So i spent a long lunch hour fiddling with the 5dmkii. I must say that i convinced myself that i can stick it through with the focus system but after spending some time with it, its utterly painful in comparison to the d300s. My nikon focuses instantly without hesistation and i found myself waiting for the 5d to focus.
As such, i still want to make the switch to canon, but now considering going with the 7D for the time being, so that i can begin investing in the lenses and eventually upgrade to full frame when they release one that meets my needs/wants.
Assuming i can sell my d300s, looks like i will be making almost an even swap, with little out of pocket if any.
Would you say this would be a good switch, being that i will be moving to something similar to what i have now but with canon color rendition