Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2010 (Thursday) 02:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.

roseyposey
Goldmember
4,908 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Mar 29, 2020 05:27 |  #10096

Boredom the other night - handheld. Total failure, but I actually enjoy it :-). The fairy lights on my deck.

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49703295343_9d0934c287_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2iJ7​o4Z  (external link) P1024644 (external link) by Rose McGillicuddy (external link), on Flickr

Panasonic G9: Lenses covering 8 - 300mm
Canon M5: A variety of Canon, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, prime and zoom lenses, Samyang fisheye, 2 lovely Minolta MD, just for fun a Helios 44-2 58m - and adapters.
Rose
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/rose_mcgillicud​dy/ (external link)
"Dance among the moonbeams, feel the magic in the air."

sponsored links
weka2000
Is that a 300mm in your pocket?
20,930 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005

Mar 29, 2020 15:55 |  #10097

I went for walk with the idea of shooting letterboxes but could see any worth shooting.

Strange times ......... oh well something to tell the grand kids :)

https://500px.com/tony​searle/galleries (external link)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,552 posts
Gallery: 164 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Mar 30, 2020 03:40 |  #10098

Letterbox gnome from my walk yesterday:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II (broken), and an M5, along with a M6 destined for 720nm
TF posting: here :-)

weka2000
20,930 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 04, 2020 16:45 |  #10099

So hows everyone doing and filling in their day?

Painting keeping me semi busy but not really in mood but nothing else to do.

Still planning trip at end of May as I have not canceled flights ....... got to have some hope in these times :)

kiwichris
I forget how I didded that!
3,671 posts
Gallery: 191 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 04, 2020 20:49 |  #10100

Hoping every one is well, staying safe, best wishes all :)

Panasonic Lumix G9 and lenses from 7mm wide to 300mm long.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/chriswaynzpics/ (external link)

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,192 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006
Post edited 1 month ago by Mark Vuleta. (5 edits in all)

Apr 04, 2020 23:26 |  #10101

Like you, I am painting. I had every intention of painting the roof over Christmas but with too many visitors and it being too hot, I didn't!
I did wash the roof in preparation for said intended painting so that was worthwhile. Much better conditions at present to paint.

I have put the first coat on half of the house.

The original roof should only need two coats but the extension roof, which is in a different colour to the original (the original was going to be painted to match....) may require a third coat.

The second half of the roof is going to be a bit harder on the body (legs mainly) as it is at 27 degrees as against the 17 degree side that I have done. I am also doing it with a brush. There is not a roller made for the profile of the iron and I haven't got an airless sprayer.

View from the top.

Edit: The garage will get done as well, to match the house. I bought the paint 5 years ago to do the entire house, garage and roofs and some of it has been done.... can't rush these things....

HOSTED PHOTO

kiwichris
3,671 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 05, 2020 01:00 |  #10102

Mark Vuleta wrote in post #19040704 (external link)
Like you, I am painting. I had every intention of painting the roof over Christmas but with too many visitors and it being too hot, I didn't!
I did wash the roof in preparation for said intended painting so that was worthwhile. Much better conditions at present to paint.

I have put the first coat on half of the house.

The original roof should only need two coats but the extension roof, which is in a different colour to the original (the original was going to be painted to match....) may require a third coat.

The second half of the roof is going to be a bit harder on the body (legs mainly) as it is at 27 degrees as against the 17 degree side that I have done. I am also doing it with a brush. There is not a roller made for the profile of the iron and I haven't got an airless sprayer.

View from the top.

Edit: The garage will get done as well, to match the house. I bought the paint 5 years ago to do the entire house, garage and roofs and some of it has been done.... can't rush these things....
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Mark Vuleta in
./showthread.php?p=190​40704&i=i159968772
forum: The Lounge

I do have to admit, painting the roof with a brush is far more exciting than watching the grass grow. I hope you tightened up some nails first, not too hard, just enough to hold the iron down. Hot weather pulls out nails!

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,192 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 05, 2020 01:40 |  #10103

I had intended replacing all of the nails with Tek screws prior to painting. However, the greater majority of the nails (twist shank) were too tight to remove without doing excessive damage to the roof. Only a few that had really popped. It's a prick of a job, done it a few times over the years.

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,552 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Apr 05, 2020 02:59 |  #10104

Done some painting of the picket fence at the front today - been here 17 years (and done sod-all) it's probably due a bit of maintanance....
during the week I'm doing a fair bit of working-from-home, in between refereeing bouts of disagreement between the kids!

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II (broken), and an M5, along with a M6 destined for 720nm

kiwichris
3,671 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 05, 2020 03:28 |  #10105

Mark Vuleta wrote in post #19040734 (external link)
I had intended replacing all of the nails with Tek screws prior to painting. However, the greater majority of the nails (twist shank) were too tight to remove without doing excessive damage to the roof. Only a few that had really popped. It's a prick of a job, done it a few times over the years.

You have taken the correct course of action and nailing a new roof (with a hammer) is a much harder job, the hand holding the nail gets rather sore!

kiwichris
3,671 posts
Joined Oct 2008
Post edited 1 month ago by kiwichris.

Apr 05, 2020 03:32 |  #10106

joeseph wrote in post #19040749 (external link)
Done some painting of the picket fence at the front today - been here 17 years (and done sod-all) it's probably due a bit of maintanance....
during the week I'm doing a fair bit of working-from-home, in between refereeing bouts of disagreement between the kids!

Lively kids and small spaces = hard work. My neighbours have two energetic boys under 5. The boys are good but cant understand quite what is going on. The previous neighbours had a 5 yr old girl who used to visit me regularly, they moved to Whenuapai and I get regular messages that she misses me!. I miss her as well. Prior to this we had been visiting regularly. I live not far from North Shore Hosp.

weka2000
20,930 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 05, 2020 13:08 |  #10107

Mark Vuleta wrote in post #19040704 (external link)

use a house broom soft bristle

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,552 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Apr 07, 2020 02:55 |  #10108

Halfway down Dominion Road:

HOSTED PHOTO

apologies to Don McGlashan!

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,906 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Apr 07, 2020 03:15 |  #10109

it sounds like everyone is doing well.

I am working from home. my company is considered essential services. We have most if not all the company working from home. Inc our service desk. So that means I am working a full day.

And I must admit that I haven't touch the camera. still got plans to take a decent headshot. (have to figure out how)

I have got a brand new house so I have nothing to paint. But did want to build some shelves but didn't get the wood. Oh well next lockdown then.

so is there a challange?

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

weka2000
20,930 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 07, 2020 15:52 |  #10110

Mark0159 wrote in post #19041987 (external link)
so is there a challange?

yes to get through this with out killing or been killed by your spouse ....thus im painting outside :)

sponsored links

2,244,423 views & 1,489 likes for this thread
GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.