Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Jul 2010 (Saturday) 05:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2nd user or brand new

markyb
Goldmember
1,013 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 03, 2010 05:01 |  #1

ok i hold my hands up. im guilty.
guilty of stating some of the 7d or 5dmk11 threads. and also recently did a 7d or 5d classic,
as well as joining in some of the already numerous. this or that threads.
and now im about to start another (similar) thread,

the thing is . im looking for an upgrade for my ageing 30d and 350 bodys
the 7d or 5d mk11 was looking favourates
then thanks to people on here saying to look at 2nd user 1d,s. im now getting more confused
at the moment i can buy a 7d. if i want the 5dmk11 ill have to save a bit longer.
so i guess the budget about £1600 or so

7d £1200
5dmk11 £1650

then looked at 2nd user 1ds
1d mk 111 £1350
1ds mk11 £1350 (52.000 clicks)
1d mk 11 £799
so were do i go. at the moment 1ds mk11 looking favourite
as i do landscape and birding. im guessing this will be great , but worried about loosing the crop on my 100-400,
can someone help me spend my money

Canon EOS 30 D EOS 350 D canon eos 5d mk1, 100-400 L / 24-70 L / 70-200 ,canon eos 17-40 LL F4 / 10-22 /50 1.8, Sigma 105mm 2.8
http://markbarnes.foto​pic.net/list_collectio​ns.php (external link)

J-Guy
77 posts
Joined Oct 2004

Jul 03, 2010 06:10 |  #2

Unless you also purchase an UWA lens that the 1D will accept, you've lost your ability to use the 10-22.
You'll still need to carry two bodies and use the crop body for the widest angles of view, and for the crop factor at 400mm. I'm not sure what you gain with a used 1Dx body vs a new 7D. I'd go with the 7D based on your current equipment list, and use leftover money for a flash or starting to save for another lens, etc.

My Gear List

markyb
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,013 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 03, 2010 08:30 as a reply to  @ J-Guy's post |  #3

I'm aware. About not being able to use the 10 22
I would probably. Go with a 17 40
I just thought the quality and build of the 1d would. Be better than the fancy fancy bells and whistles of the new bodys. Like video recording
Etc

Canon EOS 30 D EOS 350 D canon eos 5d mk1, 100-400 L / 24-70 L / 70-200 ,canon eos 17-40 LL F4 / 10-22 /50 1.8, Sigma 105mm 2.8
http://markbarnes.foto​pic.net/list_collectio​ns.php (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

591 views & 0 likes for this thread
2nd user or brand new
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.