Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
Thread started 15 Jul 2010 (Thursday) 14:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography

pixel_junkie
Goldmember
1,994 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 04, 2018 11:20 as a reply to  @ post 18655764 |  #9421

Yes, quite a bit.

Website (external link) | Blog (external link)

sponsored links
pixel_junkie
Goldmember
1,994 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 04, 2018 11:20 |  #9422

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1782/43197471421_2b12c32b5a_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/28Pd​kh2  (external link) 120-McKnight-Dr (external link) by Pixel Junkie (external link), on Flickr

Website (external link) | Blog (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,259 posts
Gallery: 327 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 04, 2018 12:40 |  #9423

Does Landscape Architectural Photography count...especially when it ties to the architecture so much...from the first set I finished for a client in SF...still working through 2 of the 4 projects we shot in May.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

seaLere
461 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Mar 2013
Post edited 5 months ago by seaLere.

Jul 04, 2018 16:33 |  #9424

TRhoads wrote in post #18656274 (external link)
Does Landscape Architectural Photography count...especially when it ties to the architecture so much...from the first set I finished for a client in SF...still working through 2 of the 4 projects we shot in May.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by TRhoads in
./showthread.php?p=186​56274&i=i125333184
forum: Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by TRhoads in
./showthread.php?p=186​56274&i=i140194565

Dang that's an awesome little patio.

I like the composition for the second shot, but I think it would be nice to see a little less blur on the subject. The eye has to stay on it for a little too long to figure out what it is at first (in my opinion). I even think it would be cool to have the subject sitting out in the area doing something all life styling like drinking a cup of coffee lol

Sony A7RIII with Canon glass
- www.codylere.com (external link) - Architectural and Interiors Photography

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,259 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 05, 2018 13:16 |  #9425

seaLere wrote in post #18656418 (external link)
Dang that's an awesome little patio.

I like the composition for the second shot, but I think it would be nice to see a little less blur on the subject. The eye has to stay on it for a little too long to figure out what it is at first (in my opinion). I even think it would be cool to have the subject sitting out in the area doing something all life styling like drinking a cup of coffee lol

It was a great space just off the kitchen. It actually leads to the back for the house where there is more space.

The motion blur...yeah, tough call on that one. The person moving, is my client, the designer and he doesn't want to be recognized as the person in the photo so he has it be more motion like that...I would love to have been able to have the clients enjoying the space, but they rarely are up for that!

here are a couple more of that space.

From above in the second floor office.

HOSTED PHOTO

And one looking down the path to the back.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

DavidWatts
971 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined Apr 2008
Post edited 5 months ago by DavidWatts.

Jul 05, 2018 16:32 as a reply to  @ TRhoads's post |  #9426

^ That last shot.... OMG... winner! And getting all the wall in focus too. Colors, saturation and tone - all there. Good job. Don't much care for the blurry figure in the patio pic above, as the subject, and the only subject, is the space itself. Inclusion of people are OK every now and then, for scale, or purpose (large office space maybe), and should never detract the eye from the main subject, the RE. It actually made the patio appear smaller. The couch does the job for scale nicely.

That patio is terrific space! The most recent This Old House featured an very narrow outdoor patio space, with a pergola and pool, and lots of stonework that is worth looking up (last episode this previous season I think it was).

My Smugmug site (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,259 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 09, 2018 12:54 |  #9427

DavidWatts wrote in post #18656962 (external link)
^ That last shot.... OMG... winner! And getting all the wall in focus too. Colors, saturation and tone - all there. Good job. Don't much care for the blurry figure in the patio pic above, as the subject, and the only subject, is the space itself. Inclusion of people are OK every now and then, for scale, or purpose (large office space maybe), and should never detract the eye from the main subject, the RE. It actually made the patio appear smaller. The couch does the job for scale nicely.

That patio is terrific space! The most recent This Old House featured an very narrow outdoor patio space, with a pergola and pool, and lots of stonework that is worth looking up (last episode this previous season I think it was).

Thanks, that last image was one that I had to work at to get back in there in a small space, but I really liked the view from under there.

The blurry figure, we shot it both ways, and I delivered to my client both ways. This is not true RE photography, this is portfolio images for the designer, so he likes to add that human element in from time to time. Not every project, but this one he liked.

Gizmo1985
517 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Aug 01, 2018 18:53 |  #9428

just curious, but are yal shooting multiple frames or are you using 1 RAW image file and then making multiple exposures from that 1 file?

My FLICKr (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,259 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 01, 2018 19:50 |  #9429

Gizmo1985 wrote in post #18675301 (external link)
just curious, but are yal shooting multiple frames or are you using 1 RAW image file and then making multiple exposures from that 1 file?

for me it depends on the setting, if I have a lot of glass or windows and need to see what is outside, then yes, I will usually have to shoot a frame that captures that, but often I am not trying to show the outside as much for one reason or another.

texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,265 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Aug 01, 2018 20:38 |  #9430

200mm

HOSTED PHOTO

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,824 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 02, 2018 13:10 |  #9431

I often shoot multiple frames to blend in later in post using luminosity masks.

joooowan
691 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 02, 2018 13:37 |  #9432

Always bracket.

CC welcome.

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,719 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 02, 2018 16:27 |  #9433

texkam wrote in post #18675344 (external link)
200mm
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by texkam in
./showthread.php?p=186​75344&i=i230248507

Remove the reflections in the windows, the fire lane parking signage, the doors on the right and the other companies logo to the right. Also that menu to the left of the door.
It looks like you also cropped it too much cutting off the property.

My Website: http://www.amairphoto.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

seaLere
461 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Mar 2013

Aug 05, 2018 13:41 |  #9434

Part of a courthouse building and part of a technical school.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Sony A7RIII with Canon glass
- www.codylere.com (external link) - Architectural and Interiors Photography

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,824 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited 4 months ago by digital_AM. (2 edits in all)

Aug 07, 2018 08:45 |  #9435

What do you guys think of this as part of my logo? My initials are "AM" ;-)a I would then add my name to the right with emphasis on my first name and resize everything so it all lines up.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

1,399,890 views & 1,481 likes for this thread
A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.