Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 20 Sep 2010 (Monday) 05:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 1ds4 will be anounced today

Gel
Goldmember
1,118 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 20, 2010 05:16 |  #1

Because I just bought a 1d4

You heard it here first.

:D

Chris Giles Photography

sponsored links
sebasr
87 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 20, 2010 05:56 |  #2

Man I have been waiting for ages and ages. I really don't want a 5dmark II because the af is not much better than a rebel and I am currently shooting with a 1DMarkII. But I need full frame for my 16-35, and better low light performance would be nice, so what do I do? It ain't worth me buying a 1dsMkIII now! Spew, I guess I have to keep waiting or throw good money away on a 5dII, double spew.

Gel
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,118 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 20, 2010 06:26 |  #3

I wouldn't say it's throwing good money away, for the price the 5D2's hard to beat tbh.

Chris Giles Photography

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 20, 2010 07:34 |  #4

sebasr wrote in post #10941586 (external link)
Man I have been waiting for ages and ages. I really don't want a 5dmark II because the af is not much better than a rebel and I am currently shooting with a 1DMarkII. But I need full frame for my 16-35, and better low light performance would be nice, so what do I do? It ain't worth me buying a 1dsMkIII now! Spew, I guess I have to keep waiting or throw good money away on a 5dII, double spew.

If you want the build of a 1D, then the 1Ds III is your camera. :)

Gel
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,118 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 20, 2010 11:25 |  #5

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out my post was based on a british term called:

Sods Law

(I've had a few pm's asking if I'm being serious).

We also suffer from a disease called Irony, which many cannot get and our dentistry sucks :D

Chris Giles Photography

AdamJL
Goldmember
4,365 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 21, 2010 21:46 |  #6

^ LOL I love how you've had to explain it... sheesh some people just don't get humour!

Gear

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,584 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 21, 2010 22:28 |  #7

Gel wrote in post #10942929 (external link)
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out my post was based on a british term called:

Sods Law

(I've had a few pm's asking if I'm being serious).

We also suffer from a disease called Irony, which many cannot get and our dentistry sucks :D

AdamJL wrote in post #10953194 (external link)
^ LOL I love how you've had to explain it... sheesh some people just don't get humour!

Yes, unfortunately, the best of humourous jokes are wasted on the stupid - and there are plenty of them about!

SmugMug (external link)

sebasr
87 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 22, 2010 07:31 |  #8

I spoke with a canon rep the other day at a lighting seminar. No 1Ds MkIV this year, pretty much confirms the canon rumors site. Disappointing indeed, but who knows perhaps a different camera may be announced, just no new flagship camera.

Gel
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,118 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 22, 2010 08:01 |  #9

TBH I'd rather Canon force our hand.

I would of bought a 1D4 sooner had I of known, the 1DS3 is good but with the High ISO of the 1D4 and the 5D2 it suits my work more.

Still cracking for studio work though, skin tones are better than the 5D2.

Chris Giles Photography

dKweddings.net
Goldmember
1,472 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 23, 2010 03:05 |  #10

Gel wrote in post #10955417 (external link)
TBH I'd rather Canon force our hand.

I would of bought a 1D4 sooner had I of known, the 1DS3 is good but with the High ISO of the 1D4 and the 5D2 it suits my work more.

Still cracking for studio work though, skin tones are better than the 5D2.

Congrats Gel! Yeah, I had the 1d4 for a while too and really REALLY liked everything about it. BUT found that the AF in low light with IR AF asist was poor. The crop factor is a hate/love thing.
http://dkweddings.net/​blog/?p=10 (external link)
BTW: Still totally in love with the 1Ds3's autofocus system!
-David

www.dKweddings.net (external link) || www.facebook.com/dKwed​dings (external link) || www.facebook.com/david​ucla (external link)

Gel
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,118 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 23, 2010 09:49 |  #11

I'm using it for a wedding this Saturday.
I'll be leaving the DS3 indoors this time and will be taking the 5D2

It'll be interesting to compare them.

Chris Giles Photography

mrmarks
817 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 09, 2010 11:09 |  #12

So Gel, what's your comparison between the 5D2 and 1DS3?

Gel
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,118 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 18, 2010 04:19 |  #13

Well after editing 2000 images from the 5D2, 1Ds3 and the 1D4 the 1D4 is the king of the hill.

The high ISO, AF, spot metering linked to the focal point and the ability to write to two cards at once makes it a brilliant camera beating the other two on various grounds.

Very few out of focus shots compared to the 5D2.

The DS3, lovely, but full frame is it's only strength. Compared to the 1D4, for weddings anyway and to be honest I'd rather learn how to cope with the crop.

Chris Giles Photography

Darkwand
Goldmember
1,850 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 20, 2010 19:47 |  #14

Canon's Full frame cameras seem to all be betting on their Full frame to make the special. The 1Ds4 is not releases and the 5D2 looks really dated with the 7D to compare with.

Hopefully the 1Ds4 get's released soon so i can afford a used 1Ds3 ;)

Adrian My Flickr (external link)
Canon 6D, Canon 7D, Canon 500D, Canon 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1,8 USM, Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro, 10-20mm f/4-5,6

Manfrotto 055 CXPRO4 + 498RC2, Manfrotto 410 Junior, Elinchrom: RX1200, 2x BRX250 , Dlite-it 4 and 2, Canon 580EXII

danpass
Goldmember
2,134 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 09, 2010 09:47 |  #15

Gel wrote in post #10942929 (external link)

Sods Law

(I've had a few pm's asking if I'm being serious). <--- unbelievable lol

Harm wrote in post #10953392 (external link)
Yes, unfortunately, the best of humourous jokes are wasted on the stupid - and there are plenty of them about!

Indeed. I love this one and its exceedingly well said :D

Dan
Gallery (external link) | Gear/Feedback

sponsored links

7,930 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 1ds4 will be anounced today
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.