Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 20 Jul 2010 (Tuesday) 21:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How long to expecty to have camera at Canon for Repairs/Cleaning!!

ducklabdad
579 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 20, 2010 21:37 |  #1

I need to send my XS off to have it cleaned thoroughly and checked over by Canon. It is about 18 months old and I have had to start advancing it abut 2 stops to keep from blowing out highlight areas.

This started out me needing to advance it about a stop, and now I have to advance 2 full stops which does not give me any allowance for advancing for White egrets etc... Does it with all my lenses.

If I send to Canon next monday overnight how long can I expect to do without it??? Even though I have had it "just 18 months" I would estimate that it has 36,000 activations on it.

My wife says I will go through "withdrawal" without it.

Just an "ole dog" trying to learn "new tricks"! helpful advice is always welcome!!

Canon 7d, Canon XS/ XSi,18-55, 14-40 L, 70-300, and Bigmos! my"work in progress" http://ducklabdad.smug​mug.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
ducklabdad
THREAD ­ STARTER
579 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 21, 2010 10:16 |  #2

Just wondering, what normal turn around would be for Cleaning and adjusting????

Just an "ole dog" trying to learn "new tricks"! helpful advice is always welcome!!

Canon 7d, Canon XS/ XSi,18-55, 14-40 L, 70-300, and Bigmos! my"work in progress" http://ducklabdad.smug​mug.com/ (external link)

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
56,284 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 21, 2010 10:19 |  #3

Normally about 2 weeks has been my experience but I haven't sent anything to Canon in over a year now.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

rider997
47 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jul 21, 2010 10:36 as a reply to  @ gjl711's post |  #4

I've gotten a turnaround in 2 days when I mentioned that I needed the camera back as soon as possible. I've really had quite good luck with Canon repairs on both DSLRs and P&Ss.

Amamba
Goldmember
3,684 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Jul 22, 2010 17:31 |  #5

I had mine back in 2 weeks. That was back in 07.

Ex-Canon shooter. Now Sony Nex.
Life Lessons: KISS. RTFM. Don't sweat the small stuff.
My Gear List (external link)

ocabj
Goldmember
1,120 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 22, 2010 19:48 |  #6

My friend sent in his 20D last week on Tuesday for cleaning/maintenance and it was delivered yesterday (Wed). Note that he's in Riverside and it's only 1-day delivery with any carrier between Riverside and Irvine (Canon Service Center).

Jonathan Ocab - https://www.ocabj.net (external link) - http://jocabphoto.com (external link)

samurairx7
Goldmember
1,045 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 22, 2010 20:51 |  #7

depending on what type of shipping you sent to them and how far you are from the service center also play a big role. If you do like a 3 day shipping with them servicing it for like a day or two plus if your lucky they would do 2day shipped it back could be a week. For me at least

if it's urgent and you overnight it they would most likely over night it back to you also.

harcosparky
Goldmember
2,431 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 22, 2010 20:54 |  #8

It might depend on the service center.

I had a lens shipped to New Jersey and was told " expect it back in about 2 - 3 weeks ".

Dealer told me Canon " logged it in on Monday ", I got it back about a week later.

I had the selling dealer ship it up for me.

crayzie418
635 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 22, 2010 21:52 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

Took them 9 days from drop off to pick up for my servicing

7D - 24-70L 28mm 1.8
LOOKING TO BUY: 70-200 f4L IS
Strobist

h14nha
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 24, 2010 05:30 as a reply to  @ crayzie418's post |  #10

Sent my 100-400 off just before Christmas 09 and it took 2 months. Not sure how the holiday period affected the turnaround but I was not happy. It did come back 100% though which softened the blow a bit.

Ian
There's no fool like an old skool fool :D
myflickr (external link)
My Gear - 7d, / 16-35mm F4 / 70-200 2.8 II / 100-400 / 300mm 2.8 / 500/4 :D XT-1 Graphite 18/35/56

sponsored links

1,832 views & 0 likes for this thread
How long to expecty to have camera at Canon for Repairs/Cleaning!!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.