Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 31 Jul 2010 (Saturday) 19:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How good/bad is this monitor?

CW ­ Jones
737 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 31, 2010 19:02 |  #1

I picked this monitor up a few years ago, before I was even into photography or graphic design. It was cheap and for some reason I didn't want a widescreen? who knows why though, just wondering how good/bad this monitor is...

It is a LG L1933TR

I feel that my MBP has a better screen on it by quite a bit. Should I be looking for a better monitor? I want/need to run 2 monitor so I can be a little more organized and such with school starting back up soon.

Thanks in advance!

Any recommendations for screens?

-Collin
Canon 30D Gripped + The "Budget Trinity" of lenses.
Full Gear List Here
Flickr (external link)
Razzi (external link)

MaxxuM
Goldmember
3,361 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined May 2007

Aug 01, 2010 01:32 |  #2

It's a gamers monitor which means it probably isn't great for photo work. If your MBP is a 09 or 10 model then yes, it's probably better color wise than this LG. There are several threads in this forum with people looking for good monitor advice. I'd start searching them out. This thread (link) is a good place to start. Plan on paying $300 and up for a good monitor though. At least that's been my experience. If you're looking for a more serious monitor then you can take a look at this Dell (link (external link)), but if you're going to spend that much you might as well get the Apple (link (external link)) that comes with the MBP connections already.

CW ­ Jones
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 01, 2010 08:44 |  #3

Ya I kind of figured it wasn't a great monitor, but I got it when I built my computer a very long time ago. Since then that computer doesn't have an OS on it because we tried to hackintosh it lol

I will defiantly look into some of those recommendations, the $800+ one might be a little much right now haha I was looking around the $300 market for one but that budget might increase now.

Thanks for the quick and helpful response!

-Collin
Canon 30D Gripped + The "Budget Trinity" of lenses.
Full Gear List Here
Flickr (external link)
Razzi (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

619 views & 0 likes for this thread
How good/bad is this monitor?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.