Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 15 Sep 2010 (Wednesday) 23:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

D7000 is that for real?

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,925 posts
Gallery: 1738 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Sep 16, 2010 09:33 |  #61

reng2009 wrote in post #10919763 (external link)
Some of you are missing the point. The D7000 offers many pro features in a very affordable package for consumers. That it compares well to the 7D is most remarkable. That its IQ is almost comparable to the D3 is most remarkable.

With the recent release of the 60D, Canon won't have a good response in this category for another year or two. That gives Nikon free reign in this segment in the foreseeable future, and it will hurt Canon's bottom line (in photography).

Say what? Aside from Chase Jarvis' slightly biased photos and video floating around, and even he states his opinion is not a review, where are you getting that the IQ of the D7k is almost comparable to the D3?

Or did you mean it in a relative sense, because any digital camera is "comparable" to one another... (it's either comparatively good, or comparatively bad).

Having more features with a cheaper price tag is GOOD for everyone. One can hope/expect the trend to continue and ultimately, IF/WHEN *I* need to upgrade years from now, I will gladly pay less to have more.

A camera is a tool. If your hobby is collecting the best camera body you can afford, and not photography, and if the D7k really tickles your fancy, then get the D7k. Simple as that. Because ultimately, even if you switch and get the D7k, someone will still tell you that you should have gotten the D3s.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
Elisha
577 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 16, 2010 10:19 |  #62

The funny thing is that Canon developed the 60D with compromise to compete with the D90. And now it looks like Noink scrapped the lateral successor to the D90 and went up a couple of steps with the D7000.
Unless they are gonna come out with the D90 successor later on.

Nikon D750
flickr (external link)

Stealthy ­ Ninja
Cream of the Crop
14,387 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Location: Mythical Tasmania (the one with lots of tall buildings in the semi-tropics, A.K.A. Hong Kong)

Sep 16, 2010 10:25 |  #63
bannedPermanent ban

Why are so many 7D owners acting so defensive right now?!

???

:p

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,925 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Sep 16, 2010 10:44 |  #64

Stealthy Ninja wrote in post #10920495 (external link)
Why are so many 7D owners acting so defensive right now?!

???

Because ninjas cannot be trusted.

Manufacturer competition is good for the consumer. I welcome new/better cameras at more affordable pricing. (I hope they do something similar for FF.) :lol:

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Destractions
391 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 16, 2010 10:58 |  #65

jwcdds wrote in post #10920599 (external link)
Because ninjas cannot be trusted.

Manufacturer competition is good for the consumer. I welcome new/better cameras at more affordable pricing. (I hope they do something similar for FF.) :lol:

Absolutely, I hope micro 4:3 cameras eat into canons rebel sales so they are forced to retaliate with their own mirrorless model.

The unholy trinity:
EF 70-200mm F4 \ & Tamron-F 2X TC
EFS 17-55mm f/2.8
EFS 10-22mm

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,925 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Sep 16, 2010 11:04 |  #66

Destractions wrote in post #10920676 (external link)
Absolutely, I hope micro 4:3 cameras eat into canons rebel sales so they are forced to retaliate with their own mirrorless model.

As much as I like the way "mirrorless" sounds (less moving parts to break)... I'm not convinced with EVF performance. I'm sure with time, it'll keep getting better, but at least for *my* requirements, it's still at least a decade away. :lol:

Julian

pknight
Goldmember
2,693 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 16, 2010 11:04 |  #67

fatrat wrote in post #10919047 (external link)
I just don’t want to buy a 7D and Canon release something like the D7000 soon.

Then forget photography, or any technical pursuit. There will always be something better coming, sooner or later. If you can't bear to live though Canon's product cycle, then resign yourself to switching brands every year or so.

Digital EOS 90D Canon: EF 50mm f/1.8 II, EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, Life-Size Converter EF Tamron: SP 17-50mm f/2.8 DiII, 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 DiII VC HLD, SP 150-600 f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2, SP 70-200 f/2.8 Di VC USD, 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 DiII VC HLD Sigma: 30mm f/1.4 DC Art Rokinon: 8mm f/3.5 AS IF UMC

Destractions
391 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 16, 2010 11:22 |  #68

jwcdds wrote in post #10920723 (external link)
As much as I like the way "mirrorless" sounds (less moving parts to break)... I'm not convinced with EVF performance. I'm sure with time, it'll keep getting better, but at least for *my* requirements, it's still at least a decade away. :lol:

Ya well I'm certainly not looking to buy one right now either, but I'd definatley like the option from Canon and if they start now they can get a head start on Nikon. :lol:

The unholy trinity:
EF 70-200mm F4 \ & Tamron-F 2X TC
EFS 17-55mm f/2.8
EFS 10-22mm

Lore
Damn I failed the goat
2,966 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 16, 2010 11:43 as a reply to  @ Destractions's post |  #69

mmmm... ppl jumping ship makes for great deals in the market place.

Lore
flickr (external link) - Website (external link) - Blography (external link)
"Every photograph tells a story, What's your story?"

RL.
Goldmember
1,040 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 16, 2010 11:44 |  #70
bannedPermanent ban

Glenn NK wrote in post #10918496 (external link)
I went to DPReview and did the side by side comparison. 7D and D7000.

Which one has the edge? If one does, then it's not a "blow away" edge that I can see. Well maybe the Nikon has the edge because it has a longer name. I wonder if that will offset the cost of lenses?

this post made my day

Canon > Nikon

AngryCorgi
-Bouncing Boy- a POTN peion
11,547 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Location: Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...

Sep 16, 2010 12:19 |  #71

jwcdds wrote in post #10920599 (external link)
Manufacturer competition is good for the consumer.

Exactly. Nobody should get defensive about new products getting released. When manufacturers compete, we all win!

Unless you shoot Leica, but then you also probably wear old "members only" jackets from the 80's too, so there's really no helping you people anyway. :D

AngryCorgi (external link) (aka Tom) ...Tools...

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

JackProton
Goldmember
2,348 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 16, 2010 13:04 |  #72

Elisha wrote in post #10920469 (external link)
The funny thing is that Canon developed the 60D with compromise to compete with the D90. And now it looks like Noink scrapped the lateral successor to the D90 and went up a couple of steps with the D7000.
Unless they are gonna come out with the D90 successor later on.

Seriously funny. Yep, now Canon will have to resuscitate the original semi-pro 20D/30D/40D/50D line to compete with the D7000 model level. And with all this category rejiggering, we're going to end up having to use scientific notation for cameras' names because we've run out of space for all the digits. D7X10^3 anyone?

drive_75
748 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 16, 2010 14:28 |  #73

reng2009 wrote in post #10919763 (external link)
That its IQ is almost comparable to the D3 is most remarkable.

Okay I think you are making this up. I have not seen any comparison picture between the two camera. How was it that the D7000 IQ is comparable?

Shwagnew
218 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 16, 2010 15:29 |  #74

^I'm going to buy one because of how dumb this thread is.

Feedback

Shwagnew
218 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 16, 2010 15:37 |  #75

Wait a minute! The Nikonians forum just caused me to have a seizure and I can't read anything without getting a headache. I don't think I want one anymore.

Feedback

sponsored links

42,840 views & 0 likes for this thread
D7000 is that for real?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.