I did the hike from the Diamond Head parking lot area to Elfin Lakes and back (22km total) one day a few weeks back. The light was harsh as it was a really nice day out but I managed to get some pix that I really liked. Here are a few. C&C welcome. Full album is here: http://www.millionflame.com …Parks/GaribaldiDiamond01/
1) Wildflowers abound with Mount Garibaldi in the background
2) Interesting rock formations. Just layers upon layers of rock here.
3) Follow the icy path to the lakes.....
4) Snow and melt-water = breeding ground for armies of mosquitoes and black flies!
5) The drinking water lake of Elfin Lakes.
6) The whole of the swimming lake of Elfin Lakes. Also the first lake you see when approaching from the trail.
7) That way to the mountain!