Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 30 Sep 2010 (Thursday) 08:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Slowest Vehicle You Have Ever Driven

thomascanty
Bold. Pink.
Gone, but not forgotten.
38,071 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Oct 23, 2010 13:00 |  #76

Flattracker wrote in post #11150709 (external link)
But my slowest car is also the one that surprised me by also being the one that turns the most heads and gets the most thumbs up.

1929 Ford Model A Roadster Pickup. All 100% stock.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

My name is Lonnie, but I answer to Thomas too.
LDPhotography.net (external link) | Weekly Pioneer (external link) | Facebook (external link)
"Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts."

sponsored links
AngryCorgi
THREAD ­ STARTER
-Bouncing Boy- a POTN peion
11,547 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Location: Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...

Oct 25, 2010 13:01 |  #77

teknophobia wrote in post #11149927 (external link)
One of these:
HM Ambassador (external link)

37 bhp NA diesel on a 1700 odd Kg body. Getting anywhere was a study in conservation of momentum. BTW, they also came with drum brakes. However, since they came with rubber reinforced steel bumpers, it was usually whatever you used to stop it that got dented. :P

That actually looks pretty cool for a slow ride...

AngryCorgi (external link) (aka Tom) ...Tools...

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

teknophobia
190 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 26, 2010 08:36 |  #78

I agree, apparently they were exported to the UK as well (Some people will buy anything :) ). The back seat could rival most american sedans for utility :P

"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships." - Ansel Adams
All I want to do is take pretty pictures
Facebook  (external link)

Wheatie
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 27, 2010 03:14 |  #79

Right after I graduated from high school I had a job in a factory where they made furniture out of whiskey barrels. One of my jobs was to load the kiln with fresh barrels to be baked until they were dry. Not only was that a nasty job in itself, but it required driving an ancient stake bed truck powered by natural gas to the other end of the factory to get the barrels. It was powered by LP gas, and if it went two miles an hour you were doing good. No pictures, and that was in 1977, so hopefully its gone to the junkyard by now.

evanger371
309 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Nov 08, 2010 21:11 |  #80

No question for me ... my daughter's 1993 VW cabriolet. High mileage, low compression, tiny tires ... it struggles with more than 2 people in the car. PERFECT!!! I'm sooooooo glad she doesn't have anything that she can drive too fast.

(and I'm assuming that a garden tractor doesn't count) ;)

AngryCorgi
THREAD ­ STARTER
-Bouncing Boy- a POTN peion
11,547 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Location: Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...

Nov 10, 2010 09:42 |  #81

evanger371 wrote in post #11250104 (external link)
No question for me ... my daughter's 1993 VW cabriolet. High mileage, low compression, tiny tires ... it struggles with more than 2 people in the car. PERFECT!!! I'm sooooooo glad she doesn't have anything that she can drive too fast.

(and I'm assuming that a garden tractor doesn't count) ;)

Probably a cute car for her, despite being velocity-challenged. :D

AngryCorgi (external link) (aka Tom) ...Tools...

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

Gregg.Siam
Goldmember
2,383 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 10, 2010 10:04 as a reply to  @ AngryCorgi's post |  #82

A Pontiac T1000. I used it for my driving ed class in 1980 I think. It had a hard time going up the fairly flat entry ramp to the highway..... WTF The max speed was literally 55mph.

5D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4 L| 50mm f/1.8 | 600EX-RT [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=bl​ue][FONT="]|
∞ 500px (external link)
flickr (external link)

JoeyBowman
855 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 11, 2010 06:49 as a reply to  @ Gregg.Siam's post |  #83

my 1987 Chevrolet S10 is pretty slow despite being a v6. It has a hard time going up hills or accelerating from a stop.

I had an 89 honda accord that had some engine trouble that was also very slow. But before the trouble it was surprisingly quick.

Gear
My Website (external link),

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 11, 2010 09:29 as a reply to  @ JoeyBowman's post |  #84

This,, my current mode of transport:rolleyes:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

number ­ six
fully entitled to be jealous
8,955 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 11, 2010 13:51 |  #85

OK, I give up. What is it?

-js

"Be seeing you."
50D - 17-55 f/2.8 IS - 18-55 IS - 28-105 II USM - 60 f/2.8 macro - 70-200 f/4 L - Sigma flash

Jason ­ C
do I need to submit a resume...?
4,841 posts
Gallery: 145 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 11, 2010 17:08 |  #86

PhotosByEric wrote in post #11012786 (external link)
Personal was a 1990 Suzuki Samurai, stock 66 HP baby!! With me driving and 2 good sized buddies in it we were lucky to hit 30 going up a freeway hill. But take it out in the woods and it would go places. That thing was so small, it would fit on the dirt bike trails.

I too, had a Samurai. 1987 with 62 screaming Hamsters under the hood. Fastest I ever got it was 85mph, downhill...with a tailwind.

You really learn how to think 10 steps ahead when trying to merge onto a freeway with that thing. At 60mph, the side mirrors would collapse inward do to the massive speed.

I once passed a cop going 80mph (downhill again) on a freeway, I was NOT pulled over...he probably thought he was hallucinating.

Yeah, slower than a snail but damn fun off-road!

Jason C

Equipment & Feedback
"I am not interested in shooting new things-I am interested to see things new"--Ernst Haas

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 11, 2010 18:52 |  #87

number six wrote in post #11266611 (external link)
OK, I give up. What is it?

-js

A Kolao motor scooter, locally made under the umbrella of Hyundai..

Now three years old, 10,500klms on the clock and totally reliable..

BTW,, cost me 725USD new with helmet thrown in:D

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

NaKiD ­ EyE
Goldmember
2,343 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 15, 2010 03:50 |  #88

A moped. After that my first vehicle which was a 5-speed '93 4 cylinder Ranger. I could barely hit 75 going down a hill, lol.

bindabinjo
480 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Nov 15, 2010 04:16 |  #89

vehicle? this thing...I've upgraded since then.

IMAGE: http://www.timetoplaymag.com/media/images/products/300/little_tikes/littletikes_cozy_coupe_ii_car.jpg

Kevin
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

10,194 views & 0 likes for this thread
Slowest Vehicle You Have Ever Driven
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.