Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
Thread started 15 Jul 2010 (Thursday) 14:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 24, 2012 10:55 |  #4291

P12 wrote in post #13757569 (external link)
... For the record I'm limited on flexibility. GoDaddy seems to be geared towards leading their customers into upgrading. I want to try to stick with this and see if I can make something work until I can get full time. ...

GoDaddy apparently includes Wordpress installation with all of its plans. You can get a quick start by setting up a Wordpress site with seamless links to 500px, flikr, or similar.

Your most important job is to provide great content (writing and photos). Leave the design of your site to one of the free content managers (like Wordpress) so that you can concentrate on your message.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

sponsored links
gnwatts
266 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 24, 2012 11:14 |  #4292

GadgetRick wrote in post #13759908 (external link)
Not sure what it is about this photo but there seems to be some distortion here and it also seems to be tilted. Or it could just be me. :)

GadgetRick
Maybe. The columns on the right were battered pretty severely, which maes it look like it is tilted. It is a pretty typical geometry that happens with the 17mm TS-E at full adjustment, sometimes it works, sometimes not. The wood walls and columns are straight, I think it is that the lens was shifted up quite a bit and I was below and close.
Thanks for the comment.

Greg
5DII * 17mm TS-E * 24mm TS-Ell * 17-40mmL * Zeiss 35-70mm * Zeiss 80-200mm
http://gnwatts.photosh​elter.com (external link)

mtimber
Cream of the Crop
5,011 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 24, 2012 14:08 |  #4293

Have a look at how I use smugmug folks. (follow the link to my webby).

It is still Work In Progress, but it really does nearly everything I need.

"Lovely photo, you must have a really good camera"

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 24, 2012 14:59 |  #4294

gnwatts wrote in post #13760047 (external link)
GadgetRick
Maybe. The columns on the right were battered pretty severely, which maes it look like it is tilted. It is a pretty typical geometry that happens with the 17mm TS-E at full adjustment, sometimes it works, sometimes not. The wood walls and columns are straight, I think it is that the lens was shifted up quite a bit and I was below and close.
Thanks for the comment.

No worries. I also forgot to mention I like the photos otherwise. Good angles, good exposure and composition.

gnwatts
266 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 24, 2012 15:38 |  #4295

P12 wrote in post #13759675 (external link)
Kick butt photos. It's that type of image that I'm striving for.

Good job.

Thanks P12 and GadgetRick for your comments.

P12:
I agree with most of the comments about your web site. You have some fine images.
You might want to check out Photoshelter, which is what I use. They have some nice templates, nothing fancy or custom, but it suits my needs right now. Lot's of storage space also, with built in download and tracking etc.

Greg

TheReal7
Goldmember
3,574 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 24, 2012 18:32 |  #4296

GadgetRick wrote in post #13759908 (external link)
Not sure what it is about this photo but there seems to be some distortion here and it also seems to be tilted. Or it could just be me. :)

I agree! All the verticals lean to the left. :)

Nice shots though. Looks like a great place to live!

Follow me on Facebook: Natural Light Magic (external link)
Listen to my music: Fata Morgana (external link)

mikekelley
THREAD ­ STARTER
"Meow! Bark! Honk! Hiss! Grrr! Tweet!"
7,317 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 24, 2012 18:54 |  #4297

Finally made the investment in some monolights...got a bunch of Einsteins + pocketwizard MC2s. got a shoot coming up on friday, will be good to try them out.

Los Angeles-Based Architectural, Interior, And Luxury Real Estate Photography (external link)
How To Photograph Real Estate and Architecture (external link)
My Fine Art Galleries (external link)
My articles at Fstoppers.com (external link)

gnwatts
266 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 24, 2012 19:02 |  #4298

TheReal7 wrote in post #13762561 (external link)
I agree! All the verticals lean to the left. :)

Nice shots though. Looks like a great place to live!

Thanks GadgetRick and The Real7.
Corrected!
Greg

Greg

Luxury
635 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 24, 2012 20:16 |  #4299

mikekelley wrote in post #13762650 (external link)
Finally made the investment in some monolights...got a bunch of Einsteins + pocketwizard MC2s. got a shoot coming up on friday, will be good to try them out.

Stoked to see what you do with strobes!

Liam - A7r, Fuji x100, 450d and some other stuff. --- Flickr  (external link)--- http://liamgee.com (external link)

TheReal7
Goldmember
3,574 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 25, 2012 12:52 |  #4300

Do any of you guys charge travel expenses for shoots that require a lot of travel?

I have a shoot that is far out of where I normally shoot. Certain distances I charge a flat fee extra for travel but this one is about a 2 hour drive.

Do you charge by the mile/km?

Joe.Recon
674 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 25, 2012 13:24 |  #4301

I would definitely charge extra !

TheReal7 wrote in post #13766700 (external link)
Do any of you guys charge travel expenses for shoots that require a lot of travel?

I have a shoot that is far out of where I normally shoot. Certain distances I charge a flat fee extra for travel but this one is about a 2 hour drive.

Canon 5D MkIII powered through the following Canon lenses: 16-35 f2.8 L MkII, 24-70 f2.8 L MkII, 70-200 f2.8 L MkII, 17mm TS-E f4 L, 24mm TS-E f2.8 L MkII and 85mm f1.2 L MkII.
Feedback

TheReal7
Goldmember
3,574 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 25, 2012 13:29 |  #4302

Joe.Recon wrote in post #13766868 (external link)
I would definitely charge extra !

Oh I am and I told the agent that. Just curious how others go about charging for distance.

TGrundvig
Goldmember
2,876 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 25, 2012 14:57 |  #4303

Yes, but I do not have a set fee. The reason is because some places up in the mountains may not be far in distance but they take a lot longer because of all the switchbacks and slow mph I have to go on the back roads.

I have my 'area' that all falls under the normal fee structure. Once you go outside that area, there is a pretty standard trip charge. If I have to go even further outside that, then I base it on time. If I have to drive 1 hour outside my normal area to get to a home, and then an extra hour back, I charge what my time is worth for those two hours. Of course, this fee will vary with the client as well. A client that orders 20 or more a year will get a lower trip charge than one that order 2 a year.

1Ds Mk II, 1D Mk II, 50D, 40D, XT (for my son), 17-40L, 24-105L, Bigma 50-500 EX DG, Sigma 150 Macro EX DG, Tokina 12-24 AT-X, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 28-300 (for my son), 580ex II, 430ex II

Tanya ­ De ­ Leeuw
Goldmember
4,260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 25, 2012 14:59 |  #4304

There are lots of ways to charge for travel ... depends what you're comfortable with ...

You could charge $2 per km to cover gas, insurance, wear-and-tear, etc ...

And/or $20 per hour on the road for your time (time that you could have spent on other shoots) ...

Tanya De Leeuw
Facebook (external link) - Smugmug (external link) - Blog (external link)
Constructive comments are most appreciated!
Now: 1D Mark IV, 7D + 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L

Luxury
635 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 25, 2012 18:01 |  #4305

Here in BC I think the province states that you're allowed to charge $1.44 (or $1.56...can't remember) per KM travelled.

I would base it off a per KM rate and time rate --- that way you're getting compensated for both time and gas/wear.

Liam - A7r, Fuji x100, 450d and some other stuff. --- Flickr  (external link)--- http://liamgee.com (external link)

sponsored links

2,067,063 views & 1,711 likes for this thread
A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.