Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Sep 2010 (Tuesday) 01:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

your thoughts on the optech super classic

tudragan
318 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 21, 2010 01:12 |  #1

So i have been looking for a camera strap. After some research on POTn, I have come to the conclusion that I will be buying the optech super classic or lowepro voyager.

It doesnt seem like too many people use the lowepro so i am leaning towards optech since the potn like it more. I also noticed that there are two kinds of the super classic. the regular super classic with a pro loop and then there is the super classic with a uni loop. what are the differences between the two?

_Jonathan

Gear List
Jonathandinh.wordpress​.com <- check out my new blog

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
43,038 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Sep 21, 2010 12:58 |  #2

If you visit the OpTech web site, you will see closeups of the ends available...they actually have many attachment styles supported. Unfortunately I don't know the uni loop. Unfortunately the web information does not make it obvious what the differences are.
From the web, " The Utility Loop is ideal for adapting the UTILITY STRAP or other strap with snap hooks for use with a camera. Available in sets of two. The new Uni-Loop Connectors allow users to have a universal system with many other OP/TECH USA products"

From OpTech site
"UNI-LOOP
Availability: In stock

MSRP $7.95

•Enables cameras or binoculars to be used interchangeably with OP/TECH USA neck straps, wrist straps or harness systems
•Minimizes the amount of strap left on the camera when the main pad is removed (3.5" in length)
•Fits tight connection areas using a loop of 1/4" tubular nylon webbing
•Sold in sets of two
•Made in the USA

With the OP/TECH USA SYSTEM CONNECTORS, the camera/binocular owner has several connection options. You can buy an extra set of connectors to customize the strap to best suit your needs. Straps can be lengthened to be worn across the chest or shortened to be worn at chest level. Another feature of the SYSTEM CONNECTORS is the small carrying handle created when the quick disconnects are latched together. Download the Info Sheet on the 14 different System Connectors.

The UNI-LOOP System Connectors allow a camera or binoculars to be used with several neck straps, wrist straps or harness systems. The UNI-LOOP System Connector is available in sets of two, with one male and one female connection.

The System Connectors collection includes:
1. Swivel Hooks
2. Adjustable Connectors
3. 3/8" Webbing
4. Pro Loop Connector
5. Super Pro, A
6. Super Pro, B
7. Utility Loop
8. Uni-Loop
9. Uni Adaptor Loop
10. Reporter/ Backpack
11. Adapts-Its
12. Mini QD Converter
13. Lens Support
14. Sling Strap Adaptor

PRO LOOP CONNECTOR
Availability: In stock

MSRP $8.75

•Available in two fully adjustable sizes: 10" to 13" (Regular) and 13" to 19" (X-Large)
•Uses 1/4" tubular nylon webbing to fit tight connection points
•The quick disconnects can be clipped together to create a small carrying handle
•Sold in sets of two
•Made in the USA
With the OP/TECH USA SYSTEM CONNECTORS, the camera/binocular owner has several connection options. You can buy an extra set of connectors to customize the strap to best suit your needs. Straps can be lengthened to be worn across the chest or shortened to be worn at chest level. Another feature of the SYSTEM CONNECTORS is the small carrying handle created when the quick disconnects are latched together. Download the Info Sheet on the 14 different System Connectors.

The PRO LOOP CONNECTOR uses 1/4" tubular nylon webbing to fit easily in tight connection areas. The PRO LOOP CONNECTOR is available in sets of two, with one female and one male connection.

Available Sizes

Regular: 10" - 13" adjustable each side (25.4cm - 33cm)
X-Large: 13" - 19" adjustable each side (33cm - 48.3cm)

The System Connectors collection includes:
1. Swivel Hooks
2. Adjustable Connectors
3. 3/8" Webbing
4. Pro Loop Connector
5. Super Pro, A
6. Super Pro, B
7. Utility Loop
8. Uni-Loop
9. Uni Adaptor Loop
10. Reporter/Backpack
11. Adapts-Its
12. Mini QD Converter
13. Lens Support
14. Sling Strap Adaptor

"

I have the OpTech Super Classic myself, and an very satisfied by it. Having tried a number of other straps in the past, it is my current strap of choice.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,342 views & 0 likes for this thread
your thoughts on the optech super classic
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.