Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 18 Aug 2010 (Wednesday) 04:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How to set 1Ds Classic Personal Functions?

slr_noob
536 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 18, 2010 04:57 |  #1

I tried to search, but nothing shows up.

Does anyone know how to change the personal functions on a 1Ds Classic? My friend would like to change a couple personal functions on his 1Ds Classic, but I couldn't find a procedure how to change them from a computer. I got the body connected to a computer, but couldn't figure out how to do it after an hour.

TIA

Canon 7D
-580EX II
-24-105 f/4L IS USM (Now fixed!)

sponsored links
TTk
Goldmember
2,518 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 18, 2010 05:11 |  #2

Use the Canon EOS Utility disk connect your camera to your computer set what you require and save it.:-)

The 1D classic settings can be set the same way but I think you (if using Window's) have to use XP, but someone else will chime in shortly.:-)

Terry.:cool:
http://www.terrykirton.co/ (external link)
http://www.ttkphotogra​phy.com/ (external link)
http://www.langtoftpho​tography.com/ (external link)

(external link)

TaDa
...as cool as Perry
6,742 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 18, 2010 06:28 |  #3

Personal functions can only be changed through the EOS Utility, which requires the firewire connection on pre-1D3 bodies.

Name is Peter and here is my gear:
Canon 5D II, Canon 7D, Canon 40D
Glass - Zeiss 21 f/2.8 ZE, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 40 f/2.8 STM, Canon 24-70 f/2.8
L, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 500 f/4L IS
Speedlite 580ex II, 430ex - Gitzo GT-3541XLS w/ Arca B1

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,288 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Aug 18, 2010 06:52 as a reply to  @ TaDa's post |  #4

I have a pdf with the user's manual for EOS Utility 2.4, the version which is for cameras released prior to 2006. If you send me a PM with an e-mail address, I can send the pdf.

Anders

slr_noob
THREAD ­ STARTER
536 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 19, 2010 04:35 |  #5

Is it possible to do it on the latest EOS utility?

Canon 7D
-580EX II

E ­ James ­ P
Goldmember
1,144 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 19, 2010 05:54 |  #6

What ver. of windows are you using because the driver for the 1Ds only goes to to win. XP and if you use win.vista or 7 you will have to use compatibility mode and and you should be able to use any ver EOS utility . And I know this works with the 32bit of vista and or 7 but don't know if it works for 64bit ver.

Gearflickr (external link)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) . "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

E ­ James ­ P
Goldmember
1,144 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 19, 2010 05:57 |  #7

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=497270
This is the thread for the 1Ds and not for the 1Ds Mark II or III and the same info I gave you is in this thread as well, Good luck

Gearflickr (external link)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) . "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

slr_noob
THREAD ­ STARTER
536 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 19, 2010 14:49 |  #8

kohr2000 wrote in post #10749032 (external link)
What ver. of windows are you using because the driver for the 1Ds only goes to to win. XP and if you use win.vista or 7 you will have to use compatibility mode and and you should be able to use any ver EOS utility . And I know this works with the 32bit of vista and or 7 but don't know if it works for 64bit ver.

I have XP. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Canon 7D
-580EX II

hpulley
Goldmember
4,390 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 19, 2010 15:41 |  #9

Yes, the latest version of EosUtility works fine. Windows XP works fine. Install the latest XP drivers from canonusa.com and you'll be good to go. Firewire only, the USB connection on the old 1D bodies is just for printing.

flickr (external link) 1DIIN 40D 1NRS 650 1.4xII EF12II Pel8 50f1.8I 28-80II 17-40L 24-70L 100-400L 177A 199A OC-E3 RS-80N3

sponsored links

2,396 views & 0 likes for this thread
How to set 1Ds Classic Personal Functions?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.