Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Sep 2010 (Thursday) 05:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1ds3 Exif data...adding copyright status in camera

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 02, 2010 05:01 |  #1

Hi guys,

I've recently acquired the Ds3 and noticed on my Exif data in Lightroom there is no data displayed for the photographer or the copyright status.

I've tried to manually find the section in camera and on the Eos Utility but can't seem to make any headway with it.

Is the feature even available, I can do it on my 5D2?

Thanks!
Chris

Chris Giles Photography

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,113 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 02, 2010 05:57 |  #2

You can do it through EOS Utility on the 5D Mark II, and on the newer cameras, like the 7D, 1D Mark IV and 550D, directly in the camera.

Anders

Gel
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 02, 2010 11:55 |  #3

No luck on the Ds3 though I'm afraid.

Still can't get my files to be copyrighted by default. :(

Chris Giles Photography

hpulley
Goldmember
4,390 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 02, 2010 14:59 |  #4

It is in EOS Utility. Connect using USB cable, open EOS Utility, go to tethered/remote shooting and camera settings, go to camera settings, set the camera owner.

flickr (external link) 1DIIN 40D 1NRS 650 1.4xII EF12II Pel8 50f1.8I 28-80II 17-40L 24-70L 100-400L 177A 199A OC-E3 RS-80N3

dKweddings.net
Goldmember
1,472 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 09, 2010 15:59 |  #5

hpulley wrote in post #10838354 (external link)
It is in EOS Utility. Connect using USB cable, open EOS Utility, go to tethered/remote shooting and camera settings, go to camera settings, set the camera owner.

Yep that's how I do it in my 5DII. Haven't tired with the 1Ds3. With the 1DIV it has it built in on the camera menus.

Did you figure it out yet Gel?

-David

www.dKweddings.net (external link) || www.facebook.com/dKwed​dings (external link) || www.facebook.com/david​ucla (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,630 views & 0 likes for this thread
1ds3 Exif data...adding copyright status in camera
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.