Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 04 Oct 2010 (Monday) 02:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best way to do quick check of images on Mac

psxindo
419 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 04, 2010 02:01 |  #1

I'm new to Mac. Still learning.

What I want to do is to browse my images of about 1400 and delete the OOF/bad ones the fastest way?

In windows, I just use Image browser and I can just click zoom and it will zoom in and I can click the "X" button to delete it. And use the arrow key to go to the next image.

What is the best option to do this in Mac?

5D mkIII | 5D mkII | 6D | EOS M | 16-35L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8 IS mkII | EF-M 22 | 50 1.4 | 85L | 100 2.8 macro | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | 2x 580 ex II | 580 ex | 2x sunpak 383 | 134GB CF |
Wishlist | 14L | 24L | 35L | 50L | 100L macro | 135L | 15 2.8 FE | 17L 4 TS | 45 2.8 TS | 90 2.8 TS |

sponsored links
burrito
275 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 04, 2010 06:48 |  #2

if you mean through the finder window and not a photo program. you can press space bar to quick look and press the down arrow to go through them with out "opening" them if that makes sense.(it will when you try it) oh just use iphoto, go through them and flag the rejects and through them out in one shot.

Canon 5DII w/grip
24-70L 135L Sigmalux
430ex2

rioni
Goldmember
1,547 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 05, 2010 18:10 |  #3

What do you use for editing photos? If lightroom, it's much easier to quickly go through photos.

MaxxuM
Goldmember
3,349 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 05, 2010 18:59 |  #4

There's Picasa. It will search your HDD for photos and will give you a good idea of what you have. Make a backup before starting though.

EmmaRose
Goldmember
1,311 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 06, 2010 20:50 |  #5

Bridge is the easiest, but basically command + delete and your picture will be in the trash, command shift delete is emptying the trash

Gear. Flickr. (external link)

S-Man
Goldmember
2,008 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 10, 2010 23:29 |  #6

I sometimes use finder and press the spacebar to preview the image. However I've noticed that the colors are way off in preview.
For actual deleting of images though I use LR and set them as 'rejected' and delete them from disk after I go through the set. Its a little harder in finder because you have to right-click and send to trash. Is there a shortcut for that?

sponsored links

961 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best way to do quick check of images on Mac
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.