Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Sep 2010 (Thursday) 20:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite!

this thread is locked
CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 23, 2011 07:22 |  #7396
bannedPermanent ban

A big Thank you for the pictures with the laptop and tripod so what size is that laptop? because I have one and its a dell 15"4 widescreen. I will not be carrying one all day just when I travel than I will remove it, for less weight. I also know what you mean about the tripod legs. And Will the flipside 400aw hold a 60D with grip on?.

Btw what is the price for this bag? I can get it for 980RMB in China do you think this is to much?

Dr.D wrote in post #12276302 (external link)
Just snapped these to show what I mean. Don't judge ;)
So this is where you can put a small laptop.
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMG_3944 (external link) by alto236jar196 (external link), on Flickr
Even after just laying it down the legs of the pod came out.
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMG_3945 (external link) by alto236jar196 (external link), on Flickr

Gear List

sponsored links
Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 23, 2011 08:45 |  #7397

Rivest wrote in post #12277127 (external link)
A small update for those wondering! I did a studio shoot woth my girlfriend yesterday, today is the big event shoot (money raising for handicaped kids), tomorrow will be the airplane shoot and the day after tomorrow I found a girl (a nice and sexy girl I must say ;)) willing to model for me, so I have another shoot coming!

I also have a personnal project/idea that I want to try after that. I'll try to replicate a picture from Pitbull, he was in a studio. Lools like a nice challenge!

Anyway, have a good day guys!

Awesome! Getting gigs is fun. Most kids in high school were flipping burgers for money when I was out making money and doing charity work with my camera at 17 years old. You're very lucky to be younger with the digital age where it is today. I would have never changed professions if it wasn't for hating film for making money.

Good job dude! It doesn't matter what field you enter, working hard will put you above the rest. :cool:

My 500PX (external link)

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 23, 2011 08:58 |  #7398

Thanks Canon_Lover (name..?)!

Here are the results of my quick session with the girlfriend, first time gelling my background flash, c&c is always welcomed ;)
Between, she really hates posing and having her picture taken, but she wanted some new pictures. Working with a model who doesn't not want to pose is hard. But I think I've been able to make some good ones. Let me know ;)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by ZENFOLIO PROTECTED
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE: http://Rivest.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v16/p539336414-4.jpg

Hi, I'm David.

Mistabernie
'Camera Unicorn McSparkles'..
2,739 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 23, 2011 09:03 |  #7399

Great shots :) My only suggestion would have been slightly better lighting from (her) right side on the 2nd one... for 'not wanting to pose', she seems to have done fine (and you as well) :)

Donate if you love POTN! | Smugmug (external link) | Gear List & POTN Marketplace Feedback
Feel free to call me Bernie.
LIVING PROOF WHY YOU DON'T MENTION THE TITLE FAIRY...

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 23, 2011 09:08 |  #7400

Mistabernie wrote in post #12277430 (external link)
Great shots :) My only suggestion would have been slightly better lighting from (her) right side on the 2nd one... for 'not wanting to pose', she seems to have done fine (and you as well) :)

Thanks for that :)

I agree with you, I knew that shot's lighting was bad. I've included a picture of the setup in my post, see why I missed it. Softbox camera right, but her face is looking more to the left. I should have moved the softbox to my left a bit, but I did not spot the bad lighting when I chimped. Lesson learned I guess ;)

Hi, I'm David.

Mistabernie
'Camera Unicorn McSparkles'..
2,739 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 23, 2011 09:13 |  #7401

Yeah, that makes sense. Very nice stuff regardless :)

Donate if you love POTN! | Smugmug (external link) | Gear List & POTN Marketplace Feedback
Feel free to call me Bernie.
LIVING PROOF WHY YOU DON'T MENTION THE TITLE FAIRY...

BXPhoto
Goldmember
2,170 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2011 09:37 |  #7402

Nice work David, you've definately improved a ton!!! Cant wait to see more... Im racing in todays event (Pro-Am Drift contest) and Ill see if I can sneak some peaks around the sidelines. But between track runs, practice runs and driver meetings I highly doubt it.

www.vegasdrift.com (external link) for more info

My name is Andrew and I like Canon's!!!
Gearlist and Feedback
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
BeXposed Photography on ModelMayhem (external link)

dlsfever
288 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 23, 2011 09:41 |  #7403

Dr.D wrote in post #12276302 (external link)
Just snapped these to show what I mean. Don't judge ;)
So this is where you can put a small laptop.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_3941 (external link) by alto236jar196 (external link), on Flickr
This is how the pouch hangs down and if you set it all the way down the pod pops out.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_3943 (external link) by alto236jar196 (external link), on Flickr
This is how the bag tips. I guess if you put it an the ground it's ok, but while hiking I put it down on a large rock and a picnic type park bench and it was a little sketchy thinking it could lose it's balance pretty easy.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_3944 (external link) by alto236jar196 (external link), on Flickr
Even after just laying it down the legs of the pod came out.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_3945 (external link) by alto236jar196 (external link), on Flickr

I have the same bag and my IBM X31 fits nicely in the Flipside 300. Only thing is I put an extra piece of buffer material between the laptop and camera and lens I dont want them to grind against each other. I never had any issue with tripod coming out of the bottom pouch as it is small enough to fit all three legs in there.

Dan

5D III | 60D | Canon 10-22mm | Canon 17-55mm 2.8 | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Canon 70-200 2.8L IS II | Canon 100mm 2.8L | Sigma 35mm 1.4 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Canon 430 EX II/600 EX RT | YongNuo YN560 II

dlsfever
288 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 23, 2011 09:45 as a reply to  @ dlsfever's post |  #7404

Anyone have this battery?
http://www.amazon.com/​gp/product/B003ZSHKIO (external link)

I needed a second battery and saw this. It came out to $16 and change and had great reviews. thanks

Dan.

