Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Aug 2010 (Tuesday) 04:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D Freezes or locks up.

drchandra
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 27, 2012 13:48 |  #31

I have the same problem.
Today during shooting, the camera would just freezes. Not even the on/off button works.
The only solution is to take battery off. But that is very irritating.
I have seen a number of people experiencing the same problem. Is it after the Firmware 2.0 upgrade.
If yes then, what is the solution.
Is Canon listening ?

sponsored links
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
39,157 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Aug 27, 2012 14:25 |  #32

drchandra wrote in post #14913512 (external link)
I have the same problem.
Today during shooting, the camera would just freezes. Not even the on/off button works.
The only solution is to take battery off. But that is very irritating.
I have seen a number of people experiencing the same problem. Is it after the Firmware 2.0 upgrade.

Seems to be

If yes then, what is the solution.

Canon would be the solution

Is Canon listening ?

I am not sure, one would have to call Canon to find out.

Discussions around this can be found in the onging firmware thread: https://photography-on-the.net …ead.php?t=12012​44&page=24

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

issue1
57 posts
Joined May 2012

Nov 23, 2012 17:58 |  #33

I experienced this two nights ago while shooting a gig. It only happened twice but I freaked out for a minute because I could not switch it off!! Pulled battery out, then straight back in, fired it up and was good to go. Not happy though

7D | Tokina 11-16mm 2.8
500px (external link)
The best photos are the ones you get if you actually venture out shooting instead of sitting at home

issue1
57 posts
Joined May 2012

Nov 23, 2012 17:59 |  #34

I forgot to add my 7D came with 2.0 installed from factory so I'm not sure if this is a firmware issue.

7D | Tokina 11-16mm 2.8
500px (external link)
The best photos are the ones you get if you actually venture out shooting instead of sitting at home

Syndicated ­ Design
21 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Nov 23, 2012 18:35 as a reply to  @ issue1's post |  #35

I have the latest firmware and I also noticed this issue of locking up after going to sleep. I believe I was in AV or TV mode when this happend. I don't notice the issue with M. Really need to know the sequence to duplicate the issue when sending into Canon.

artyman
Sleepless in Hampshire
14,412 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 24, 2012 03:45 |  #36

This problem was addressed in the latest update 2.0.3

Art that takes you there. http://www.artyman.co.​uk (external link)
Ken
Canon 7D, 350D, 15-85, 18-55, 75-300, Cosina 100 Macro, Sigma 120-300

brotobeast
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Mar 2017

Mar 15, 2017 21:07 |  #37

i am looking for people who have had problems with the pcb board going bad. i started using the video side of my camera in the last 9 months and imy camera started to freeze up and i could not reset by turning off and on i had to remove the battery to get it to start again. the problem started to get worse to the point where the camera stopped working. the camera is out of warranty and i did send it to canon and they want 400+ to fix it and i told them that they have a problem with this camera. i am reaching out to others now who have had a same problem. i want to try and get a recall started or start a class action suit to force them to repair it and also reimburse anyone who has paid for the fix. this should not be happening to a camera that is only a couple years old. if canon does not want to stand by their product then maybe the courts can make them. i am a canon fan up until this point i also have a 6d, t3 and a ton of lenses. how they have treated this issue with me has left a bad taste in my mouth to the point i am ready to sell everything and go to another brand. i also want to help others who have had this problem so they are not out a camera. please email me lookingatyoutoo@gmail.​com and let me know your experience with this problem. if you know others who have please reach out to me and lets get this problem fixed.

Customer@cits.canon.co​m here is an email address of canon that i would like anyone who has this problem to start emailing them about it. this is the guy i have been dealing with and hitting a brick wall with. right now we have worked it out to just pay for the part but i still feel this is a defect in the 70d and a few other cameras that feature the same board. the only way to make a difference is to be heard so let canon hear it loud and clear!

sponsored links

27,098 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D Freezes or locks up.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.