Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2010 (Thursday) 02:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,904 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Apr 27, 2012 23:54 |  #3676

does any know where to get one of these from?
http://gadgetflashstor​e.com …_SD_to_CF_Type_​II_Adapter (external link)

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

sponsored links
weka2000
Is that a 300mm in your pocket?
20,905 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 28, 2012 02:15 as a reply to  @ Mark0159's post |  #3677

Momentz ..... thoughts so far on 5D mk3

https://500px.com/tony​searle/galleries (external link)

momentz
Goldmember
2,471 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Apr 28, 2012 07:24 |  #3678

weka2000 wrote in post #14342518 (external link)
Momentz ..... thoughts so far on 5D mk3

I feel like this camera will let me grow photographically again. The '2 had me in a holding pattern. Being able to shoot with non centre focus points is extremely liberating. The improvement in ISO is tangible in the real world. No fear of 6400 at all. I am actually really excited about creating beautiful images again. I am having to relearn the appropriate times to use centre point rather than taking the time to move the focus point around!

The ONLY issue I have is with lack of focus point illumination during focus. The '2 does this, but the 7D (apparently), and the 1DX and 5D3 does not. Trying to keep a black square on target in a dark room with a couple moving during first dance is frustrating! I have raised this with Canon and hopefully enough other people have too such that it will be fixed with a firmware update. The camera can focus in the dark, but it's stupid that you can't see where it's trying to focus!

Canon EOS
Eos is the Titanic goddess of the dawn, who rose from her home at the edge of Oceanus, the Ocean that surrounds the world, to herald her brother Helios, the sun.

weka2000
20,905 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 28, 2012 16:53 as a reply to  @ momentz's post |  #3679

They have done a firmware for 5d3 already but not sure whats in it.
http://usa.canon.com …rk_iii#DriversA​ndSoftware (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,997 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 28, 2012 17:47 |  #3680

momentz wrote in post #14342944 (external link)
I feel like this camera will let me grow photographically again. The '2 had me in a holding pattern. Being able to shoot with non centre focus points is extremely liberating.

The same thing happened to me when I got the D700s, but with focus points and just general focus ability. You can stop worrying about the gear so much and concentrate on the art.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

lil_miss
Goldmember
4,075 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 28, 2012 18:07 |  #3681

The '2 is still fun :)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i131.photobucke​t.com …omentzphotos/_M​G_2734.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

A bunch of Canon bits and pieces.

Blog (external link) :: Facebook (external link)

momentz
Goldmember
2,471 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Apr 28, 2012 18:38 |  #3682

weka2000 wrote in post #14344804 (external link)
They have done a firmware for 5d3 already but not sure whats in it.
http://usa.canon.com …rk_iii#DriversA​ndSoftware (external link)

Fixes a few issues that most people had never heard of/experienced, including finnish menu name :lol: . Was probably ready on release date that firmware.

Canon EOS
Eos is the Titanic goddess of the dawn, who rose from her home at the edge of Oceanus, the Ocean that surrounds the world, to herald her brother Helios, the sun.

weka2000
20,905 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 28, 2012 19:05 as a reply to  @ momentz's post |  #3683

I would say wedding photography would be the most demanding on gear. Shooting from outside in bright light to inside dark churches where no flash is allowed.

Add to that no real second chances, bit like motorsport with accidents, cant wait for them to come back round again to get second shot.

Be intresting to see sales figures on both 5D3 and D800 and how it effects the 1Dx and D4.
All reports so far is 5D3 wins in ISO and AF .... D800 in photosize and outlets esp for video.

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 29, 2012 05:01 |  #3684

[QUOTE=lil_miss;143450​61]The '2 is still fun :)

I reckon thats pretty darn cool :)

How's the new house? Pretty exciting aye! We have a guy coming over tomorrow night to negotiate an offer on his property, its a private sale. Has a 220sqm industrial workshop I'll be able to convert pretty easily for work, will be freakin' amazing :D

Will also be able to fully setup the studio again and have a big demo area for all our lights etc.

The house is really nice too, will be awesome to have a house with doors that actually close or other doors that don't swing themselves shut! Will also be good to have a home for our wee man. Ever since they made our area redzone it just isn't home any more :(

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

lil_miss
Goldmember
4,075 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 29, 2012 05:10 |  #3685

Settlement date for us is this Friday - but we're not really moving properly for a couple of weeks as we still have weddings and stuff on... Will be sure to update at the end of May once we're all sorted..

Good luck with your negotiations :D

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 29, 2012 20:58 |  #3686

Oh, one of yours or Aarons facebook posts made me think you'd moved in. Exciting times ahead aye :)

We have had talks with the owner of this house so roughly know where are looking, just the last 10k to negotiate hehe.

My dispatch minion is nearly as excited as we are, poor guy has been climbing over boxes all day for months! The look on his face when I told him another 148 boxes are arriving this month, 63 tomorrow and 85 mid May *sigh* They will need to go in the media room until we move :| ... That's now 57sqm garage chocka full, 3 of the 4 bedrooms in the house and now the media room too... not the best environment to be bringing Jnr into. Will be AWESOME to have it 100% out of the house.

lil_miss wrote in post #14346959 (external link)

Settlement date for us is this Friday - but we're not really moving properly for a couple of weeks as we still have weddings and stuff on... Will be sure to update at the end of May once we're all sorted..

Good luck with your negotiations :D

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,997 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 29, 2012 21:16 |  #3687

Sounds like you need to hire a warehouse, rather than finding a house that happens to have a massive shed. Might be cheaper that way too, but if this one comes through then bonus :)

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

forsaken
Goldmember
1,953 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Apr 30, 2012 02:40 as a reply to  @ tim's post |  #3688

Enjoying my new lens, sigma 24-70 F2.8

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

*Simon* gear list | devolution photography (external link)
"No amount of clever technology takes a great shot, great shots are taken by people" - one day I may be able to take some :) -

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 30, 2012 08:24 |  #3689

tim wrote in post #14350471 (external link)
Sounds like you need to hire a warehouse, rather than finding a house that happens to have a massive shed. Might be cheaper that way too, but if this one comes through then bonus :)

We came to an agreement :D ... and a pretty good one I think considering the market here at the moment! It is better having the work at home, especially with the littlin around now. Plus there are many tax benefits to having a large work building nearly the size of your house :) Heres an aireal shot of the house and outbuilding.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

lil_miss
Goldmember
4,075 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 30, 2012 14:13 |  #3690

Awesome!!! Well done :D

sponsored links

2,061,518 views & 1,438 likes for this thread
GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.