Dan

5D III | 60D | Canon 10-22mm | Canon 17-55mm 2.8 | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Canon 70-200 2.8L IS II | Canon 100mm 2.8L | Sigma 35mm 1.4 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Canon 430 EX II/600 EX RT | YongNuo YN560 II

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 23, 2011 10:09 |  #7405

Mistabernie wrote in post #12277430 (external link)

Ditto. :D Good work Rivest. #3 is well framed and shows personality in the subject.

Having a larger white reflector handy makes it easier to fill shots quicker when moving your lights is not as fast.

BTW, Canon_Lover is what is printed on my driver's license. ;)

My 500PX (external link)

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 23, 2011 10:19 |  #7406
bannedPermanent ban

How can you have the same bag? yours is the (flipside 300 aw) and the pictures shown is the flipside 400 aw;)

dlsfever wrote in post #12277631 (external link)
I have the same bag and my IBM X31 fits nicely in the Flipside 300. Only thing is I put an extra piece of buffer material between the laptop and camera and lens I dont want them to grind against each other. I never had any issue with tripod coming out of the bottom pouch as it is small enough to fit all three legs in there.

Gear List

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 23, 2011 10:20 |  #7407

dlsfever wrote in post #12277654 (external link)
Anyone have this battery?
http://www.amazon.com/​gp/product/B003ZSHKIO (external link)

I needed a second battery and saw this. It came out to $16 and change and had great reviews. thanks

Dan.

Looks good. Only some minor complaints of not charging all the way. Since it is sold by Amazon, why not buy one? They will take it back if it is a bogus product.

Report back! Might pick one up myself. :)

My 500PX (external link)

Dr.D
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 23, 2011 12:02 |  #7408

CanonEOS wrote in post #12277135 (external link)
A big Thank you for the pictures with the laptop and tripod so what size is that laptop? because I have one and its a dell 15"4 widescreen. I will not be carrying one all day just when I travel than I will remove it, for less weight. I also know what you mean about the tripod legs. And Will the flipside 400aw hold a 60D with grip on?.

Btw what is the price for this bag? I can get it for 980RMB in China do you think this is to much?

Sorry this is the 300. I think the laptop is a 12in., but has a little wiggle room. I paid about $70USD so not sure what that converts to. It will hold a 60D gripped, but then you lose the room for the laptop. You could always take the grip off and put it in another part of the bag though.

From left top down-A 430EX and wall charger.
Middle down-light sphear and 18-135 mounted on the 60D
Right down-50mm and 75-300
I think this is similar to what you want to carry, so if you wanted to put the grip in the pouch under the camera and your small camcorder in the spot I have the light sphear this might work for you. Also the wife's P/S could go next to the camera since there is a little room by the grip. Id did find this though-http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=cJH3gr9NLeM (external link)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_3097 (external link) by alto236jar196 (external link), on Flickr
Second pic shows how I have put the GFong puffer in my light sphere and turned the 430EX diffuser backwards to fit the the bottom of the GF to be able to get more in here.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_3098 (external link) by alto236jar196 (external link), on Flickr

6D . Gripped 60D . Gripped XSI . Opteka 6.5 . Canon 10-22 . Canon 18-135 . Canon 50 1.8 MKII . Canon 24-105 f4 L . Canon 70-200 2.8 IS MKII L . Canon 70-300 IS USM . Sigma 150-600 . Canon 100mm Macro . Canon 2X III . 430 EXII . Manfroto 190XPROB . Manfrotto 055XPROB . Black Rapid Sport . Outback 200
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1195651

ranger50
Goldmember
1,212 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 23, 2011 12:12 |  #7409

Rivest wrote in post #12277417 (external link)
Thanks Canon_Lover (name..?)!

Here are the results of my quick session with the girlfriend, first time gelling my background flash, c&c is always welcomed ;)
Between, she really hates posing and having her picture taken, but she wanted some new pictures. Working with a model who doesn't not want to pose is hard. But I think I've been able to make some good ones. Let me know ;)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by ZENFOLIO PROTECTED
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND

David, Good job! The poses are much better this time. She looks like she's enjoying it more this time, and I think that makes a difference. Are those the gels you got from Mike?? They do a great job. Good job all around.;)

EOS 60D/ 70-200L/ Sunpak PF30X/ Sunpak 6600PG platinum Plus ball head Tripod 59.95 / Pelican S.S. Large Military Camera case
It's better to have it and not need it, Than to need it, and not have it.;)

meglet
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 23, 2011 13:10 |  #7410

vinmunoz wrote in post #12276453 (external link)
Thank you very much. I saw the exif in flickr already but thanks for the extra infos.

Did you do some sharpening in PP?

Thanks again.

vinz

You're welcome. I did run the default sharpening in LightRoom, and a little bit of noise reduction.

More photos! I'm now officially caught up, as long as I don't count what's still in my camera from this morning.

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5064/5646444631_96e7153606_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …eghansgallery/5​646444631/  (external link)
Ferry Race (external link) by Meghan A (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5307/5646444599_564df2a743_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …eghansgallery/5​646444599/  (external link)
Lunch Thief (external link) by Meghan A (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5269/5646444431_ee9c09e86b_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …eghansgallery/5​646444431/  (external link)
Falling Down (external link) by Meghan A (external link), on Flickr

Also, is anyone using the RRS L-bracket with their 60D? If so, how much does it interfere with the rotation of the LCD?

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Tamron SP 60mm f/2 Macro Di II | Samyang 8mm f/3.8 VDSLR Fish-eye

sponsored links

1,666,382 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.