Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 27 Sep 2010 (Monday) 08:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Calumet Video Quick Release Adapter/Plate

johnlo
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 27, 2010 08:54 |  #1

I am shopping for a Video Quick Release Adapter/Plate to be use with my DIY Rig. I was looking at the Manfrotto 577 Rapid Connect Adapter w/ 501PL plate... and hopefully if I decide to get a Video fluid head, i can use it w/ the Manfrotto 701HDV since it will take the 501PL.

after looking around at Calumet online store, i came across this http://www.calumetphot​o.com/item/CK9007/ (external link) which look similar to the Manfrotto 577, except almost half the price. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience or know anything about this Adapter and Plate.

thanks

johnlo photography :
personal blog: http://www.jklimagery.​com (external link)
My Gear List

sponsored links
johnlo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 28, 2010 06:39 |  #2

Guess nobody in here have any experience w/ the Calumet Video QR Adapter i mentioned. Oh well.!

johnlo photography :
My Gear List

drPheta
Goldmember
1,060 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 28, 2010 22:07 |  #3

It looks the same, but I can't see how the bottom is designed. So, hard to say. Best bet is to walk into Calumet with either a 501PL and try it on their QR, or bring your mono/tripod and see if their plate snaps into yours.

- my vimeo - (external link)

johnlo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 29, 2010 06:42 |  #4

thx. I might just get it. its half the price. I'm not a videographer... and dont even know if i will be getting a fluid head anytime soon. Only need something like this for my DIY Rig

saw your same reply in Cinema5D - THX

johnlo photography :
My Gear List

npompei
563 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 29, 2010 08:58 |  #5

FWIW, I love my monfrotto fluid head tripod and monopod and the quick release is really nice.

www.nickpompei.com (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Canon 5d3-gripped / Canon 5d / Canon EOS M / Phottix Mitros + (3) / Tamron 17-35 (2.8-4.0) / Tamron 28-75 (2.8) / Canon 35L / Canon 50 (1.4) / Sigma 85 (1.4) / Canon 70-200(2.8)IS

johnlo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 30, 2010 17:55 |  #6

i did pick up the QR Adapter from Calumet today/ so far so good. dont have nothing to compare it too, or if this plate will fit on any of the Manfrotto fluid head since i dont have one. for what i need, $30 fit the budget nicely

johnlo photography :
My Gear List

drPheta
Goldmember
1,060 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 02, 2010 08:26 |  #7

John, can you take a picture of the bottom of the QR plate? Called them, and they aren't sure if it'll fit. But it looks exactly the same.

- my vimeo - (external link)

codearachnid
150 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Oct 10, 2010 13:15 |  #8

John - since you picked up the Calumet QR adapter - any thoughts on the quality of the adapter and how many inches of play does it provide?

Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Facebook (external link)
Bodies: OMD e-m10, 5DmkII, 7D, G9
Lenses: Olympus 60/2.8 Macro, M.Zuiko ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO, EF 12-24/4, 24-70/2.8, 35/2, 50/1.8, 85/1.8, 70-200/2.8 ...
Other Gear: Elinchrom Quadra RX, Yonguo 560 VI + TX, Canon 580ex II, Canon 600ex-rt + plenty of misc gear ...

sponsored links

3,321 views & 0 likes for this thread
Calumet Video Quick Release Adapter/Plate
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.