Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Sep 2010 (Thursday) 20:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Any 70-200L f/4L IS deals?

JLai81
736 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 09, 2010 20:24 |  #1

I'm planning to purchase the 70-200 f/4L IS within the week. I was wondering if any deals were going on for this lens or if B&H pricing is as good as it gets right now.

Thanks ahead. :D

Gear List

sponsored links
fibrepunk
461 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 09, 2010 21:36 |  #2

B&H price is as good as it gets right now. And likely price will continue to go up due to the increase in the value of the yen lately. Or if you look at the for sale forum, you might find a deal there? Else if you can wait until Canon comes out with their rebate..

My Gears l HeatWare (external link)
- For Sale: Broken cameras for CLP

Asterisk
890 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 09, 2010 22:01 |  #3

JLai81 wrote in post #10881526 (external link)
I'm planning to purchase the 70-200 f/4L IS within the week. I was wondering if any deals were going on for this lens or if B&H pricing is as good as it gets right now.

Thanks ahead. :D

You can do about $10 better with Beach or BuyDig, both reputable stores.

http://www.canonpricew​atch.com …0mm-f4L-IS-USM-price.html (external link)

B&H and Adorama are closed for the rest of the week, so this may be your only option...

JLai81
THREAD ­ STARTER
736 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 09, 2010 22:32 |  #4

I also wonder which stores have the new neutral white L lenses...

I'd much rather have the new white vs the old off white.

Gear List

headshokfatty
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 10, 2010 00:52 |  #5

Check B&H used store. I just returned a 70-200 f4 IS last week (might not post till after the holiday), it was in perfect condition, I put a UV filter on it upon unboxing, used it in my backyard, it sat for a few days, used it once more doing a bunch of test shots and returned it as I just couldnt justify the cost increase over my 55-250. I know some are going to frown at me, but if they didnt want people returning lenses they would put a "for replacement only" clause on them. Anyway, I'm sure they'll still make money on it, but the 5% discount or so that they post it for can be your gain.

shagaholik
478 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 10, 2010 07:21 |  #6

JLai81 wrote in post #10882145 (external link)
I also wonder which stores have the new neutral white L lenses...

I'd much rather have the new white vs the old off white.

are they releasing updates for current lenses in neutral white? I thought the neutral white is only for the 4 new lenses and 2 extenders.

[Feedback]

JLai81
THREAD ­ STARTER
736 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 10, 2010 07:23 |  #7

headshokfatty wrote in post #10882730 (external link)
Check B&H used store. I just returned a 70-200 f4 IS last week (might not post till after the holiday), it was in perfect condition, I put a UV filter on it upon unboxing, used it in my backyard, it sat for a few days, used it once more doing a bunch of test shots and returned it as I just couldnt justify the cost increase over my 55-250. I know some are going to frown at me, but if they didnt want people returning lenses they would put a "for replacement only" clause on them. Anyway, I'm sure they'll still make money on it, but the 5% discount or so that they post it for can be your gain.

Was the lens the old off-white or the new neutral white? I'm wondering if B&H's inventory is the new stock.

I'm probably gonna pick up a new one, but thanks for your info.

Gear List

JLai81
THREAD ­ STARTER
736 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 10, 2010 09:10 |  #8

shagaholik wrote in post #10883767 (external link)
are they releasing updates for current lenses in neutral white? I thought the neutral white is only for the 4 new lenses and 2 extenders.

"This new shade of white will be used with all L-series telephoto lenses and extenders beginning in the second half of 2010."

Source: http://usa.canon.com …il&docId=0901e0​24801e8289 (external link)

Gear List

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,604 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 10, 2010 15:02 |  #9

They should switch to BLACK not even-whiter! :)

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

headshokfatty
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 10, 2010 15:30 |  #10

JLai81 wrote in post #10883779 (external link)
Was the lens the old off-white or the new neutral white? I'm wondering if B&H's inventory is the new stock.

I'm probably gonna pick up a new one, but thanks for your info.

I think it was the old white, although the only other L lenses I have held are well used ones, I never did check out the date code on the lens.

skier860
55 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 14, 2010 18:53 |  #11

Adorama sells refurbs for a decent price and a one year guaranty (from Adorama). They don't show any now because they sell pretty fast but usually get some every month. I got one and it is like new.

sponsored links

1,140 views & 0 likes for this thread
Any 70-200L f/4L IS deals?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.