I've been struggling for a while now. I finally reached my ideal setup 6 months ago and now I'm thinking I'd rather have primes; So I'm trying to figure out if I should sell all/some and go for it.
Im calculating in $ for now, although I think it would be more profitable to sell in europe and buy in the us (is totally feasible for me).
Line up now & how much i could sell them for:
500D 530 (refund, not adding to total)
16-35 II 1300
70-200 2.8 900
50 1.8 80
Primes Id consider (add a couple if you feel im missing an essential)
50 1 250
50 2 1225
85 1 1250
85 2 1650
24 50 85 1 100 = 2925
Mostly my setup is getting a bit too heavy and big for me to even want to carry around (95lbs small female). Like the other day when I went out with my friends I got there and I was like "Oh yeah why didn't i think to bring my camera?".. because i had the 24-70 with hood attached to the 5d sitting on my desk and probably didn't even want to try to stuff in into my handbag.
The rebel is broken (sd card sensor doesn't work anymore) so Im waiting to get to the us to get a refund on it (next week) and I dont think I will replace it because I really dont need two camera bodies at the moment.
So keep the 5D and sell the zooms and buy the primes? Id end up making money. I love the weight of the rebel but I LOOOOOOVE the FF. I've been trying so hard to convince myself not to buy the 5D2 but recently I've been giving into the craving. (They're actually a lot cheaper in Europe - used - so maybe Ill pick up one soon, even-though I got a killer deal on my 5D.) Although I really did want to wait until the 5D3 came out to pick up a cheaper 5D2, so I think I will stick with my 5D for now.
I guess this is just a thread for someone to think out loud with me with things I havent considered yet I have a flash and tripod so thats beside the point. I'm not interested in the 7D so dont even suggest it.