cptrios wrote in post #13172269
Tempting indeed! I think stock levels are going to be pretty solid going forward. I don't think it'll be in stock constantly, but a lot more than it used to be. Goodbye $1500 eBay sales!
there goes that idea, it's already out of stock!
miguelr wrote in post #13172338
Tempted, since I don't want to wait 2 months for the x10..
yeah, that's the other temptation for me.
rjx wrote in post #13172410
Or you could use that money to upgrade your 70-300 VR to the 70-300 IS L .
dear god why would I get that lens? $1500? I can get a 100-400 for that which I've had... but I don't use a tele that often, so I'm much rather have a $400 tele that is great optically and weighs and costs less so I don't mind not using it as much. I was honestly considering selling it to help fund the X100 if I got one (with no replacement plans).
But yeah, I'm rationalizing the not getting an X100 by reminding myself the 5Dii w/ 24L and 85 1.4 is a better family/low light camera and the NEX5 is a better ski camera. If the X100 isn't better at either, I don't NEED it, plus sailing with a $1200 camera wouldn't be the best idea (even in a pelican). I am considering the X10 once I see some sample images because it replaces my NEX in every way if the IQ is good outside in daylight.
I still want an X100, but I want to try one before spending $1200 to try one. A friend grabbed one today, so I'll see how his is the next time he's in town.