Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 09 Aug 2010 (Monday) 09:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: How to photograph a high school Senior

this thread is locked
umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
11,096 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 26, 2012 19:59 |  #6316

sevillafox wrote in post #13971923 (external link)
Or D, the unique moments photography without the extra (UM) thing.....and why is it so pixellated? ;) Skin looks great!

I like your idea but it's not an option. Someone else grabbed it so I can't use it. They want to sell it to me for an insane amount of money so I told them to pound sand.

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
tmoore323
Goldmember
1,945 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 26, 2012 20:07 |  #6317

umphotography wrote in post #13971887 (external link)
Or C:lol:

C, but drop it lower to the left...

USER876
Goldmember
1,616 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 27, 2012 06:58 |  #6318

umphotography wrote in post #13972206 (external link)
I like your idea but it's not an option. Someone else grabbed it so I can't use it. They want to sell it to me for an insane amount of money so I told them to pound sand.

That is interesting, how do you go about trademarking your business name?

captevo
539 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 27, 2012 07:42 |  #6319

umphotography wrote in post #13971830 (external link)
OK

Im limited as to what i can do with our logo in Lightroom. This is where I import and export everything and I don't want to mess around with sending it to photo shop every time i want to add a watermark,,,,,,,,,So A or B,,let me know,,,Im partial to A but its as far to the left as i can get it:mad:

A

IMAGE NOT FOUND PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i195.photobucke​t.com …aby12/A97W3785-Edit-1.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

B

QUOTED IMAGE

You can save your logo as png, create new watermark profile in Lightroom and set it to use pmg instead of text.

Hi! I'm Bau NGUYEN. I'm a prime-o-holic, and I'm addicted to creamy bokeh. :p
My flickr (external link) | facebook (external link) | www.baunguyen.com (external link) | 5px (external link)

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
11,096 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 27, 2012 17:45 as a reply to  @ captevo's post |  #6320

Hey Peeps

Found this in the wedding forum. If you dont know this,, You should. Its also a good thing to print off and review before you get to your locations to shoot. I always forget about the silhouettes and reflections. Cant stress enough how important telephoto compression is for your portraits

Good stuff

http://www.digital-photography-school.com …ues-for-amazing-portraits (external link)

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 27, 2012 19:04 |  #6321

umphotography wrote in post #13978705 (external link)
Hey Peeps

Found this in the wedding forum. If you dont know this,, You should. Its also a good thing to print off and review before you get to your locations to shoot. I always forget about the silhouettes and reflections. Cant stress enough how important telephoto compression is for your portraits

Good stuff

http://www.digital-photography-school.com …ues-for-amazing-portraits (external link)

Thank you. Tomorrow I'm going to be doing more work for a senior at our church. We were hoping for some location work where we could do "street musician" looks, but latest weather has tomorrow full of thunderstorms, so I guess I'm setting up my backgrounds and doing some more "regular" stuff. Will review and hope that I keep impressing him. :)

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,711 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 27, 2012 19:43 |  #6322

wuzzittoya wrote in post #13979246 (external link)
Thank you. Tomorrow I'm going to be doing more work for a senior at our church. We were hoping for some location work where we could do "street musician" looks, but latest weather has tomorrow full of thunderstorms, so I guess I'm setting up my backgrounds and doing some more "regular" stuff. Will review and hope that I keep impressing him. :)

Do you have anywhere nearby that has covered awnings? It makes for nice natural, directional light and sometimes its easy to find interesting backgrounds! Good luck! :D

Shane
flickr (external link)

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 27, 2012 19:50 |  #6323

JakAHearts wrote in post #13979494 (external link)
Do you have anywhere nearby that has covered awnings? It makes for nice natural, directional light and sometimes its easy to find interesting backgrounds! Good luck! :D

No... we're very rural here, and I can't think of a single awning. One person has built a covered porch I think? :(

I can do the indoor stuff. We don't have a lot, and nothing that is completely artificially lit (we have one with flash for fill light only). I picked up a CPL in case I need it for when we're doing pictures with his sax - worried a bit about glare from it. I know that some people use them for car shows, etc., so figure it could be helpful with gleaming metallic instruments, too. :)

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
11,096 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 27, 2012 20:18 as a reply to  @ post 13971923 |  #6324

This is the final edit on this shot before it gets shipped to her agency on friday. Dodged the highlights and burned in a bit more contrast in the shadow areas. Used portraiture at 76% opacity.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i195.photobucke​t.com …12/A97W3829-Edit-Edit.jpg (external link)

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

RandyMN
Goldmember
3,131 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 27, 2012 20:22 |  #6325

umphotography wrote in post #13979725 (external link)
This is the final edit on this shot before it gets shipped to her agency on friday. Dodged the highlights and burned in a bit more contrast in the shadow areas. Used portraiture at 76% opacity.

Can I ask one question? It's a great shot but the pupils looks so unnatural? Is it me or are you photo shopping those in? It just seems to me that although enlarged pupils look better, they should fall someone naturally in the center of the iris.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Rich1971
92 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Feb 27, 2012 21:06 as a reply to  @ RandyMN's post |  #6326

Here is my skin softening contribution. I dont use any of the portraiture programs or add-ons, I simply use a gaussian blur over select areas of the skin then adjust opacity to taste. I like to see texture in the skin, Im not a fan of the porceline look, skin has texture, your helping someone look better, not fake. I just sharpen the eyes and sometimes lips , jewelery,etc... with a mask with high pass sharpening technique.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Rich
"Yes I am serious... And don't call me Shirley" - L. Nielson
Canon 50d / 580ex II / 24-70L 2.8 / EF28-135/ EF70-300/ EF85 1.8-elichrom 4d lite. Paul Buff White Lightning X-1600.Paul Buff Octa/Strip Bank/Large Softbox

Rich1971
92 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Feb 27, 2012 21:10 |  #6327

umphotography wrote in post #13979725 (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE

Mike,
I almost bought this same fabric! Joann Fabrics,right? I think they have a sliver and pink also I saw. Cool shot. I like your skin processing. SKIN HAS TEXTURE!! :) I think I am going to pick up some of that fabric soon. Looks Good. Mike , my only nitpick would be her left cheek, looks a little rough. If it's me I apologize.

Rich
"Yes I am serious... And don't call me Shirley" - L. Nielson
Canon 50d / 580ex II / 24-70L 2.8 / EF28-135/ EF70-300/ EF85 1.8-elichrom 4d lite. Paul Buff White Lightning X-1600.Paul Buff Octa/Strip Bank/Large Softbox

SYS
Cream of the Crop
10,491 posts
Gallery: 233 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2004

Feb 27, 2012 21:16 |  #6328

Subscribing

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear

RandyMN
Goldmember
3,131 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 27, 2012 21:17 |  #6329

SYS wrote in post #13980024 (external link)
Subscribing

LOL- Kind of late in the game... Posts have been going on for some time.

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,711 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 27, 2012 21:18 |  #6330

Its never to late! :D

Shane
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,761,781 views & 2 likes for this thread
How to photograph a high school Senior
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.