Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 15 Jun 2010 (Tuesday) 12:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

17 month old daughter C&C please

CJSmith
390 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 15, 2010 12:58 |  #1

Since my daughter was born, I've been working pretty hard to get better at my photography. Here are some of my favorites from the past few months. I would love to get some comments/critiques. I feel that I've learned a lot so far, but I'm looking to improve as much as I can.

I have been lurking on these forums and have learned a lot from you guys. Thanks!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

2. Too much contrast?

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4703914450_9417f8fd58_b.jpg

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

8. And an older one (resolution's a bit lower)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

6D, Σ15 FE, 17mm TS-E, 24-105, 70-300L, 40mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8, 100L, 600EX-RT, Kenko 2X MC4, Kenko Tubes
www.OutofChicago.com:external link The Chicago Photography Experience
Flickrexternal link

sponsored links
Swanolck
166 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 15, 2010 14:07 |  #2

I LOVE #4. That is so cute. I would have that huge on my wall. She is adorable, keep up the good work.

http://amyswansonphoto​graphy.com/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/AmySwansonPhotograp​hy (external link)

AltezzaGirl
138 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 15, 2010 15:48 |  #3

I love #5, she has beautiful eyes.

Canon 500D/T1i : 18-55mm IS : 55-250mm IS : 50mm f/1.8 II Nifty Fifty : Manfrotto tripod
Amateur enthusiast - I am learning more & more every day, and lovin it! :D

SRA_Fl
431 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 15, 2010 19:04 as a reply to  @ AltezzaGirl's post |  #4

Really like 4 and 5... She has some very blue eyes... very nice shots.

Scott
XTi w/grip - 7D gripped
17-85 IS, 15-85 IS, 100-400L IS, 50mm 1.8 430 EX, 580 EXII manfrotto 055xprob-488RC2
www.srallenphoto.com instagram @srallenphoto

iadubber
Goldmember
1,449 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 15, 2010 21:55 |  #5

Wow! #5 is amazing! I'd clone out the top left corner and it'd be perfect and framed! Which lens did you use in that one if I may ask?

Buyer/Seller Feedback
Flickr (external link)

Darksharde
133 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jun 16, 2010 08:18 |  #6

#5 is an absolute stunner. I wish I was half as good as you are! All of them are lovely but, as everyone's said, 5 is something special.

40D, 24-70 2.8L :mrgreen:, some other suff too but it hasn't seen the light of day since the 24-70 arrived ;)

CJSmith
THREAD ­ STARTER
390 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 16, 2010 09:12 |  #7

Thanks for all of the nice comments! I need to be honest about picture #5. I was holding the camera out in front of me, not looking through the viewfinder. I snapped about 10 pictures and only one was focused on her eyes. The one you see here. My wife gets frustrated that I may sometimes take 200 shots in one evening. But that is why I do it.

I used my Canon 60mm macro. That's why her eyes are so sharp. And because the distance to her was so close it gives a very shallow depth of field. She was sitting on our bed and I bounced my flash off of the wall/ceiling. Thanks again for the comments.

If I get this picture printed I will clone out the upper corner. That's a good suggestion.

6D, Σ15 FE, 17mm TS-E, 24-105, 70-300L, 40mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8, 100L, 600EX-RT, Kenko 2X MC4, Kenko Tubes
www.OutofChicago.com:external link The Chicago Photography Experience
Flickrexternal link

ann-mom
844 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 16, 2010 09:12 |  #8

Fantastic and 4 is so funny, love that she is sitting on the reflector

Ann Klein
www.kleinstylephotogra​phy.com (external link)
www.facebook.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,338 views & 0 likes for this thread
17 month old daughter C&C please
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.