Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk 
Thread started 25 Jul 2010 (Sunday) 21:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Stop-motion photography using my Canon 20D

introvert ­ images
59 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 25, 2010 21:32 |  #1

I've been exploring many creative avenues with photography. I love this art form; it's theraputic in providing total freedom to express a variety of thoughts and ideas visually. I decided to finally put iMovie (Apple) to use after having it for over a year.

Stop-motion photography has always been interesting in me; it reminds me of the traditional method of motion pictures. I put together a short film entitled, "Casting Call', with about 1000 grainy B&W photographs. I used my very trusty Canon 20D with EF 28-105mm lens. I few images in the beginning of the film were used with my 'nifty-fifty' EF 50mm. After learning the editing functions of iMovie, I scaled down my shots and created my first peice.

Again, this is my first!

Enjoy,
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=vOuDNCTd8-Q (external link)

Canon 20D~~EF 50mm f/1.8 II~~EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II~~ EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5
Canon AE-1 (35mm)~~~www.introvertimages​.net~~~

Tomi ­ Hawk
Goldmember
1,686 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 25, 2010 21:49 |  #2

ahh man! very well put together, and well thought out .. I really enjoyed the sound-track and can't imagine all the hard work involved .. bravo!

how long did this take you from first planning to you-tube?

Once again .. bw!

introvert ­ images
THREAD ­ STARTER
59 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 25, 2010 21:59 |  #3

Wow, thank Tomi! The photographs of the actress was taken in one shot, which lasted about an hour and a half. That alone was over 1000 shots! The beginning is a collection of freelance photographs I took over the last two weeks. I never used iMovie before so it took quite a while to get familiar with the various functions. I hate to say, but editing probably took about three or four hours easily.

Thanks for checking it out and providing your feedback!

Canon 20D~~EF 50mm f/1.8 II~~EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II~~ EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5
Canon AE-1 (35mm)~~~www.introvertimages​.net~~~

Tomi ­ Hawk
Goldmember
1,686 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 25, 2010 22:04 |  #4

introvert images wrote in post #10602524 (external link)
Wow, thank Tomi! The photographs of the actress was taken in one shot, which lasted about an hour and a half. That alone was over 1000 shots! The beginning is a collection of freelance photographs I took over the last two weeks. I never used iMovie before so it took quite a while to get familiar with the various functions. I hate to say, but editing probably took about three or four hours easily.

Thanks for checking it out and providing your feedback!

Oh you're very welcome .. and what took you 3 or 4 hours, could easlily have taken me 3 or 4 weeks lol!

Keep up the great work! ;)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,637 views & 0 likes for this thread
Stop-motion photography using my Canon 20D
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.