Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 27 Sep 2010 (Monday) 22:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-stop Loka looks like a winner

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 01, 2010 05:19 |  #31

gisk wrote in post #11012926 (external link)
Very disappointed. Loka arrived at my house midweek, but I'm a college student. Just drove home from college for the weekend to pick it up. I open it and it's the wrong color. Waited four months for this? Weekend is officially ruined.

Sorry to here about your extreme disappointment. Mistakes obviously do happen as it did here.

Don't let this error ruin your whole weekend. I will personally take the good from this mishap and be stoked at your anticipation for our product.

I love these bags as much as anyone, as they are all my babies... But please remember it is only a bag, there a kids starving out there... lets not get carried away.

I am looking into seeing if we have a green to replace it. Will PM or you can email me ian@fstopgear.com (external link)

EDIT: Heard back from the boss, please email me your sales order details, he will ship you out a new Green one ASAP at our expense. He takes the all blame. We only have one left and he is holding it for you, please email ASAP.

Regards

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

sponsored links
Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 01, 2010 05:22 |  #32

stickshift wrote in post #11012123 (external link)
Nice bag....actually tried to order one today, but the order didn't go through at the payment step even with different credit cards. Anyone else have that problem?

Hi please email cs@fstopgear.com (external link) or pm me. It will be faster to email...

Not sure the problem but we will look in it ASAP.

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 01, 2010 05:26 |  #33

gixxer wrote in post #11013069 (external link)
What color did you order/get? When I first saw mine I thought I had gotten the wrong color for a second because I was expecting it to be more "greenish" but it looks more "grayish" to me. Regardless I still like it.

Hi Gixxer,

I can understand your color issues but can I also assure you it is Foliage Green. It does have a bit of a chameleon effect in certain light.

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 01, 2010 05:42 |  #34

brian-socal wrote in post #11011814 (external link)
Ian,

Not trying to hijack the thread...but it really looks like you've got some nice bags. As I mentioned above, I'd love to pick one up some time if I thought they would fit. A few thoughts for accommodating taller guys:

The Kelty MAP 3500 Tactical pack (my current pack, works like a charm) is a 3 day pack with a couple of great features.

http://tactical.amroni​ntl.com …ID=5056&industr​y=tactical (external link)

1) The waist belt is removable. As a tall guy, sometimes it's just easier to get rid of the waist belt altogether. On the MAP 3500, it's held on behind the back padding with a serious wad of velcro. Works great.

2) The shoulder straps adjust on the bottom of the strap as well as the top of the strap. It's a pretty interesting system that I hadn't seen before. It makes it so that the pack, if using the waist belt, can sit where it needs to on my waist, and still have padding on the shoulders where it should be. It's clever. You can see some pictures of the top adjustment at:

http://edcforums.com …-3500-Review.-56k-suicide (external link)

Start at about the 4th picture or so to see the strap mechanism.

3) Make the internal frame removable and re-bendable. On the MAP 3500 you can pull out the metal strips and reconfigure to your needs. I've got it set up pretty well on mine.

I'm currently using my Kelty with a Pacsafe and/or Mountainsmith Camera Cube depending on how much gear I need to schlep, but I might seriously look at the ICU at some time in the future.

Just some thoughts...

Hey Brian, thanks for feedback. I will be blunt and am sure you have already have heard this in your life as a tall guy, but the tall guy market is tough. It is really hard for a company to justify making bags for a very small percent of users. Add the size of our company and you odds are getting smaller.

The good news is we are growing at a good pace and finally getting into developing size options, unfortunate for you were are starting with smaller fits.

One of the developers who does a lot of the fit testing with myself is actually in the 6'5 range. You may want to consider trying a Satori or Tilopa if you haven't. They fit him well... but still understand you have a bit on him.

Any how as some one mentioned, a custom bag/ or your current with ICU might do you best.

gixxer
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 01, 2010 05:45 |  #35

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #11013204 (external link)
Hi Gixxer,

I can understand your color issues but can I also assure you it is Foliage Green. It does have a bit of a chameleon effect in certain light.

It's not really an issue, I was just thinking it would be a different shade of green I guess. I thought it looked grey but my wife said it looked green to her so maybe it's just me :).

btw, how can I place an order for the rain cover, I couldn't find it on the website?

