, 2010 22:37 |  #10

I like the snack tray! :-)

MaxPreps Profile (external link)

My Gear List

Ichiban
762 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jun 06, 2010 23:25 |  #11

eh, I was gonna say something. But i think issues of uncle bobs have been beaten to death already. I think the rest of the people are just saying you commenting will have no impact on the endless supply of uncle bobs + it'll probably hurt some feelings. But that aside, uncle bobs are just an obstacle that good photographers learn to deal with.

Website (external link)
flickr (external link)

Sylvester ­ XxX
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 07, 2010 04:37 |  #12

kja wrote in post #10314694 (external link)
Yes, that's what I was saying about #4. I get the moment but focus point could have been better selected imho because the groom's flowers, where the focus is, are not part of the photos story. But it kinda works and it IS a moment :)

True, Focusing on the main bunch may have worked better.I'm shooting primes wide open and still working on choosing the right focus point when things a happening without your input, but that 's what keeping it interesting right? I will try to get both given a similar situation next. That way I will have options.

Red Tie Photography wrote in post #10314659 (external link)
I think it may just be my style, but id like to see them with a bit of a bump in exposure.

4 I would like the focus on her flowers rather than his, but hindsight is 20/20 right?

I will open up the blacks a bit and see how it looks to me, thanks.

Down_Shift wrote in post #10314233 (external link)
4) Is the groom's flower in focus? I like the effect you're going for

5) I wish you had focus on the other kid in the back

6) Is that a traditional plate of wedding food? Just curious. Never seen curry and rice in a heart shape before haha

The idea moment I just missed, they just started heading off in a direction completely in unison The 5D just did not lock quick enough

Yep pretty much the standard tradition indian food around here. The heart was too cute :)

MT Stringer wrote in post #10315268 (external link)
I like the snack tray! :-)

It was a tasty snack :)

Ichiban wrote in post #10315481 (external link)
eh, I was gonna say something. But i think issues of uncle bobs have been beaten to death already. I think the rest of the people are just saying you commenting will have no impact on the endless supply of uncle bobs + it'll probably hurt some feelings. But that aside, uncle bobs are just an obstacle that good photographers learn to deal with.

Personally I used relatively long lens and kept back but many people did not. As you say these are issues that need to be managed.

A competent photographer should not really have an issue with other people shooting. His/Her work should stand head and shoulder above the guests otherwise they may be in the wrong business or price bracket.

It is not just a day for the bride and groom, it is a day for the family and friends also.

The only problem I have is split-focus when shooting formals and engaging with the guest and a few polite words will fix that.

Sylvester ­ XxX
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 07, 2010 09:00 as a reply to  @ post 10316881 |  #13

lhughey wrote in post #10313992 (external link)
i would love to shoot an Indian wedding

There is loads to capture and the traditional all out wedding is in two weeks and I will be bring my cam there also.

In2Photos
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 07, 2010 09:38 as a reply to  @ post 10317141 |  #14

I think we can all agree that things got a little out of hand here. The thread has been pruned and we will be keeping an eye on all parties involved.

Perhaps now would be a good time to re-read the forum rules, specifically the one where Pekka says "Don't be a jerk". Here is the link: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?p=353304

Mike, The Keeper of the Archive

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

kja
Cream of the Crop
5,923 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 07, 2010 18:02 |  #15

Sylvester XxX wrote in post #10316343 (external link)
. That way I will have options.

Always a good thing!

Kristin

sponsored links

4,685 views & 0 likes for this thread
I could not leave my camera at home...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.