Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Jul 2010 (Monday) 12:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How do you conduct your Craigslist transaction?

SiaoP
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 12, 2010 12:11 |  #1

So.... I'm thinking of selling my 300mm to fund a 400mm on craigslist since I generally like testing the equipment I buy. I'm a little worried about the cash transaction part since we're dealing with 3500$ and 5500$. That's like 275 20dollar bills for a 400mm f2.8IS. How do you guys handle your large transactions? Would some safe places like police stations or banks allow you to sit inside and let you exchange the cash?

My Flickr (external link) | Gear List

bspawr
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 12, 2010 15:15 |  #2

1.cash ONLY
2.If you have a local dealer that you work with then have the potential buyer meet you there. I always prefer to meet at a local photoshop. I have established solid relationships with these guys and would have them check out the item.
3. If you don't have any local merchants or they will not allow outside transactions then opt for some other relatively secure public place. (somewhere difficult to grab and run)
4. Make sure I'm accompanied to any transaction by someone you know and trust

Wish I had the funds currently for the 300mm. It's on my wish list.

Best of luck!

Brad's Gear | Flickr |  (external link)Facebook |  (external link)Twitter |  (external link)http://www.bspawrphoto​graphy.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

830 views & 0 likes for this thread
How do you conduct your Craigslist transaction?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.