Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
Thread started 15 Jul 2010 (Thursday) 14:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography

mtimber
Cream of the Crop
5,011 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 08, 2012 07:42 |  #4171

navydoc wrote in post #13667013 (external link)
Thanks. These are all shot in natural light only. They are 7 exposure hdr's at 1.3 Ev spacing which covered the outdoor light as well as the light indoors.

Here's one more shot.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

I like this, but would mask off the windows and bring the room up in post a stop.

"Owning lots of expensive gear is very important. I helps those of us without talent appear as if we really know what we're doing" (Belmondo)

sponsored links
P12
209 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 08, 2012 08:14 |  #4172

diputs wrote in post #13666982 (external link)
Which book are you referring to?

The Essential Guide to: Lighting Interiors - Techniques for lighting with small flash - By Scott Hargis

Pentax Kx, Sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6, Pentax 18-55 1:3.5-5.6, Asahi Pentax-M 1:2 50mm.
See I do own a => Canon Powershot A630, Sigma EF 530 Super.
www.lenbetts.com (external link)

P12
209 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 08, 2012 08:18 |  #4173

Thanks. These are all shot in natural light only. They are 7 exposure hdr's at 1.3 Ev spacing which covered the outdoor light as well as the light indoors.

Here's one more shot.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

I can never get my window transition to look that good.

Secret?

Pentax Kx, Sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6, Pentax 18-55 1:3.5-5.6, Asahi Pentax-M 1:2 50mm.
See I do own a => Canon Powershot A630, Sigma EF 530 Super.
www.lenbetts.com (external link)

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 08, 2012 08:54 |  #4174

TGrundvig wrote in post #13664589 (external link)
Yeah, I need to update my LR2 to version 3. I already bought it, I just haven't made the switch yet.

Do the upgrade. It's so much better than LR2 it's not even funny.

However, there isn't a great lens profile for the Tokina 11-16. I found one someone here made but it still needs tweaking after applying it.

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 08, 2012 08:59 |  #4175

GDH wrote in post #13665649 (external link)
On the topic of stills vs video vs virtual tour vs interactive floor plan, they all have their place if you think about who your customer is. A lot of sellers hire an agent based on the buzzers and whistles they offer, be it floor plans, video, etc. How many of these special features sell houses is debatable. However, some sellers expect certain toys as a part of their listing. As a Realtor, I get physically sick watching virtual tours because of the distortion. Sellers love em, many buyers don't care. Depends on who your customer is and who you are trying to sell.

I agree on the virtual tours (the 360 degree ones). Most actual buyers I've spoken with hate them. Realtors tend to be the only people who seem to like them and (luckily) many of them are starting to see the light and stop asking for them.

I will say, however, realtors who are offering things like interactive floorplans and video walkthroughs are finding it much easier to win listings because realtors (as a whole) all offer the same stuff to potential sellers--marketing, experience, big name company (if they work for a big name company), open houses, etc. When a realtor comes along and says they also do interactive floorplans and video walkthroughs, it's a no-brainer for the seller.

These things are designed to make it more likely someone who looks at the realtor's listing online will actually ask for a showing. They're not really designed to sell the property directly. They do quite well at getting more people interested in seeing the property--unless it's just not a great property to begin with. ;)

apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 08, 2012 10:30 |  #4176

TGrundvig wrote in post #13663576 (external link)
I know what I know and that's all that I know. :lol::lol:

Way off topic, but where is the title faerie when you need them?

Christopher Cross | Apixelintime.com | Nightographer.com (coming soon)
Altering reality one pixel at a time.
A clicky thing | Severial twisty things | A couple of flashy things | A bunch of other things
Posing Guide (external link) | Galleries (external link) | flickr (external link) | FaceBook (external link) | Blog (external link)

gnwatts
266 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 08, 2012 12:16 |  #4177

Here's one more shot.

