Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 07 Jul 2010 (Wednesday) 17:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Cotton carrier handstrap vs Camdapter vs AH-4 vs ???

Jonta
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 07, 2010 17:21 |  #1

Background you may need:

I've pretty much decided to buy the Cotton carrier camera system for all camera types (external link), since I don't know if I'll prefer BG or not, and Vest vs holster. Planning to use handstrap at the same time.

A tripod system is also on the verge of being selected. Arca-Swiss-compatible plates. Quite possibly with L-plate. Possibly also in conjunction with handstrap.

To business:

Which handstrap? I've found one review (external link) of the Camdapter (external link). It looked quite nice, and one seemed to be able to select pretty specifically according to need.

But Cotton carrier also has a handstrap (external link). Haven't found any reviews of it tho. Experiences anyone? Or anywhere?

They both seem to support tripod and/or cotton carrier. But which should I pick?

There's also the matter of the Nikon AH-4, which seems to be better than the Canon E-1, but I don't know if it lives up to the standards of the aforementioned two. AH-4 looked (external link) a bit uncomfortable though, with the strap going over the thumb. And also, from the review (external link) on The Digital Picture, I'm not quite sure if one can attach it at just one point, instead of two.

Are there alternatives I've overlooked?

Still information you need? Don't hesitate to ask.
Jonta

Jonta
THREAD ­ STARTER
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 25, 2010 11:45 |  #2

*bump*

Any experience with the Cotton Carrier Handstrap?

Jonta
THREAD ­ STARTER
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 25, 2010 12:36 |  #3

Just checked their website: Handstrap is now included when purchasing system for regular cameras, pro cameras (or BGd, difference being angled hub) or all-camera-carryingsystem.

So since I didn't find any reviews of the Cotton Carrier Handstrap, I'll make one myself when I get it.

(Wooohooo! Finally Cotton Carrier!)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,425 views & 0 likes for this thread
Cotton carrier handstrap vs Camdapter vs AH-4 vs ???
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.