Ok, so I cannot understand why I am really asking myself this question, but is the 7D too much for me considering my shooting style and subjects? I think I keep asking because I was up for the 50D then I talked myself into the 7D for these reasons.
1. Newer technology = tech improvements as with anything new
2. Better AF system
3. FPS sounded good
4. Figured if I got it I would not want to look back and would not regret it
And now that I have it here are the reasons I find myself questioning it...
1. Money in the bank - would save over $500 by dropping back to the 50D
2. My main shooting subjects are nature & landscape
3. My lenses may be holding me back (see gear) when paired with the 7D?
4. Have learned the ins and outs of the improved AF and not really sure if any of the benefits are applied to me since I don't shoot fast moving subjects that require super fast AF tracking.
I need some help and maybe a sanity check. I am still somewhat of a beginner when it comes to the finer controls of a camera, but am I over thinking this? Or would a 50D do the trick for me just as well as the 7D when it comes to my shooting style and subjects? I shoot for hobby only, not really an every day type just on the weekends and stuff like that.
Oh, and I know that there may be a few people that will tell me to go FF and all that, I don't want to seem rude but I really just want to know the difference in these two cameras as I would like to make a decision soon as to whether to jump on the 50D or not.
Take it easy on me, I know this type of comparison has been made before but I have read all the threads comparing and ISO tests and indoor shots and all that really make it difficult for me to see a real world type scenario comparison. I have searched for this answer all over the web, you guys seems to have the most knowledge, and without further typing by me, let's hear what you have to say!