Daniel
flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |ImageCarolina.net (external link)

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 01, 2010 05:56 |  #36

here is a link... http://****/fstoprainc​over (external link)

Although it is out of stock... has never been in stock. Will be available in November.

supra8903
174 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 01, 2010 07:20 |  #37

I still needs some pics of this on people.
even the tilopa....
im a big guy 6'2" and 250 lbs.... so i can handle a big pack.... just not sure what one i need / want.

Joseph Jeram
---------------
Nikon D700, 24-70 f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 105mm f2.8

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 01, 2010 07:54 as a reply to  @ supra8903's post |  #38

the fellow pictured on the web site under the loka is over 6'2. Although not maybe 250lbs.

brian-socal
101 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 01, 2010 09:15 |  #39

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #11013229 (external link)
I will be blunt and am sure you have already have heard this in your life as a tall guy, but the tall guy market is tough. It is really hard for a company to justify making bags for a very small percent of users. Add the size of our company and you odds are getting smaller.

Yep. Familiar words. Designing products specifically for tall guys is a no-win situation for the company. My delight with the Kelty pack I've got is that, while it's certainly built and marketed for guys that are of average height, there are a few small (but undoubtedly costly to implement, especially in the quantities that you guys are selling) features that make it workable for tall folk. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress...best of luck!

My Photos (external link)

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 01, 2010 15:36 |  #40

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #11013197 (external link)
Hi please email cs@fstopgear.com (external link) or pm me. It will be faster to email...

Not sure the problem but we will look in it ASAP.

Same problem for me. I emailed cs@fstopgear.com (external link), hopefully will be resolved soon! So stoked on this bag... I liked it quite a bit at first glance, but after watching the Tim Kemple video I realized just how much space there is in this bag, and he sold me on it. Especially with a small ICU, it looks like the ultimate day pack, that just happens to be a great camera bag as well.

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |
Marketplace Feedback: Link
www.sheawyatt.ca (external link)

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 01, 2010 19:33 as a reply to  @ sheawyatt's post |  #41

Customer service suggests using paypal, and it is working just fine for orders. So if anyone tries to order with a credit card and gets an error, you can pay through paypal with no problems.

And props to the customer service at F-Stop. Got a response in a couple of hours after my first email inquiry, and have had responses within minutes of asking other questions.

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |
Marketplace Feedback: Link
www.sheawyatt.ca (external link)

alexwren
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 05, 2010 13:46 |  #42

I love this bag. Just picked mine up on Saturday and haven't really been able to test it out too much but I'm a very happy guy. I got the small ICU as I don't have much gear at all and want to be able to carry other stuff. Will be up in Whistler this weekend and hopefully head out for a hike with it. I plan to post a picture review but it will be more ski-specific. My plan is to have the small ICU, avi shovel, probe, skins, hydration pack, extra gloves and a pair of goggles in there. Plus the top pocket for a ski lock and a cliff bar or something. I am so frickin' excited for ski season now. Oh, also will be attaching skis a-frame style to see how the straps work for ski carry.

Canon 30D, 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 70-200 f/4L

JohnJ80
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 05, 2010 14:11 |  #43

alexwren wrote in post #11039248 (external link)
I love this bag. Just picked mine up on Saturday and haven't really been able to test it out too much but I'm a very happy guy. I got the small ICU as I don't have much gear at all and want to be able to carry other stuff. Will be up in Whistler this weekend and hopefully head out for a hike with it. I plan to post a picture review but it will be more ski-specific. My plan is to have the small ICU, avi shovel, probe, skins, hydration pack, extra gloves and a pair of goggles in there. Plus the top pocket for a ski lock and a cliff bar or something. I am so frickin' excited for ski season now. Oh, also will be attaching skis a-frame style to see how the straps work for ski carry.

Pretty much my application too. I'd like to have this be my regular skiing pack. I think it would work just fine for that.

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

JohnJ80
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 05, 2010 14:12 |  #44

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #11013258 (external link)
here is a link... http://****/fstoprainc​over (external link)

Although it is out of stock... has never been in stock. Will be available in November.

Hi Ian,

How is this different than other pack raincovers - you know the things that cover the whole outside of the pack like a big shower cap?

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

side1021
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 05, 2010 14:51 |  #45

What's the fit measurement for the sleeve on the Loka? I have a HP 6930p laptop (14.1"). Will it fit? Here are the dimensions for my laptop.

w x d x h : 3.1cm (at front) x 33.1cm x 24.3 cm

Thanks!!!

sponsored links

169,612 views & 1 like for this thread
F-stop Loka looks like a winner
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.