Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 06 Aug 2010 (Friday) 16:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How to remove B1 head from Benro c-269 tripod

hania
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 06, 2010 16:36 |  #1

I can't get this head off - the various photos I see imply that the head comes off - I assumed I could just unscrew it - but it doesn't move.

Help!

Gear List

sponsored links
klr.b
Goldmember
2,509 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 06, 2010 21:58 |  #2

there may be some set screws that need to be loosened. look under the top plate of the center column. there should be 3 screws under there.

gordon
Gear and Feedback

Lyndön
Goldmember
2,255 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 06, 2010 22:03 |  #3

Yeah, I don't have a benro, but that is exactly how my manfrotto head works. Screws on, then locked in place with 3 set screws. I'd assume there is some sort of locking mechanism to keep it from coming off under normal use.

GEAR LIST

hania
THREAD ­ STARTER
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 07, 2010 02:54 |  #4

Josh_30 wrote in post #10676002 (external link)
Yeah, I don't have a benro, but that is exactly how my manfrotto head works. Screws on, then locked in place with 3 set screws. I'd assume there is some sort of locking mechanism to keep it from coming off under normal use.

blush............I saw them and did remove them.............but then was left with a 'hole' rather than screw I assumed would be there (I wanted to put another head on the benro)...............I thought putting a new head on only involved unscrewing it (as with my Manfrotto head) ...............blush

Gear List

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 07, 2010 04:44 |  #5

hania,

I assume the "hole" has a thread? Most heads use a 3/8th UNC stud, although 1/4 is used on some. If the stud will not release from the old head, then any photo shop should be able to sell you another.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

klr.b
Goldmember
2,509 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 07, 2010 06:32 |  #6

sorry, i guess i left out the obvious. after loosening the set screws, lock the panning knob, and grasp it firmly under the panning base, and twist the whole ballhead off.

you may have twisted the ballhead off with the stud inside. get a wrench and remove the stud. benro usually uses a double sided stud with 3/8 on one side and 1/4 on the other. put that stud back in the top plate of the center column and put whatever new ballhead on top of that.

gordon
Gear and Feedback

hania
THREAD ­ STARTER
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 07, 2010 12:30 |  #7

klr.b wrote in post #10677268 (external link)
sorry, i guess i left out the obvious. after loosening the set screws, lock the panning knob, and grasp it firmly under the panning base, and twist the whole ballhead off.

you may have twisted the ballhead off with the stud inside. get a wrench and remove the stud. benro usually uses a double sided stud with 3/8 on one side and 1/4 on the other. put that stud back in the top plate of the center column and put whatever new ballhead on top of that.

ah - thats what I did wrong - never thought of locking the panning know - never had a ball head before.

Yes- I twisted it off with the stud inside - which really puzzled me!

as always - this forum never disappoints - never had a question/problem that hasn't been answered.

Thanks again

Gear List

klr.b
Goldmember
2,509 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 07, 2010 15:19 |  #8

no problem. i was switching my ballhead between tripods a lot, so i picked up a lot of things along the way. if you lock the panning knob, you're able to grip more of the ballhead above the panning base. otherwise, you must grip it below the base.

gordon
Gear and Feedback

sponsored links

6,811 views & 0 likes for this thread
How to remove B1 head from Benro c-269 tripod
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.