Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 12 Jun 2010 (Saturday) 10:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

17-Year-Old Accused of Having a Camera Bag

jeyaganesh
438 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 13, 2010 14:45 as a reply to  @ post 10353254 |  #31

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #10351036 (external link)
But minors are minors under the law, regardless of physical size. She should just stop making movies (and earning $millions) if she doesn't want to be annoyed in public, seriously.

PhotosGuy wrote in post #10353207 (external link)
Jodie Foster can poke me anywhere she wants to! :D

bw!

Jay. Flickr (external link) 500px (external link) Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon AE-1 Program, EF 135mm f/2.0 L, EF 35mm f/1.4 L, EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L. (external link)

sponsored links
Jon ­ Foster
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 13, 2010 23:29 |  #32

This has been on the front page of IMDB.com all day.

Jon.

I shoot with a Little Canon

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

darksike
547 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 13, 2010 23:41 |  #33

so really, if he's within arms length with a "telephoto", is he taking pictures of her wrinkles? I guess every woman does have the right to push/poke who do that.

all experts were once a beginner
addicted since May '09
Gear - Site (external link) -
Facebook (external link)

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 14, 2010 02:32 |  #34

StanleyK14 wrote in post #10352949 (external link)
I'm 17 and I know better than to do what he did

Unless you were there you probably have no clue what he did or what she did. And neither do the rest of us.

-=Prints For Sale at PIXELS=- (external link)
-=Facebook=- (external link)
-=Flickr=- (external link)

-=Gear=-

philwillmedia
Cream of the Crop
5,252 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 14, 2010 02:45 |  #35

PhotosGuy wrote in post #10353207 (external link)
Jodie Foster can poke me anywhere she wants to! :D

Don't you mean you'd like to poke...ahh, never mind. I'll just leave that alone

Regards, Phil
2013/14 CAMS Gold Accredited Photographer | 2010 & 2011 V8 Supercars Aust. Accredited Photographer | 2008, '09, '10 South Aus. Rally Photographer of the Year | Catch Fence Photos - 2009 Photo of the Year (external link)Finallist - 2014 NT Media Awards
"A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office" | www.freewebs.com/philw​illmedia (external link)

OregonRebel
865 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jun 14, 2010 05:24 |  #36

Not sure why she handled it that way. She should have offered to pose with him in some shots, then sent them to John Hinckley. :)

Brian N
7D, Rebel XT, G16, EF-S 10-22, EF-S 15-85 USM IS, Sigma 30 f/1.4, EF-S 60 macro, 85 f/1.8, EF 70-200 f/4L IS , Canon 1.4 TC, 430 EX, 270 EX
Bogen/Manfrotto 3001BPro/484RC2
Some pix at www.flickr.com/photos/​briann/ (external link)

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,310 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 14, 2010 10:00 |  #37

My reaction probably would have been... "Jodie Foster touched me! Jodie Foster touched me! (swoon)".  :p

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 14, 2010 10:56 |  #38

Karl Johnston wrote in post #10351111 (external link)
that's about as stupid as saying you should just stop taking pictures if you get your photo stolen.

No, your analogy is pathetic, sorry. If she doesn't want to be annoyed in public, then she should not go in public. Or, like I said, stop making movies. Assaulting a minor is a serious offense. I hope she gets sued.

czeglin
560 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 14, 2010 14:34 |  #39

StanleyK14 wrote in post #10352949 (external link)
I'm not condoning her actions, but I dont think poking and grabbing ones arm should even be considered something like assault or battery. Shes probably not going to get any serious criminal charges against her anyways.

I wonder if you have really thought through the implications of that. Jodie Foster may not be intimidating to you, but I'll bet there a lot of people who would scare you if they were in your face, grabbing your arm and poking your chest. If it's not a crime to do something like that then you have no recourse if you need protection from it.

Flickr (external link) | Gear & Feedback | DIY Padded Insert

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,310 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 14, 2010 14:39 |  #40

Many years ago 60 Minutes profiled a guy who did almost nothing but file lawsuits... for anything and everything. He once sued a guy for assault... the guy waved his finger in his face during an argument.

I don't recall if he won.

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

StanleyK14
54 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jun 14, 2010 14:41 |  #41

LowriderS10 wrote in post #10357602 (external link)
Unless you were there you probably have no clue what he did or what she did. And neither do the rest of us.

You're right, I'm just making assumptions

czeglin wrote in post #10360639 (external link)
I wonder if you have really thought through the implications of that. Jodie Foster may not be intimidating to you, but I'll bet there a lot of people who would scare you if they were in your face, grabbing your arm and poking your chest. If it's not a crime to do something like that then you have no recourse if you need protection from it.

I meant it as getting poked by Jodie Foster wouldn't bother me and most friends my age (17) certainly wouldn't be intimidated or frightened by Jodie Foster. But you're right too. And while I might get a little startled if some big and scary guy poked me or grabbed my arm, it escalating above that is where it starts to get scary.

I dont have any L lenses

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
42,805 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 14, 2010 14:44 |  #42

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #10359330 (external link)
No, your analogy is pathetic, sorry. If she doesn't want to be annoyed in public, then she should not go in public. Or, like I said, stop making movies. Assaulting a minor is a serious offense. I hope she gets sued.

So people do not mob Paul McCartney decades after he composed his music, and people do not mob and otherwise bother other artists and entertainers long after they quit producing new works and happily live off their royalties from their recordings or movies?! And people who are like them have to live like moles their entire lives because of rude or overly zealous idiots who don't know how to behave?! ...because that's the way HappySnapper thinks they need to live?

What happened to treating others the way you would want to be treated yourself?
:rolleyes:

Does the term 'aggravated assault' sound familiar, and does anyone think that might be the term for what Jodie foster apparently might have done?

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 14, 2010 14:49 |  #43

Tedder wrote in post #10348520 (external link)
"Jodie Foster accused of roughing up a boy:
Family says actress poked 17-year-old in the chest and grabbed his arm"

LOS ANGELES — The family of a 17-year-old teenager has accused Oscar-winner Jodie Foster of being rough with the boy after he snapped photographs of the actress and her sons outside a movie theater.

... She [Foster's spokeswoman] also said he had a camera bag and a telephoto lens.

http://today.msnbc.msn​.com …91/ns/today-entertainment (external link)

He should have been using the telephoto:)

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 14, 2010 14:50 |  #44

Chairman7w wrote in post #10350704 (external link)
Amen ssim, well said. I can't stand the pussification of America.

+10000000000000009

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 14, 2010 14:53 |  #45

I'm sure his parents will come to the rescue and make sure someone pays for this even though he was clearly in the wrong.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

sponsored links

8,598 views & 0 likes for this thread
17-Year-Old Accused of Having a Camera Bag
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.