Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 26 Sep 2010 (Sunday) 23:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

HS Night Boys Soccer

northpointphoto
754 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 26, 2010 23:24 |  #1

Went out last Thursday night to my brothers soccer game. The game started at 7pm so there was only about 20-30 minutes of good light then it got dark and the stadium lights stuck.

Shot these with a D3 and a 400 f2.8 ended up shooting about 1/400, f2.8, ISO 6400. Used imagenomic noiseware for NR. Let me know what you think.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

5 My brother in white
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Russell
Russell Tracy Photography (external link) |LIGHTING SETUPS AND DIAGRAMS
Think Tank Photo Affiliate (external link) | Sports Shooter Profile (external link)

sponsored links
sschaef1
58 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 27, 2010 03:03 |  #2

Nice shots! Due to the look-down angle and the extremely short depth of field, those last two almost look like they were taken with a tilt-shift lens.

northpointphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
754 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 27, 2010 12:16 |  #3

Thanks for the comment. I was sitting with my parents in the stands for the last couple.

Russell
Think Tank Photo Affiliate (external link) | Sports Shooter Profile (external link)

troybal
544 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 27, 2010 15:27 |  #4

I really like them the colors look great too!

mdaniel
370 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 27, 2010 21:31 |  #5

Amazing clarity for ISO 6400.

https://photography-on-the.net …?p=8681946&post​count=1961Gear

northpointphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
754 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 28, 2010 14:35 |  #6

Thanks for the comments.

I typically dont like shooting at 6400 because I do a lot of cropping for HS sports but I have found that imagenomic noiseware does a great job of cleaning it up while keeping good sharpness and clarity in the photos.

Russell

sponsored links

1,050 views & 0 likes for this thread
HS Night Boys Soccer
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.