I liked the first shot you posted a little more, but this is very nice also.
I think the interior could come up slightly, probably not by a whole stop.
Nice work.
Greg

Greg
5DII * 17mm TS-E * 24mm TS-Ell * 17-40mmL * Zeiss 35-70mm * Zeiss 80-200mm
http://gnwatts.photosh​elter.com (external link)

TGrundvig
Goldmember
2,876 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 08, 2012 12:21 |  #4178

P12 wrote in post #13667094 (external link)
The Essential Guide to: Lighting Interiors - Techniques for lighting with small flash - By Scott Hargis

That is a great book for understanding lighting and where and how to place them. The techniques can get very time consuming, but the information is very valuable to anyone that shoots interiors. You just never know when you might need a second speed light and this book shows you where to place it and how to bounce it.

For me, flash use is more of a fill light. I try to let the camera exposure get the room where I want it, then fill the room with diffused light using a Gary Fong Lightsphere. It sends the light 360 degrees and I point the flash up and forward so that there is slightly stronger light bounced off the ceiling. This diffuser does a very good job of softening the light, assuming I'm not standing too close to cabinets or something like that. If I have a shot where I need to get close to cabinets, I bounce the light off the opposite side of the room.

1Ds Mk II, 1D Mk II, 50D, 40D, XT (for my son), 17-40L, 24-105L, Bigma 50-500 EX DG, Sigma 150 Macro EX DG, Tokina 12-24 AT-X, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 28-300 (for my son), 580ex II, 430ex II

TGrundvig
Goldmember
2,876 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 08, 2012 12:24 |  #4179

Here's one more shot.

Did you use SNS or PM?

1Ds Mk II, 1D Mk II, 50D, 40D, XT (for my son), 17-40L, 24-105L, Bigma 50-500 EX DG, Sigma 150 Macro EX DG, Tokina 12-24 AT-X, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 28-300 (for my son), 580ex II, 430ex II

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
13,482 posts
Gallery: 203 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 08, 2012 13:51 as a reply to  @ TGrundvig's post |  #4180

These were all done using SNS. I did do a curves adjustment on these which darkened them a bit. In retrospect, the images would have looked better without the adjustment.

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

gnwatts
266 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 08, 2012 15:17 |  #4181

Joe.Recon wrote in post #13666514 (external link)
Very nice !

Thanks Joe.

Greg
5DII * 17mm TS-E * 24mm TS-Ell * 17-40mmL * Zeiss 35-70mm * Zeiss 80-200mm
http://gnwatts.photosh​elter.com (external link)

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 10, 2012 10:44 |  #4182

Shadow on the Door wrote in post #13663771 (external link)
Alright, here's what I have..

So, what did you end up delivering? Hope it worked out okay.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 10, 2012 20:18 |  #4183
bannedPermanent ban

more or less those with straightened lines, she said she liked them and paid up, guess I'm good.

19 year old photographer with a 5D, and some L glass.
500px - Jamesr (external link)
Graphic Design Services Offered

ESMcBlurM3
502 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 10, 2012 23:57 |  #4184

A few from a recent vacation to the Ocean House, in Watch Hill - Rhode Island

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i211.photobucke​t.com …bb35/emcbane/56​62adb9.jpg (external link)

http://i211.photobucke​t.com …bb35/emcbane/7a​ff28e3.jpg (external link)

http://i211.photobucke​t.com …bb35/emcbane/e1​84d031.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

I apologize for items out of place (travel bags...etc) nothing was staged for the shots. Just thought the natural lighting was great at the moment

Canon 50D, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 17-50, Sigma 30, Canon 100L Macro, Sigma 100-300
My Flickr! (external link)

discoduck
514 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 11, 2012 06:18 |  #4185

lots of nice colors in that last one

5Dc | 17-40 L
LivingPhoto.ca (external link) - Real Estate Photography
Facebook (external link) - How about a "Like"? :D

sponsored links

2,066,033 views & 1,711 likes for this thread
A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.